main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Two free runners in the same movie. May be a huge coincidence but we're seeing these and a lot of other athletic young actors cast and that includes our leads Daisy and John. I think we are going to see some serious badass action in this movie![face_dancing]

So women cast so far:
    Carrie, Daisy, Gwendoline, Lupita, Crystal, Christina.
    Very likely: Maisie.
    Maybes: Katie, Billie. Have I left anyone out?

To think only a few months ago we thought that there would hardly be any women in this movie. How things have changed in such a short time! :cool:

2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

I wonder if a coven in the SW galaxy will still total 13? If so, we probably have a few more ladies to be revealed.

TK327 and CairnsTony like this.
  3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone notice the Variety article on this says she joins Adam Driver, John Boyega, and Daisy Ridley. Does Variety have inside knowledge that those 3 make up the new trio?

4. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    thejeditraitor and TK327 like this.
  5. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    First Kira, now this, Christmas sure came early. The mystery boy cracked a bit. Time to grab what we can, then we will put things together. So Abu Dhabi AND Iceland. Can we assume that Belfast is another filming location?

6. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    So she was in Abu Dhabi. Parkour through he market place could be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CairnsTony likes this.
  7. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Looks like Ms Chong has been to Abu Dhabi and Iceland recently...

EDIT: beaten to it.

Also, according to Variety, it is a minor role.

8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I'm hesitant to assume every young female other than Daisy is playing a witch. Maybe the last three are something else? Maybe they are Ysanna and what we thought was Tatooine is really Ossus or something.

9. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    According to TheWrap she already completed filming.

markdeez, CairnsTony and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  10. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    If you look through her twitter posts, it looks like she was being trained in archery prior to both shoots. I think there's a good chance that Daisy will be a lead, but every other young woman cast is going to be a Nightsister.

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Looking over her Twitter, it looks like she was filming Halo in Iceland, Glasgow and Belfast from early June through early July. And Episode VII was before that in Abu Dhabi (in May). So she could just have a small role that was completed in Abu Dhabi, or she could come back and do some shooting at the studio in England.

Either way, the Iceland and Belfast stuff doesn't seem to have anything to do with Star Wars. Same with the picture of her in the make-up chair - that looks like it was for her Halo role as well.

thisguyisnotajedi and Dewback like this.
  12. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Way to ruin the fun.

13. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Lol
    New cast member announced.... More like person who already finished. :p

14. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Have a feeling she will be hunting both Daisy and Boyega in Tatooine, like a foot chase scene in the market.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Or chasing on speeders if the 'seen racing around the dunes' leak is to be believed.

vinsanity likes this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Hehe, I know how these two will get together. Boyega is hunting Daisy to capture her. They both crash on tatooine, right into the coven of witches. They of course are angered by this and plan to cook both of them. Daisy and Boyega reluctantly work together to escape the soup cauldron.

17. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Good point.

Django Fett likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    A coven of witches would look right at home in Puzzlewood, don't you think?

Ryus, Django Fett, CairnsTony and 2 others like this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Geez-the diversity keeps on going

as does the unGodly amount of people in this movie

20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    They're not all playing leads!;)

Even Andy has just confirmed that he only has a cameo in the movie. There will be more announcements of minor parts, you can be sure of it.

21. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I'm still holding to my theory that most, if not all, of these young-ish actors are going to be playing young Jedi. If there is an emerging Jedi order they are going to want actors with youth and athleticism.

For a whole host of reasons I don't think sith witches are going to be a big part of this film. But a portion of that is simply because I want to see a diverse and vibrant (though not massive and dominant) Jedi order whose members can be later expanded upon in books and comics.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think, actually, that we have a bunch of solider types or minor roles (politicians, handmaidens, passengers of ships, etc.).

If both Pip and Christina are acrobatic artists, then it's safe to say they are probably part of a group who is hunting and pursuing main characters. Think of those people in Iron Man 3 who had the virus and went after Stark when he was with the little kid. Also thik of some of the Death Eaters in HP like Greyback (RIP the actor), Yaxley (the police dude at the Ministry), or Scabior the Snatcher. Just throwing out names I know, but with all of these people cast in Ep7, some of them are bound to be these smaller roles that are prominent in one or two scenes.

In other words, it's easy to overstate how important all of these people may be. Even Serkis recently stated that he will be more of a cameo and certainly not a main character.

23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

True, but even smalle roles can have big impact. Or totally steal the show. Lupita got an oscar for ten minutes of screene time. And I think that cameo thing is misscommunication. He was at the script read. He will have a substantial role.

24. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    As has been said before, Dhruv Chanchani was at the script read for TPM and yet was in the movie for less than a minute.

I agree however that andy could give us say, ten sensational minutes or something. I'll take that happily!

25. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I claim sexism!!!!!!!! Too many women in EP7!!!

[​IMG]

;)

Claire1976 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.