main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    You doubt the word of Benedict Cumberbatch?! Prepare to battle his legion of fangirls.

Seriously, I have no problem with it if true. Pegg is a huge Star Wars fan, and I can only imagine what it would mean to him to actually be in an Episode. I'm sure it won't be anything more than a very small cameo--perhaps even a non speaking part or hidden inside a costume. Nothing that calls too much attention to itself.

Trebor Sabreon and starocean90 like this.
  2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1879133/benedict-cumberbatch-star-wars-simon-pegg/

I think that he was probably talking about Mission Impossible and Trek.

As for The Cumberbatch being in Star Wars...

I still hold out hope for The Cumberbatch to be part of this universe.

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'd love to see him in Star Wars.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Cameo only.....

5. Cramdaline

Cramdaline Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2014
    Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will be the new two headed announcer, in a cameo:

[​IMG]

6. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, and Star Trek certainly wasn't one of those things...

Abadacus likes this.
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah no thanks, not a fan.

8. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    If Simon does pop up in the movie, then honestly, it's most likeky only going to be a small cameo. He just wants to BE in the movie, so JJ probably made him "pilot #2" or something. I'd be very surprised if he had more than a few seconds screen time.

CairnsTony likes this.
  9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Ugh. Benedict Cumberbatch. I guess I'm in the minority, but he does absolutely *nothing* for me. I don't get his appeal at all. It feels like the late '90s again when everyone was into Russell Crowe and I was just sitting there like this: [face_plain]

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    At least Crowe is attractive. Cumberbatch is so fugly

11. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I'm with you Yanksfan, I don't see the appeal of Cumberbatch either. Feel like I'm missing something, but I just don't get it. And I seriously don't see how women go weak at the knees for him, I don't think he's good looking at all.

Sgt Crowfield and Yanksfan like this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    You don't think this is good looking.;)
    [​IMG]

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *cough*Terrence Stamp and Brian Blessed*cough*

14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I can't believe that I was too late to participate in the WWE/Sheamus thread! I want to run wild with this speculation!

[​IMG]

Yeah. Plagueis for sure.

15. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Nekoda Garrett

[[@NekodaGarrett: Filming with @carrieffisher today, Skellig Michael is so beautiful, I've had such an awesome day #StarWarsEpisodeVII ]]

Also...

http://twicsy.com/i/VjFqJe

16. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

Who is this Nekoda Garret?

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I saw you posted that over in the Carrie Fisher thread as well. That site is blocked on the servers here - what does it say, exactly? I'm genuinely curious.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    It says this.....

churchesfanclub: STAR WARS BREAKING NEWS! @NekodaGarrett IS THE NEW FACE OF STAR WARS MOVIES!!! THE NEW PRINCESS CONFIRMED
    Read more at http://twicsy.com/i/VjFqJe#2OI1uq01U5MerHZo.99

It also claims this...

_ladispoop: RT @HOLLYW00DREPORT: Breaking news! Star wars princess revealed! Lovechild of han solo and princess leia! Is @NekodaGarrett #StarWars http… - 2014-07-26 18:11:28
    Read more at http://twicsy.com/i/E7c36f#j8Exp0z6gOV17xOz.99

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    THE NEW FACE OF STAR WARS MOVIES!!! THE NEW PRINCESS CONFIRMED o_O

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah... I'm going to go ahead and not believe that one. At least until we get a slightly less shady source. ;)

Though, hey, maybe HanSolo29 's speculation is correct and they're filming Han's funeral today and so this random girl is playing a Solo kid and she is there and she just has a minor role. Weirder things have happened (like hands floating through space). :p

21. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    If anyone who knows how to post pics can click on that link and post the pic of her, that would be great. But something smells fishy about this...she's basically outed herself as playing Han and Leia's daughter, which sure as hell would cause JJ and co to blow a gasket if that were true, surely? I mean, with the NDA's you just don't go ahead and boast on Twitter who you are playing do you? There is also a pic of her with Harrison, but very conveniently you can't see her face....hmmmmm[face_thinking]

Edit...if any eagle eyed people can debunk that pic of "her" with Harrison, and prove it's someone else, please go ahead, because this is just very suspect to me.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome! Thanks!

And I agree, that does seem a bit shady...

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Good point. Most of the casting announcements have come from reputable sources and the only people with confirmed roles are those coming back from the OT. NDA's exist for a reason, mostly to protect the integrity of the production. It's one thing for us to infer Daisy is playing Han and Leia's daughter as this is speculation on our part, or even for Andy Serkis to infer he'll be doing mocap/CGI work given all the incredible CGI work he's done in his career. But to out yourself like this is a good way to find yourself on the unemployment line.

24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Them's fightin' words!

25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    *looks at new article about this new chick* Uh-huh SUUUUUUURe she's playing Han and Leia's daughter and the new face of star wars. It's not like oh IDK...they'd give her a formal announcement or be in the first casting reveal. No not at all. *sarcasm* :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.