main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII teaser trailer - it's here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthWilliams, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, and no, I didn't look at the hidden spoiler.

The Bops likes this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I get trying to be spoiler-free, but I don't think the trailer has many spoilers. If you haven't learned anything about the movie, then you probably want to steer clear of it, but most of it - with the exception of a villain figure, tells us next to nothing. The only thing I felt the trailer confirmed was a rumor I heard before leaving the SA forum. It's gonna be a long 383 days - I think you may be able to watch it and still go into the movie knowing next to nothing. My only hangup is the villain figure - I still do not know which character is being portrayed, but I felt that part of it was a minor spoiler, in that something happened I wasn't expecting. (Trying my best to explain without describing!)

3. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

Sounds exactly like MSD!

4. ManlyEwok

ManlyEwok Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2014
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Doesn't have the ever-so-subtle Swedish accent that von Sydow still haven't been able to lose. And his voice sounds, well, older.

EDIT: And, as has been pointed out by both ManlyEwok and myself, it's been confirmed that Andy Serkis provided the voice for the narration.

6. EternalHero

Feb 17, 2014
    TigerCraneFist Nope, unless is comes from Disney/Lucasfilm nothing has been "confirmed". Andy Serkis rumor comes from the same sources that were inaccurately describing the teaser trailer one week before it came out, lol. I guess we'll find out one day but it sounds precisely like MSD to me and a lot of other people.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Fair enough, I thought it was confirmed when ManlyEwok posted the second link (didn't read it, in case of potential spoilers).
    Still, I'd be very interested if you could provide an example of when von Sydow has sounded like this. I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I've just never heard him use his voice this way so I'm curious :)
    But there is the thing with the lack of a Swedish accent that I find to be the most telling. Being Swedish myself, I can easily pick it up, even if the actors speak almost flawless English. This voice over does not have so much as a hint of it, but von Sydow always does.

8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm not clicking that link, for that exact reason...it's not Official Info from Disney/Lucasfilm.

I've blocked the feeds of comicbook.com from my Facebook feed, and the stuff that I did see I never want to see again.

9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Man, watching that teaser has really awakened that fire. I remember being 10 and longing for the day Episode III came out; this is even more intense. X-wings, Millennium Falcon, TIE fighters, this is Star Wars all right! A new take, for certain, but I'm in love with what I saw. The cross guard was weird, but there's still a lot we don't know about what's to happen - might not even be a lightsaber.

TheYodaPagoda and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I just nerded out with a Trailer-a-thon. Episodes 1-7. Good fun!

bstnsx704, EternalHero and Seagoat like this.
  11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I just noticed that on the upper left (right from our pov) torso of his flightsuit, Oscar Isaac's character has something written in Aurabesh. Any fluent translators here?

[​IMG]

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    In another thread someone translated it as "pull to inflate"

13. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Fluent? No, but the characters are upside down. All I can get out of it is "putt" and on the second line "nft"
    Edited to add: The characters are written to be read from the pilot's perspective, not as an identification.
    Edited to add again...yeah, my alphabet thing kinda sucks...so it says 'pull' and I saw 'inflate'...yeah but still read from the pilot's perspective!

Seagoat likes this.
  14. EternalHero

Feb 17, 2014

LOL I did the same thing!

FRAGWAGON and bstnsx704 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't feel like I got any spoilers, but I already knew a bit about the cast. I don't know how you could avoid that if you peruse the Internet at all.

What I'll be interested in for future trailers is whether any major plot points are given away, as some trailers have done.

16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ahh, then it seems his flight suit can expand to a life vest. Wonder if we'll get to see that in action. Thanks for translating that!

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just watched the "George Lucas Special Edition trailer".

ROFLMAO ouch.

KeithyT likes this.
  18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

I did the same thing the day it came out. Put together a playlist on YouTube and everything. :D It was really, really interesting seeing the different identity that each trilogy (and, within the trilogies, each film) takes on.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    TEN? Oh man. This new generation of Star Wars fans is making me feel old. I always thought I was the youngin' because my first Star Wars episode was Jedi and I was still technically in high school when TPM came out (though I ditched my last study hall for finals my senior year to see it.)

20. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I wouldn't read too much into the lettering on Pilot's flight suit. It is likely there for the crew's benefit and humor.

P.S. I really hope Wedge is recast and we see him in that sweet-ass X-Wing hydroplaningish scene!!

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Once in awhile the question will pop up around here along the lines of "What did you think of the prequels when you were a kid?"

Erm.

22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Right? I remember the prequels being a distant fantasy when I was a kid. We read the novelization of Jedi to try and picture the battle between Ben and Anakin over the molten pit.

23. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    Big Bad Yoda Daddy I know exactly what minor rumour that you were talking about getting confirmed. It sounds like we left the SA at the same time.

About the trailer, though, I thought it was incredible. A true teaser. I thought the visuals were simply amazing- looks like this trilogy is going to blow the other two trilogies out of the water. The shot I was most impressed with was the shot of the x-wings going over the water.

Also I think those of you who are judging this trailer already based on it being an Abrams movie need to be a little more open minded to what a "Star Wars" movie is.

24. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

An 88 second teaser trailer for ONE film leaves you truly believing that the entire new sequel trilogy will blow all six previous Star Wars films out of the water?

88 seconds?

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Since he's talking about visuals, it's not really a big deal to assume such a thing. Visual and practical effects are constantly developed and I'd frankly be surprised if the new movies do not blow the previous episodes out of the water in that regard.
    And I agree; The visuals in the teaser are topnotch.

Revious Nugo likes this.