MOD Episode VII FAQ/Spoiler Policy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by mavjade, Oct 31, 2012.

1. lbr789 Jedi Master

star 1
    This is a walk in the park?
    I am afraid. I am very afraid. [face_hypnotized]
    Last edited by lbr789, Mar 12, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    I wonder what ever happened to David? :confused:
  3. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    I didn't mean to kill the thread, I really didn't. David was a troll I dealt with back in the old days. Hopefully, we wont have to deal with his type this time around, although I won't take any bets either way.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    For your edification: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/palpatine-sidious-its-so-obvious.245896/page-54

It took 63 pages and multiple bannings to resolve the fact that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person. This is after AOTC, mind you...
  5. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wait, what? Wasn't it clear after the the OT? An Emperor, who obviously has Dark side training, named Palpatine (not sure whether his name came from the films or the EU but even so...) and then in TPM, there's a Senator who is elevated to Chancellor by manipulating Anakin Skywalker's future wife/mother of his children and he says to little Anakin "we'll be watching your career with great interest" and people believed that these people were still separate?!
  6. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Is this for real? You mean Darth Sidious and the chancellor were one and the same? I'm astounded.
  7. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    And the debate goes on!
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    He was Qui Gon this whole time!
  9. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    I knew the name Palpatine somehow back in RotJ days. Was the figure called Emperor Palpatine (that is my recollection), or was it a book?

Now the name Darth Sidious, that was new (to me)
  10. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep the figure was called Emperor Palpatine. I was always remember it because (where I lived anyway) you couldn't buy it in the shops. You had to send of for it.
  11. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    Yup, that's how I got it too
  12. Darth_Quintonis Jedi Master

star 1
    From the "Star Wars: A New Hope", 1976 Novelization by George Lucas,

"Prologue -
    ... the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic ... Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor ..."

That could be where people remembered the name from, Lucas himself mentioned that the entire prequel trilogy was based on that two-page prologue from 1976.
  13. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    Aha - so it seems it was both the book (although I didn't read the novelization) and the figure
  14. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Regarding this Palpatine talk. I and many others were just sure Palpatine was Sidious, but never before TPM was there this double identity thing that would make people question it. Many felt there was more to it since that concept was presented, and the whole "clone" thing of the Clone Wars title hadn't been specified yet. It was fun unexpected detail of TPM to mull over and examine.

Anyway, flashback to the Prequel era. There was information trickling in obviously from people working behind the scenes, either from the visual effects departments or set builders or extras. Where are these people now? I prefer to be as spoiler-free as much as possible, but I'm surprised none of those people are whispering to sites like this, what with stuff supposedly in development.
    Last edited by Bobatron, Apr 7, 2013
  15. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    That's classic! Oh those poor, poor Cloners must have been so disappointed with ROTS. Hopefully we'll get some really crazy out there debates like that this time around. Oh wait... :p
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Oh, that thread was good, good times. That is a JCF classic right there.
  17. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    To be honest, I kind of miss those crazy theory days. Something was going on at least.
    I mean, yeah, we'll have all that again once we have something concrete to go all crazy theory about but until then...

...and yeah, can't fail to mention the infamous webcam thing, most useless waste of dial-up I ever did.
    Last edited by The Hellhammer, May 17, 2013
  18. Master-obiwan Force Ghost

star 1
    I remember that< It was great.

Remember the guy that was writing his own fan novel to ROTS that was actually pretty good?
  19. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    It was OK - he was spoiled to have a 'captive audience' in the 3sa forum thought.
  20. sethg Pulled Pork Sandwich/E7 Manager

Manager
    star 2
    i remember getting up super early in the morning to read his chapter updates. it was an amazing read at the time, but looking back on it -- why was that a thing?
  21. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I confess that I am getting extremely frustrated with the amount of star trek spoilers on this board. I had no plans to see it in the theater, but Ive already found out far too much about this film solely from reading star wars forums. I was going to wait for the DVD but I will go see it next weekend because these forums seem to be more about star trek than star wars lately.
  22. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    This. I won't even go into the J.J. Abrams thread right now.
  23. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Twice I have asked people in that thread to a) use spoiler tags and b) somehow relate their points to how the new Trek movie makes them think Abrams will do with Ep. VII. I'm gonna go take a look again.
    stormcloud8 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    In case you guys didn't see in the JJ Abrams thread, @Jedi Merkurian has taken care of the existing spoilers by adding spoiler tags, and we'll be deleting any new ones going forward. :cool:
  25. Master-obiwan Force Ghost

star 1
    How about the ones that thought sidious was thousands of years old.