main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Death Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Feb 5, 2014.

?

Who do you think will die in Episode VII? (Multiple responses allowed.)

1. Luke

39.6%
  2. Leia

15.1%
  3. Han

56.6%
  4. Lando

7.5%
  5. Chewbacca

15.1%
  6. C3PO

1.9%
  7. R2 D2

3.8%
  8. Skywalker Offspring

5.7%
  9. Solo Offspring

13.2%
  10. Other (Explain who and why)

18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    It appears there is huge speculation with regards the passing of the torch between the OT and the ST. Many people are already speculating around the internet about which characters they think will sadly pass onto the Netherworlds in Episode VII.

Which characters do you think will be killed off in Episode VII? How do you think they'll go? And why do you think they'll get killed off?

I personally think we'll be in for a bit of a tear jerker, I think Han and Leia will die together alongside Chewbacca, in one last blaze of glory aboard the Falcon. I think we'll see Luke have one last epic revenge fulled stand against the main antagonist before becoming mortally wounded and out of the fight for the remainder of the Saga, serving as a mentor to the new main characters.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I chose Luke and Leia because I think it could go either way between them, but I'm currently leaning more towards Leia. That would give both Han and Luke a real emotional drive while allowing Luke to remain a more vital part of the narrative until his death at the end of the trilogy.

HegoDamask likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It all depends. I like several angles. The Leia angle is good, but I think there's more to explore in her if Luke dies. The Luke angle would be interesting, if he came back in VIII like Gandalf in FOTR and TTT. The first Jedi to come back in the flesh. I could dig that. If this is still Luke's story it might be interesting if it were one of the new young heroes (Skywalker/Solo) who dies. Luke's son or daughter. All three of these set up different dynamics in the characters and their relationship(s) with one another. It will be interesting to see which way they turn.

Ryus, Dra---, Circular Logic and 3 others like this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That... actually sounds more awesome than I expected it to. If handled well, it could be a very interesting new angle to... well, our entire understanding of the Force.

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It would also be the ultimate irony. The Sith, who are obsessed with conquering death, can't do so while their main enemy, the Jedi, can.

Yanksfan, Ryus, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ok so I have basicly two theories:

1. Han and Leia die together in some beautiful tragic scene *most likely having a "I love you. I know" exchange before they die* and Luke lives on but will have a smaller role
    2. Luke dies in the usual "Mentor dies to give hero motivation" way, and Han and Leia survive but have smaller roles in the sequels.

IMO either are likely.

LunarMoth, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I have to admit to not wanting to see any of the 'big 3' die... neither do I want to see Chewie climb the ghostly banana tree. However, I think they'll kill Han off at some point... mainly because Ford wanted it so much in ROTJ.

LunarMoth and Dra--- like this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This sounds good. Way better than Luke dying and staying dead. But at the same time there's not the "bring him back because he's too cool to die" cop-out, because either he was never really dead, or it serves the plot for him to be revived.

Ryus, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    OT characters ares a gonna die? Oh nos!

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Holy ****, Immortiss. Major wants for this plot. It would make sense too with how we've seen the Jedi ghosting evolve over the trilogies:

PT: body doesn't disappear but consciousness retained.
    OT: body disappears and ghost returns with visual form.
    ST: Jedi returns in the flesh.

12. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I'll go for Luke. A big statement for the new trilogy, a huge character to kill and you can keep him around as a force ghost. Best of all worlds.

Juke Skywalker and EviL_eLF like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    "I come back to you nowat the turn of the tide."

Like Gandalf the Grey transforming into Gandalf the White, Luke returns more powerful than even you, the audience, could possibly imagine.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Not to mention the irony of Yoda telling Luke he's not that strong in the force but never saying anything about Luke being so or not.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone will die. VIII and IX and all of the spin-offs will just be 2.5 hours of decaying ships floating around in space. You know. For future screensavers that the fanboys can use.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    it's han. he's basically just killing time doing star wars until his beloved indy 5 is ready to film

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't want it to happen, but the Jedi mentor dying in the opening film of the trilogy has thus far proven true. So, unless this is the first one not to do so, Luke will become one with the Force. I'd rather him not pass at all, or if it has to happen, in the last film.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While it will sadden me to see any of the Big Three bite it, I think Luke could be a likely candidate if someone must go. If he falls into the mentor role, I can see him sacrificing himself to motivate the next generation to fulfill their hero's journey.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Immortiss like this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We've had a lot of threads about character deaths in E7 already, especially related to the Big 3. But those are all in the Archive now, and while we could reactivate one or more of them, let's start fresh with this new one instead (which also has a poll).

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  20. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    I fully expect Han to go out in a blaze of glory, because that's what Harrison would want to have happen, and it fits the character. I'd like Luke to go out peacefully, like his mentors (Obi-Wan and Yoda). It'd be a fitting end for him to die in IX quietly, after seeing the new protagonists win. Leia needs to stick around, because it's her Republic now.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I voted Chewie because, while I think someone will die in VII, I don't think it will be any of the Big 3. Since VII is supposed to be their, "big send off," i don't think any of the 3 will die until at least ep VIII. To me, that would leave, Chewie, Lando, or some character that they spend the entire movie developing (like an Imperial struggling to unite the Republic and Empire and bring a new era in peace, only to get offed in the last 5 minutes of the movie).

After VII, I'm guessing Luke will die to allow the new hero to assume the role, and I'm hoping Han and Leia simply fly off together and live their remaining years off-screen. After all the crap they went through in the EU, they deserve a canon happy ending.

Yanksfan likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not convinced any of them will die. With the supposed shift in focus of the script to the Big 3 I'd say that leaves things more open ended at the moment.

ChildOfWinds, Trebor Sabreon and TKT like this.
  23. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I don't think they could get Harrison back on board unless his character dies. Remember he almost didn't come back for RotJ because Han lived.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That was 30 years ago. Why does everyone think that Harrison still feels exactly the way he felt 30 years ago? Maybe he only agreed to come back if his character was given a full arc in the trilogy.

25. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think some stormtroopers are going to die.

The Hellhammer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.