main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Release Date Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. But if you look at it the other way around, would Warcraft put out their film in December if they knew Star Wars was coming out that month? Probably not.

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Warcraft done well would be huge competition for EP7 ..... so would they release it Wed the 9th of December ? now that Joss Whedon has stated the he is going to make Avengers 2 better than Avengers they are now forecasting a $2 billion movie ! so the more I think about it how the hell can EP7 go in May ? ......

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    May 20th is far enough away.

4. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    May 29th at a stretch ..... like I said they are forecasting Avengers 2 to do $2 billion plus worldwide ..........

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I do think Disney would want a solid 30 day month between Ep 7 & Avengers, that last Avengers flick steamrolled right throughout May and they probably hope the same here.

6. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Devin has me blocked on Twitter for calling his site a funny name after the JJ Abrams rumor was debunked so fast. Could someone tweet him and ask him to explain how Ep7 is delayed to December with Warcraft out in December? He started the rumor after all...

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is how we grow. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Peter_Solo

Peter_Solo Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2013
    if the release date is as definite as people here seem to believe why hasnt it been announced yet

9. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Why hasn't anything been announced yet? Lucasfilm has a timetable they're working off of. They always do.

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Perhaps (maybe being optimistic) Disney is waiting until the right moment with enough time before Christmas to announce a lot of information about Ep VII so as to get fans psyched enough to go on a Star Wars shopping spree for the holiday season.

Maybe they want to push and clean out the old Star Wars inventory.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Universal is releasing TED 2 on June 26th, 2015.

There goes the June rumors.

Episode VII will be released May 20th, 2015.

12. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    What is TED?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So we're looking for a month that has no other movies released... mmmkay.

14. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    This is TED:

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I can't wait for Warcraft. Never played the game, but a fantasy epic directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) is just too good an opportunity to pass up. What I do find funny is that if Disney set's SW for December Warcraft will move straight away, probably to summer 2016. But yeah, places are now pretty hard to come by. All the most desirable dates are pretty much taken. Looking at 2015’s schedule, you have to say that late May now looks like the only viable option. If it’s still coming out in 2015, of course. :(

16. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Why WOULDN'T it come out in 2015? They have the exact same shooting schedule as Avengers 2.

Momotaros likes this.
  17. Peter_Solo

Sep 27, 2013
    Ted and Jurrassic park IV are both owned my the same studio (Universal) this move puts Ted within 2 weeks of jurassic park IV so i guess it no longer un heard of for disney to put avengers and star wars in the same month

18. Peter_Solo

Sep 27, 2013

how many times does disney have to confirm 2015?

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, you're right. But why the hold-up? There is no good reason why they shouldn't have issued the release date by now. By waiting for who-knows-what they've basically allowed all the main dates to be gobbled up. Of course, this actually shows incredible arrogance on Disney's part. They know full well that SW will win out no matter what date they choose. The other film will just move. More than likely it will end up being Warcraft.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Peter_Solo: Please use your Edit button to add to replies rather than stacking/doubling posts. Thanks and welcome to the forums.

21. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Just because you don't know the release date it doesn't mean they haven't set it and communicated it to other studios for planning purposes.

Momotaros likes this.
  22. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    With every other big player now taking up the 2015 slots "Except May" - it's now May 2015 for EP7 or May 2016 there is no other !...............

23. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    And Disney just reiterated 2015.

24. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    They're probably (hopefully) having endless, Congress-like, debates about whether to release it on May 20 or May 27.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Warcraft would be competition. It would ultimately be fruitless, though, as SW would wipe the floor with it. That's just the way it is. There are very few franchise films that would be able to go head-to-head with SW and still be left with their dignity intact. BTW, I can't wait for Warcraft. Basically, it would be competition in the sense that it’s the kind film going for the exact same audience as SW. That's always competition, no matter how fruitless it may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.