main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Episode VII : Dawn of a New Era

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rush_Limbaugh, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush_Limbaugh

Rush_Limbaugh Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone!

Ok folks. Most likly if you're here, you're here because of the announcment of a new Choose your own Adventure on ScoobyDooku's E3 "choose". This will be a Choose your own adventure for the films that will never be made, Episodes VII-IX.

Heres what happens. I will give 3 options of alternate scinarios that could happen next in the story. We will take a vote on which one to choose. REMEMBER, what you vote on may have a barring on charaters from the OT! People might die, wiether it goes with the books or not!

Here we go...and may the force be with us and this thread...

EPISODE VII:

(episode 7 will be called.....)

1.) Episode VII: The Dawn of a New Era
    2.) Episode VII: Just the Begining
    3.) Episode VII: An Empire's Crumble

The voting begins now. If anyone has any questions they can PM me.

-Rush_Limbaugh

2. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I vote 1) ...

and characters can die ... question : you won't follow storylines from the books, but are you going to use characters from the books? I mean, like Corran Horn, Kyp Durron, Mara Jade?

3. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    While we are only on Episode 7, (because we're going to do all 3.) I'm afraid I can't say that I'v ever read the books.

If people would like certain charaters, then I have to say that they can PM me, tell me some about the characters, and then I'll see how I can work them in. This will be a group effort, because these are big projects to tackle.

I'll say this though, even though I don't know much about her, I'd like to get Mara Jade in there. She's probly the most well known character in the books that wasn't in the movies.

So long story short, if you want new characters, talk to me, I'd be glad for input here.

4. Luke_Groundtripper

Luke_Groundtripper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    So, uh, what's the timeline for this? 30 years after ANH? Or are we just getting rid of the EU all together?

I think it would be cool if we just said, "To hell with the EU!" but this script is gonna be awesome either way.

5. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Trash the EU (certainly if you don't know enough about it) except several personages who are too cool to trash :)

6. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Well I suppose we should take a vote on that also. Soon...soon.

7. GAThrawnIGF

GAThrawnIGF Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
    #2 sounds very unlikely, #3 sounds sorta like it continues from Episode 6, but, even though #1 is sorta long for a title, I'll go with it anyway...so...I pick #1

8. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
  9. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    The voting goes as follows...

1.) Dawn of a new Era : 3 Votes

2.) Just the Begining : 0 Votes

3.) An Empire's Crumble: 0 Votes

Keep coming folks. This thread has just barly started!

10. StitchExperiment626

StitchExperiment626 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    I pick 1.) Episode VII: The Dawn of a New Era :)

11. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    yeah, # 2 sounds a little cartoonish (like episode 2) gonna have to go with #1.

By the way, are you gonna have people help you write the script, or are you gonna write on your own?

12. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
  13. StitchExperiment626

StitchExperiment626 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
  14. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Well. You know, I'm working on all the technicalities about this thread. It's a new thing for me, and I'm thinking it probly will go well, but I will have to see about all that stuff about writers. I'm not sure that I will definatly have "writers" per-say. But will I have people that help and give me ideas on what can happen in the story and give me pointers on what to write??? Oh most definatly.

The thing about this is, is that I can write just about anything you ask me to. I can make stuff up sure, but I have trouble getting started sometimes. Such as right now. I can spit out some good stuff for the opening parts of this story, but what's going to happen in the story??? Like do I have a plan for this?? Of course not. I truly think that a true writer doesn't start out with a plan. This will be an adventure, (just like the title says) and I hope that it comes out well for my sake, and for your enjoyment!

So to answer your question, no. For the moment, no writers, but! In time, possibly soon, I might ask on people through a PM to help me out with a starter idea, or something close to a guideline for what might happen. Heck, I might do what Scooby did and put a call out for ideas, take my favorite 3, write my own version, and then give them to the voting public. Thanks folks who have been on and to those who are coming!

15. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    The vote is as follows....

1.) The Dawn of a New Era: 6 Votes

2.) Just the Begining: 0 Votes

3.) An Empire's Crumble: 0 Votes

Considering this is only just getting started, I think I'm going to keep this vote going till there are 13 votes. I'll take a re-vote later in the story, but we need to get started to get people in here and voting.

16. Darth_Elmo

Darth_Elmo Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
  17. QUI_GON_QUINN

QUI_GON_QUINN Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2003
    Excellent stuff Rush - something to pass the time awaiting the updates to the Ep3 script!!

I vote number 1 - it's quite a long title but it fits fairly well.

If you're needing a hand with anything then give me a shout and I'll see what I can do!

18. Kiin_Jasiin

Kiin_Jasiin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2002
    #3. Decaying things and crumbling empires are good. Or um, or something :cool:

Not on the list but I think would be cool...

The Order Reborn
    Balance of the Force
    The Master
    A New Threat (to echo A New Hope)

19. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Dawn of a new era defiently

20. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
  21. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    No.1 has my vote.

And i hope that your thread dose as good as scooby dookus.

22. Luke_Groundtripper

Luke_Groundtripper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Dawn of a New Era - 10 votes

Just The Beginning - 0 votes

An Empire's Crumble - 2 votes

It looks like we might have a victor...

23. Darth_Pooh_Bear

Darth_Pooh_Bear Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    It already looks like #1 is a winner, and I don't mind #1 at all, but I like #3 the best.

My vote is for #3

I can't wait to see some Han action! He was my favorite character in the OT.

24. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Well, theres 13 votes. Thanks to everyone who did vote.

1.)--------10 votes

2.)--------0 votes

3.)--------3 votes

"Episode 7: Dawn of a New Era"

I'll be on with the next vote soon...

25. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Ok everyone. This is our first non-story related vote. We all have to decide how long this movie takes place after ROTJ.

****REMEMBER****

I DO NOT follow the books. So how long you decide may determine who's up to what, ( for example, Han/Leia might not be married yet, ect.)

So, here are the choics. There will be more than 3 this time. MAX: 30 years...

1.) Immidiatly afterwards

2.) 5 years

3.) 10 years

4.) 15 years

5.) 20 years

6.) 25 years

7.) 30 years

Go ahead. This one I'll let go for a while, I'm kindof busy tonight, but I'll try to get on to update...

** A note: Thanks to all the people writing with support for my writing, and giving ideas! You're making this easier rigt off the bat!**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.