main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Release Date Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    "Here we go again...
    [​IMG]

2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm not buying any of this delay news until I hear it from Super Shadow!

Yancy

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It would take me literally about a minute to get used to Star Wars being released in December so I actually don't mind. But consider the source since it's Devin Farraci and he kind of has a habit of spreading malicious and negative and site-hit baiting anti-Star Wars and Abrams articles so I really doubt it. I mean, c'mon, that guy? Blah. Complete troll. Internet version of Armond White. Pass.

4. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    If this pans out, I think it's a very wise move. Why rush to hit such a crowded summer when they can give themselves the breathing space and own the xmas lot. So it doesn't get the traditional May slot, no biggie. Didn't harm Potter or Rings and It's be great to look forward to a SW movie at Christmas time.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    TFN Main is now linking to the Badass Digest story. He does claim to have insider info, so who knows. However, if it's just as reliable as the info about Abrams quitting...

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No Hobbit to deal with at least. Do it. Why not?

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    McWeeny writes that he hasn't been able to confirm the rumor.

8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the JJ rumours were based on truth - i.e., he has concerns over filming in the UK and about the release schedule. Just because they (thankfully) didn't pan out, doesn't mean there weren't legit rumblings some of the stories originated from, and I suspect this is a similar case. I think there are debates going on at Disney around the release. It would be crazy if there weren't - the post alone on this will be under tremendous pressure to hit May 2015 and with this one, they absolutely have to get it right.

9. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    but he heard it too.....

10. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Just like Steve Weintraub from Collider "heard" that Matthew Vaughn was in negotiations to direct. And if Disney is thinking of moving the movie to December, which I would actually agree with by the way, why the hell was the president of the Walt Disney Company giving the release date as summer 2015 just 2 weeks ago? I don't buy it and I think Devin needs new sources.

TheTwinSuns likes this.
  11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    True, but there's a legitimate difference between having an actual insider providing you with info, and outright manufacturing a report based on outside information. Currently, we don't know which one we're dealing with here.

12. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    How do you know Matthew Vaughn wasn't in discussion with LFL (or at least on their short list) at one point? By the same token, JJ wasn't directing SW.

Grimby - true.

13. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Hollywood Reporter, Variety and Deadline all reported that the only guy offered the job was Abrams with Ben Affleck as the runner up. No mention of Vaughn.

14. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    It's possible that there could be some tension between the Disney executives (who are really adamant about a Summer 2015 release) and the Lucasfilm side. Kathleen Kennedy (or even J.J. Abrams), for instance, might be asking for more time, say a December '15 or even Summer '16 date. In which case Alan Horn emphasizing Summer 2015 at D23 a week ago might have been a maneuver designed more for twisting the producers' arms instead of simply providing information for the press and public to consume. This is all pure speculation of course (and for the sake of smooth sailing for the franchise, I hope it's not true), but it would hardly be unprecedented. See Star Trek: The Motion Picture, for example.

FinleySlade and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

There shoulda been, dammit. His movies look real good, he'd be very well suited for a Star Wars flick.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Summer is in December in Australia (and the rest of the Southern Hemisphere) just sayin'....

17. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Hmmm.....
    No news at D23...
    Suddenly a change of release date....
    I sense a disturbance in the Force.
    I wonder what could be causing it.

I hope it has nothing to do with the story of Episode VII itself!

18. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it will be down to the schedule. They've had plenty time to crack the story. The schedule is the one obvious issue.

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I foresee quite a panic among our overreacting compatriots if Episode 7 gets delayed or the release gets pushed back.
    I have no problem with it and I have absolutely no feelings whatsoever about the "traditional" May release.
    Release it when it's ready and when it's the best movie it can be.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lack of real news breeds this kind of rumors.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Newbie huh and you came here just to tell us all that it's a hoax. I sense a mole... :p

Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  23. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    If it gets delayed for commercial reasons, couldn't care less.

If it gets delayed for production reasons, I'm all for it. Remember when Episode II almost got delayed? Well it didn't and it shows how rushed it came out:
    [​IMG]

24. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    So was every summer that a Harry Potter movie was released. When you're dealing with something on this scale of popularity, it doesn't matter. EVII will be the one movie every man, woman and child will want to see, nothing even comes close to that kind of appeal & interest. If they announced that it had already been filmed & just dumped it into theaters next week, it would break box office records. It doesn't matter when you release the most anticipated movie of all time.

25. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    That would require me being very smart and I can tell you. I'm not a very smart person. I have read post on the board for a while. Just never had the nerve to post. lol The reason my first post was on this issue is because it bugged me that people would continue to believe any thing from Bad Digest or whatever they called after they made up the JJ Abrams quit rumor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.