main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Episode VII: The Cast

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthPancho, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPancho

DarthPancho Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2013
    So, today I was watching the "Empire of Dreams" documentary, and watching a young Mark Hamill got me thinking... Who would be a good choice to play the original cast's children?

We all want the old cast back, but who would we want to play the new main characters? Or what about a villain?

Let's talk here about our cast predictions or desired actors for Episode VII. :)

I'll share mine later. Also, I'll try to keep this first post updated with official cast announcements, when they eventually come.

2. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hailee Steinfeld

3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm thinking/hoping the female protagonist is a bit older than that, mid-thirties and the male protagonist is in his late teens. That would align with the ages of Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker in 45 ABY. The girl from True Grit did great in that film and would be fine in a role in this film, I'm just hoping for the use of Ben and Jaina in the ST, which would not include Hailee Steinfeld.

Trebor Sabreon and ShabbaTheHutt like this.
  4. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    inb4 chloe moretz, joseph gordon-levitt, christina hendricks, summer glau, michael fassbender, ellen page and countless others who will inevitably get posted multiple times

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    George Takei, Johnn Depp, Adam Sandler, Jenifer Lopez, Angelina Jolee...

6. DarthPancho

DarthPancho Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2013
    Ah, Haileee is a really good actress. Though I do hope they go a bit older with the main cast, to be honest...

Ironic, since what got me thinking about the ST main cast in the first place was the fact that this guy would probably pass as Luke's son:

[​IMG]

Yes, that's Chord Overstreet and yes, he's from Glee. No, I don't actually want him on Episode VII, but I do think he resembles a young Mark Hamill.

And yes, casting him would fire up the Disney haters. [face_laugh]

anakin-the-chosen-one likes this.
  7. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    we don't have a thread for this?

Darth Chiznuk , KevinM1 and Echo-07 like this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    We have not only one but a zillion. This thread is due for a lockdown.

9. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    That guy from glee looks like he could pass as Luke's son, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him in anything.

At only a few years older I'd love to see Kate Beckinsale as Jaina in her mid 30s :)

Chloe Moretz gets my vote too, though if she played Allana aged 17 it would put us in the early 50s ABY with Ben being in his mid 20s. and Jaina her early 40s making the big three characters from the OT a fair bit older than their respective actors.

Ooooooh here's another suggestion ...

If Jacen/Caedus (in force ghost form what with him being dead and that) were to appear...

Michael Fassbender ftw !

10. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Eugh Chord Overstreet is sexy and cute but I don't think he can act much. He plays the dopey guy very well, not sure how he'd do in a serious role.

I'd love Kate Beckinsale in Star Wars. She's amazing in Underworld, hot, sexy, and does the dramatic thing really well.

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Liam Hemsworth must be cast as Ben Skywalker ! .......Chloe Moretz could play Allana as a 14yo pushing EP7 to 50ABY ....that means Luke Skywalker 68yo which isn't to much of a stretch for Mark Hamill......yeah Kate Beckinsale as Jaina ( why not )......

ShabbaTheHutt likes this.
  12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Called it.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.