main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Episode VII - Speculaion (potential spoilers)

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Please do not view this thread if you are trying to remain spoiler free.

What rumors have you heard regarding storyline, characters, actors?

What do you want to see?

What are you most excited for?

2. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    On a personal level, Ep VII will be the first Star Ward film that I can see on opening day with my boys. Mindy was pregnant with Xander when ROTS opened.

3. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I'm most excited just to see where the SW universe will go from here. I WOULD like to see how Han and Leia's relationship grows (not just from the Timothy Zahn books).

4. EradicatorDan

EradicatorDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    If it is anything along the lines of Patton Oswald's Idea I'll see it.

quigonschuel likes this.
  5. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    While no castings or plot are confirmed, the best news I've heard so far is that Lawrence Kasdan is on board as writer. As he is
    a - a famous and noteable writer and script doctor
    and
    b - knows STAR WARS having written EMPIRE and JEDI

I'm content.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  6. Slee The Sloth

Slee The Sloth Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

Some of you may have already seen this. However I was wondering if more Star Wars fan clubs, groups might be used? Like the 501? But stop a moment and ask your self this, How many movies have a large, quality fan base to draw up op on for the next episode?

It was really cool to find out that 2 members from the astromech.net (R2 builders group) Have been chosen to make droids for the new episode of Star Wars. what a pat on the back for any Star Wars fan. Then to top it off, Lee and Oliver had helped me with questions I had while building my droid. So now I feel vary honored to have had advice from the guys and had a chance to participate in group discussions with them.

R2-D2 Is in Star Wars: Episode VII, and He’s Fan-Made!

The first behind-the-scenes photo from Star Wars: Episode VII hit Twitter last Thursday, featuring director J.J. Abrams, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and a certain blue and white astromech droid — who StarWars.com can now confirm will indeed be in the film. But who are the two men standing behind Artoo, looking very protective of the “overweight glob of grease”?

Meet Lee Towersey and Oliver Steeples, Star Wars fans and members of the worldwide R2-D2 Builders Club. They create fully functioning, film-accurate astromech droids like the R2-D2 seen in the photo, and they’re officially part of the creature effects team for Star Wars: Episode VII. They didn’t apply for their jobs, but still had what is probably the best reference one could hope for.

For more info -> http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/11/19/r2-d2-is-in-star-wars-episode-7-and-hes-fan-made/

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    It's not like we're not going to see it whatever they come up with, right?

EradicatorDan likes this.
  8. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I just read something the other day that said that the focus of Episode 7 will be on Luke, Han and Leia. I guess the next generation will have supportive roles in the first episode of the trilogy, but take center stage in the other 2 films.

9. Slee The Sloth

Sep 9, 2013
    They will share info once the movie comes out, but for now they are sworn to secrecy! They had to sign there life away saying they would not divulge any info before the release.

10. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
  11. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Prediction - Han, Luke, and Leia "buy the farm" in the opening (I give it) 15 minutes of the movie.

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  12. Slee The Sloth

Sep 9, 2013
    O I hope not! That would be like killing Star Wars!

13. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm glad that Ford, Hamill, and Fisher will be in Episode VII just like I was glad Nimoy was in Star Trek (2009); I hope that they essentially serve the same role - a bridge.

Consider that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader (even Boba Fett) make it through the Fall of the Republic/Rise of the Empire Era, but, while essentially central characters for those movies, in the Rebellion Era they take a back seat to Luke and Leia. While anything could happen given that the only elements of the Star Wars universe that are so are those seen in movies and TV, if they go with a theme of following the Skywalker family, one generation to the next, I'd like to think that VII-IX would continue with that and the focus would be on the next generation of the Skywalker family in the New Republic Era... or, even better for our club, the New Jedi Order Era. Luke and Leia would be there like Obi-Wan and Vader were but only as support to the main characters of the next generation. I think it should really focus on Han and Leia's and Luke and Mara's offspring.

BobbyFromBUF and Spice Smuggler like this.
  14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I hear the new villain has been cast. I wonder what he will look like. Personally, I hope to see a physical costume over a CGI version like all of the Clones.

15. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    I agree Chris. I actually have been re-watching Star Trek: Into Darkness over and over again lately to look at JJ Abrams' attention to detail. I bet he will go with some real costumes/makeup and less CGI. One of my favorite details that he included in the Star Trek films is how the light glares and creates refraction on the camera lens. If you ever get a chance pay attention to this during scenes filmed on the bridge. It really helps you think you are looking at something from "out of this world"...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

16. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    I read an interview somewhere with Harrison Ford. He mentioned that he always wanted Han to die. He felt it would be an appropriate conclusion for the character...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

17. Rock Nightshifter

Oct 27, 2013
    So excited!!! The cast has been confirmed. Go to StarWars.com! Looks like a great cast. Even brought back Kenny Baker!!!

Wild Sidewalker and BobbyFromBUF like this.
  18. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Didn't see billy Dee Williams but looks like they cast someone to be his son lol

19. Rock Nightshifter

Oct 27, 2013
    Maybe Lando's son? Billy Dee could have role in Episode 8 or mane has cameo in 7? Guess no Ewan McGregor either. I love that Andy Sirkis is in the mix. He can do so much.

20. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Andy Serkis is an incredible motion-capture actor; his casting suggests a cool CGI character... knowing his work, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up doing more than one CGI character. Anyone have any opinion of Adam Driver, the rumored villain? Also, have to say, I sincerely hope that the casting of John Boyega is NOT as the son of Lando Calrissian. I'd like to think there is more diversity in the Star Wars universe than Mace Windu, Jango Fett, and Lando. The casting of both Oscar Isaac (a Latino) and John Boyega is a great step in that direction. Perhaps we will get an Asian actor in the mix for Episode VIII :)

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Anyone feel like something new is leaked everyday since filming started?

22. Rock Nightshifter

Oct 27, 2013
    I wonder if they are fake leaks, just to throw people off. Wouldn't suprise me.

23. Ringo Starkiller

Ringo Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2014
    Heard from a little birdie that Han & la Principessa will be a couple no more.

24. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I just watched an interview with Kevin Smith, who had recently toured the sets in England with Abrams. The first thing he was exposed to was a fight scene in which he said everything was there, uniforms, weapons he hadn't seen since the old days, there were explosions, and everything was practical. He then got to see the falcon, inside and out. After all of this, he got to see some clips and rough takes and what not. Kevin's final words were along the lines of if you have any doubts in abrams, don't!

If disney is smart, they'll send the falcon to one of the parks!

25. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Or this...
    [​IMG]