main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
  2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    OKay, we know who have been cast and whom they are playing.

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Pretty soon, the laser beam will be visible...and colored in red or green. [face_skull]

4. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    For starters, she refused to divulge any of the airtight secrets that have come to characterize a J.J. Abrams production. And, despite being new to the game — she beat thousands of actresses to land Star Wars right of Oxford — Richardson-Sellers handled our gumshoeing like an old pro.

Does all of this feel new to you?
    It really does. I graduated from university last summer, where I was studying archeology and anthropology, so quite a different thing than acting. But, my parents are both actors and I’ve always wanted to act, so after school I started auditioning and that’s when I gotStar Wars. That was my first job and The Originals is my second job, so I’m still trying to find my feet.

That must be a strange sentence to say ‘My first acting job was Star Wars?’
    It is really strange, but it’s also fantastic. I’d always done theater, and his was my first screen experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to introduce me to the world of screen acting.

Did you always have aspirations for a career in Hollywood?
    No, I always thought I’d be acting on the stage in London. I never even considered this whole other world. When Star Wars happened, that’s when the horizon really expanded, and I thought for the first time that maybe this could be an international career.

How did Star Wars happen?
    I auditioned along with thousands of other people. I think it was a worldwide audition process, and it just took off from there, step by step. I’m not allowed to say a lot, unfortunately. But, I think the great thing about J.J. is that he really hunts for talent. It’s not just about the name or what you’ve done. If you look at a lot of the people he did end up casting, many of them haven’t done much before, and I think that’s really exciting — that he gives people that kind of opportunity.

What was your mindset like when you went out for the audition. Did you ever think you were going to get it?
    I didn’t think I was going to get it. I just thought "Let’s have fun, let’s play, and let me make the most of my time here." I tried to make it an enjoyable process instead of a terrifying one, and I think that’s how I approach every audition. It’s an opportunity to show people what I love to do, and if it works out, fantastic, and if not, at least it’s more experience.

How did you react when you got the phone call saying that you got the part?
    It was an incredible feeling; just to be able to know that I was going to work with such incredible people, and that I was going to have the opportunity to be a part of such an epic story that’s been going for so many years. It was just an honor for me to be a part of that.

How many auditions did you have to go through before you got the part?
    I’m not allowed to say that.

Exactly how shrouded in secrecy was the filming process?
    I had to sign many, many contracts. It’s very, very secret. But, everyone who’s working on it loves and respects the franchise so much, they all want to keep it a secret. We wanted to hold it tight, so it wasn’t hard for anyone. It wasn’t a forced thing; it’s our little child which we’re going to present to the world in a year.

How familiar were you with the Star Wars universe?
    I grew up watching them and I’ve always been fascinated about how they use the epic nature of the story — but also make it really personal. It has tender relationships, and it’s funny and quirky. I feel it’s really well-rounded and that’s why it’s so popular; it’s so accessible for so many generations and backgrounds. Even though it’s such a surreal story, it feels very true. All the relationships are very true. It breaks down the age old story of good versus evil in a very accessible manner.

Did the huge reaction to the trailer blow you away?
    It was amazing! It’s fantastic to see so many people still so engaged and so thrilled. It’s so nice to be a part of something that can bring so many people such excitement and such happiness.

Do you think you’re ready for what’s coming in a year?
    I can’t even imagine what it will be like — especially because this is my first experience. I’ve never been involved in the glitz and glamour of it, so I just plan on taking what comes and rolling with it.

http://www.justfashionnews.com/star-wars-maisie-richardson-sellers-knows-how-to-keep-a-secret/

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

That always used to creep me out really bad when I was a little kid....

Revanfan1, Granek and hippie1kenobi like this.
  8. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    She can keep a secret but the Internet can't. ;)

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So Maisie's a lock then.

Welcome your new group of padawans who will be Force sensitive runaways and will become the new Jedi Academy: Maisie, Pip, Crystal, Domhnall, Jessica and possibly Billie and Lupita (depending on Lupita's role) eventually led by Rey and Finn.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I hear Gary Busey and Nick Nolte are in episode 7, so my sources say and they are Playing Twin Jedi gone wild, apparently Nick Nolte is in A wheel Chair and they are working it in his character:p!!!

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  12. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Called it. :p

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    not really, good chance I'll retire soon.;)

TheBBP likes this.
  15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    You're finished. Darth Jar-Jar, take this fool out back and beat him senseless with a pillow. :D

TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  17. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    So it's pretty much guaranteed the action scenes are going to kick ass then.

Han Drolo, Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well thats nice I guess.

20. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    I wonder if their scenes will be hand to hand combat

21. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm Bounty Hunters maybe, could be force users or chrome troopers as well I suppose.

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    o_O
    I don't scour for anything, it only takes me a few seconds and I'm a multitask-er I always do 3-4 things all at the same time.;):p

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    you're quick

24. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    starocean90 likes this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
Thread Status: