main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Episode VII: Was Dark Empire on the right track?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, yes, we know that now. :p

2. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I've avoided most of the content of this thread because there's a lot of references to Mortis, and I'm just now watching TCW.

However I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I recently posted in the "Unpopular EU Opinions" thread that, though it doesn't jive well with the rest of the EU, I've always been partial to Dark Empire.

I used to think that the appearence of the Emperor Reborn undermined everything that was accomplished by our heroes in ROTJ. However, ROTS's allusion to Darth Plagueis's quest for immortality and all the PT clone stuff makes me think that (as this thread title suggests) Tom Veitch may have been on the right track after all.

I know the OP said he's not talking about the Emperor Reborn - I know that a lot of people would balk at the thought of it. I used to balk at the thought of it. But I'm starting to think it would bring a genuine thematic unity to all three trilogies. PT: Anakin's unhealthy attachment to/selfish love for Padme leads to his fall. OT: Luke's healthy attachment to/selfless love and comassion for his father redeems Anakin. ST: The healthiness of Luke's love/attachment to Leia (and her family?) is tested by the Emperor reborn.

Flame away.

Poli-Sci Jedi likes this.
  3. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Now I have this image of the Mane 6 using the Elements of Harmony on Abeloth.:D

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

"Yeah, that's me, taking the bull by the horns. It's how I handle business. It's a metaphor. But that actually happened, though."

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You need more Caine in your life, sir.

instantdeath likes this.