main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Bring it on. Maverick!

2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    So, Maisie *is* in. Hmmmm. Definitely interesting. Have we heard of Billie Lourd before?

Edit: Oops. I see she's Carrie's daughter.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Eh- you could get away with it if you disguised him as a goofy alien and had him play something un"Tom"-like:

Not that I care that much, but it did take me a while to figure out who that guy was in Tropic Thunder.

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Yah if he was a bartender or something it would be ridiculous but if it was like a cameo as Supreme Chancellor that might work. Whatever he does would have to account for his notoriety or it could really take you out of the movie.

5. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Depends if Leia is a queen and her daughter is princess

6. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Exactly what I was thinking. Her and Maisie were both mentioned together in the most recent casting rumour, so it's certainly possible she's onboard to.

7. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

Why would Leia be a queen? Wasn't she one of the head rebels who was fighting to restore the Republic? It would make more sense for her to be a chancellor or a head of state. And, Alderaan is gone, so there is no need for a queen of Alderaan.

8. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Exactly, that's always been my view. What can she be a queen of? She can't be Queen of a planet that doesn't exist.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    This seems more likely. Ignore more queen comment.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    [​IMG]

"Felucia. Corellia. Ooh, I wanna take ya. Polis Massa. Nar Shaddaa. Come on pretty mama..."

Dak Oolron, Immortiss, Ryus and 6 others like this.
  11. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think it would be kind of funny if he didn't have a single line or you couldn't see his face. Like casting him as a stormtrooper or something.

Indy 11 likes this.
  12. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I wouldn't be opposed to Cruise as an alien, droid, or heavily made up human, but he's way too much of a movie star to throw in there without a disguise. Then again, this could all turn out like the N Sync/AOTC rumor...

Dak Oolron and Indy 11 like this.
  13. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    I like Tom Cruise as an actor, I would be okay with him being in Star Wars

14. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Never trust a bartender with bad grammar. - Kyle Katarn

Ryus likes this.
  15. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Please no. Not Tom Cruise. Seeing him would immediately take me out of the movie. I have nothing against TC in the right roles, but he always plays "Tom Cruise". He is Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, Tom Cruise in Magnolia... Having a Cruise cameo might be fun in a self-aware film like Tropic Thunder, but not in Star Wars.

Claire1976 likes this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    The funny thing is: The internet is all over the cruise rumor, but not one sight mentioned the twitter leak even though a reputable source pretty much confirmed two new female cast members, one of which was long rumored.

17. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    Maybe Sellers is really hidden......because her character is a force ghost. :p

18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Sounds like Maisie is definitely in. But I've been thinking about the other person mentioned in that tweet, Carrie's daughter Billie. It's possible she is up for a cameo, but then I guess it's also possible she was just hanging with her mother on the set, and like all good SW fans, we are jumping to conclusions :p

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont buy the Cruise rumor. As for Maise and that other chick, Eh...they're probably just cameos or minor characters (like handmaidens as somebody suggested). I highly doubt they're playing somebody important like a child of one of the main cast.

Dak Oolron and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. thisguyisnotajedi

May 16, 2014
    That's why she's playing Obi Wan's granddaughter. :p

T-R- likes this.
  21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes lets have everybody be related to everybody! Characters who are new and don't have any blood relations to a past character? BAAH! That's boring! :p

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    if think if tom cruise does make a cameo, he'd be heavily makeup'd and unrecognizable. jj knows if he just appears as himself it would be too distracting.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I REALLY don't care one way or another. If he has a line or two like Ratzenberger form ESB, I don't see what the fuss would be.

Satipo likes this.
  24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    People are actually buying into this tom cruise rumor? You mean the biggest movie star on the planet?

25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I know the 'perfect' role for him based on an EU character.

Tom Cruise... An arrogant crazy man who believes he's the most awesome man on the planet.

Kyp Durron... An arrogant crazy Jedi who believes he's the most power Jedi in the galaxy. See... Perfect match :p

Abadacus and Darth_Corvus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.