main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Episode VII FAQ/Spoiler Policy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mavjade , Oct 31, 2012.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Episode VII FAQ/Spoiler Policy

We are all excited about the announcement of Star Wars Episode VII and all want to discuss this news with our fellow fans, but let's remember some rules first to make sure everyone has fun and that you only know the things you want to know!

Currently the Spoiler Policy is under revision to include things such as Tweets and Facebook posts from actors/contributors etc., but below is an FAQ of things you need to know in the meantime.

As more information becomes available Spoilers and Non-Spoilers will become two separate forums, but for now they will be in the same forum with separate threads indicated by the prefixes: "Spoiler", "Official Info" and "Speculation".

General FAQ:

Where can I post spoilers?
    You may only post spoilers in threads that indicate spoilers are allowed. Threads will be indicated by the prefix 'Spoiler'.

What about using the Spoiler Tags?
    Spoiler tags do not work on tapatalk so someone using their phone may get inadvertently spoiled if you use them.

What is a Spoiler?
    Information that was 'leaked', that has been heard or seen from a source that is not officially released or based in rumor. A good rule of thumb is, if you think it might be, it probably is. If you have a question about it, please contact a mod and ask!

So a non-spoiler...?
    Is anything officially released. Info from starwars.com, anything said by a high ranking member of Disney/LFL. When the time come teasers, trailers, posters etc. are also not spoilers.

What about speculation?
    Of course! Feel free to speculate to your hearts content, just so long as your speculation stays in the appropriate thread/forum. If it has a spoiler keep it to Spoiler threads.

-polymath- likes this.
  2. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    Snape kills Dumbledore.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    [7SA] [7NSA]

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Darth Vader is Luke's father.

5. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's the plan, eventually. For now this forum should suffice.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The new trilogy will be about an evil giant many miles high muscular sheep trying to destroy Galactic City.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    Having spent hours in the 2SA & 3SA forums, cant wait for 7SA :D

9. KodaVonnor

KodaVonnor Jedi Knight

Jul 10, 2006
    Honestly, the way the media will be buzzing it's gonna be impossible for anyone to remain spoiler-free.

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    We have caves in Siberia reserved for just such a purpose.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'll have to rent one of those. I'm sure some people can attest to my rabid anti-spoiler stance.

12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Two hundred dollars for a reservation, fifty per day until release once you've officially occupied it.

13. Episodes 7-9

Episodes 7-9 Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I am all nostalgic right now. It was so much fun being an online Star Wars fan during the prequels. Can't believe we get to do it all again!

14. WraithSQDRN

WraithSQDRN Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2012
  15. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm curious how much Facebook is going to be a spoiler problem. I'm shooting for spoiler-free, but it is so much harder to control what you see now, as compared to 2005.

JediJovo2366 likes this.
  16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well you can control what you see from your friends. And it will probably be easy to tell which friends are going to spoil things for you that you can hide their stories from your news feed.

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I not so sure about this a I'm afraid of a wizards meets, comedy, meets snow white and the seven dwarfs, meets star wars zero action flick with horrible acting.
    To this I have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

18. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    It's not like Disney is going to transform Star Wars into a cartoon musical. Has nobody seen The Avengers around here?

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I've seen Avengers!

20. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Its important to note that people need to frequently check the MAIN page of theforce.net under the NEWS section for all/any official news. It saves a lot of confusion.

It has been stated that the ST will be a "completely original story" and be far enough away from George Lucas's Original Saga (the OS) for Disney to have the creative freedom they need to not contradict anything about the OS:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_Source_SW_Episode_VII_An_Original_Story_148665.asp

21. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    Disney owns Marvel. The more recent Marvel movies, to include Avengers, but not Spider-Man (which still falls under Sony) are by definition Disney movies. They didn't suffer from it and are still good to awesome.

Unrelated, how does this Jedi rank system work? Today's the first time I've been on here since the Apocalypse, and everything changed. I was a Youngling an hour ago and now I'm a Master (which I appreciate). PM me if necessary.

22. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001

TiniTinyTony and Lord_Axle like this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Will Pablo Hidalgo return with the Hyperspace webcam?

24. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Is Hyperspace as a club still around? [face_hypnotized] I haven't even heard about it for six years.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    LOL, no, but maybe it's coming back. :D