main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Episode VII

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    According to an IMDb post by owenomahony21, the cast will be:

Scott McClure as Luke Skywalker
    Billy Crudup as Han Solo
    Odette Annable as Leia Organa
    Chiwetel Ejiofor as Lando Calrissian
    Gary Oldman as "The Emperor"
    Doug Jones as See-threepio
    Derek Mears as Darth Vader (JEJ still as the voice)
    Sala Baker as Chewbacca

Where in the world did this come from? Such casting would fit with a JJ Abrams reboot ala Star Trek (2009), but what of all the talk of Harrison Ford unofficially signed on as well as talks with Hamill and Fisher? Do people want to see the original cast back, 35 years older and generally looking a lot worse for wear for the sake of some sort of vague visual continuity? Or why do fans seem to like the idea of the original cast coming back to reprise their roles?

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the original cast in some sort of capacity. Depending on the age era, the original cast can be seen in flashbacks but I don't necessarily want to see them in major roles throughout your film.

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    OMG!!!!! Please let this be a rumor!!!! All i want is to see a movie set some time after return of the jedi with hammil as luke ford as solo and fisher as liea and whats wrong with anthony daniles that he cant be voice of c3po? Introduce there offspring for new characters then only see them in cameo's in rest of movies.... or no ford since he wants a death scene for solo....if this is the cast ill be waiting till video to see it.....heck this is disney...watch them have c3po and r2 build offspring too lol

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  4. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Hahaha! I always knew See-Threepio and Artoo were a couple but I always imagined them adopting versus making a child together.

As to Disney-fication of Star Wars, I really don't see them having that heavy or degrading a hand in how the Star Wars universe is depicted. As far as I can tell, Disney taking over Marvel Entertainment didn't worsen their Marvel Cinematic Universe but may actually have improved it. Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers were all produced after Disney took over and I feel they were significantly better movies than what Marvel was producing prior.

As to bringing back Ford, Hamill, and Fisher, I agree that if they are continuing the saga it only makes sense. But, given their actual ages, I am hoping Episode VII is set in the Legacy Era and depicts the Second Galactic Civil War.

5. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    That's a false rumor.

6. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    About See-Threepio and Artoo?

7. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm sorry, but there is no way that is true. If the new trilogy is to begin with Episode VII, Vader and the Emperor cannot be in it. If it's a reboot, there is no way it can be called Episode VII. And really, a reboot? That would just be a foolish thing to do.

8. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
  9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Ugh. We won't know anything to be true until LucasArts announces plans and begins filming.

10. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    John Williams confirmed for ep.VII

11. CloneJelley

CloneJelley Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2011
    o_O I will NOT drink the kool-aid! LOL

72Princess likes this.
  12. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003