main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII new storyline with nods to EU characters and resonances.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MovingPictures73, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MovingPictures73

MovingPictures73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    I have been a Star Wars fan since age four, and what original drew me into the saga was the resonance of the music score by John Williams. What I believe Episode VII needs is a consistency of resonance that drew us into the OT. My feeling about the spirit of Episode VII is going to nod in significant ways to the existing EU while taking creative liberties with a new story. Personally I suspect that Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver will be playing Jaina/ Jacen Solo respectively with recounting Jacen's fall to the darkside to become Darth Cadeus.

Another thought I have is somehow working an adapted recounting of the Thrawn Trilogy within the story arc of Episodes VII-IX. Max Von Sydow could play Jorus C'baoth and we could actually see Grand Admiral Thrawn characterized in the movies. To me that would retain the EU resonance while bringing a sense of inclusive progression in the movies. I see it in the manner John Williams will probably score the movie, he will retain resonate themes of the past while bringing in new themes of progression.

Abadacus likes this.
  2. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
  3. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I think its a great idea. There are such a breadth of storylines and character development, it would be really naive not to at least consider that material.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Wrong thread, Mod merge powers activate!

5. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Of course the demonology warlock will soon ascend on this thread, but be4 that happens: what do you really want? The music to nod at EU characters? Ermmm I'm not sure how that woudl work. Many memorable EU characters are novel only.

6. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dak Oolron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.