main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Episode VIII: Choose your own Adventure ( Prep)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rush_Limbaugh, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush_Limbaugh

Rush_Limbaugh Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone,

Ok folks. I've opened this up to allow all of the readers of Episode VII: Choose your own Adventure to give me suggestions about what you might want in the story, and or ideas.

I will ( when Episode VII is done), be doing this one differently. I am planning on taking on 1 co-writer, along with Qui-Gonn Quinn, who will alternate with me and him on writing sections.

Anyone intersted in being the co-writer may send me a 2 page section of any Star Wars writing, to show me how well you can write. Post it on this section wehn you are done.

Production of Episode VIII will begin in early August, and be done around December.

-Rush_Limbaugh

2. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Rush, hun, eight is VIII... I'd consider being a co-writer, but I can't be sure my schedule would allow it. I'll think about it and send in my writing if I can.

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I don't know that I could choose a title for VIII when I don't even know where VII will end. I'll wait on this one....

4. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Oops. I forgot to vote.... hehe
    #3 is the most Star Wars-esque
    and #2 is too similar to A New Hope
    sooo #3...

5. imright87

imright87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2003
    hey rush,
    i know youve got best intentions in mind, but its hard to vote for the title of a new story when we dont know the ending of its prequal. id suggest holding off voting untill after we're done with our current CYOA. but hey, im only one drop in the pond.

6. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
  7. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Rush, how about Enemies Revealed instaed of #1. I just think that sounds cooler. But right now I'll vote for #3. But I may change my vote.

8. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone,

I am very open to you all giving me suggestions, such as things you like from the last story that you want carried over, and such. Shoot off some ideas.

As for the qualifications of the co-writer spot, the 2 pages must be in Star Wars: C.Y.O.A style. I'll make the assignment of writing about..."Luke training several young padawans, much like Yoda. Ryth then bursts in with shocking news of...your choice." It could be a war, terrorist attacks, or anything else. Just write up the section for me, and post it here. I will take all the entries and decide who I want to have as my co-writers, and post those 3 for you to vote on.

-Rush_Limbaugh

9. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
  10. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone,

Ok, here is a vote that effects both Episode VII: Dawn of a New Era, and Episode VIII: Choose your own Adventure.

As of now, in Episode VII: Dawn of a New Era, there are 2 major threats to the galaxy. The former Empire, and the upcoming Vong. My plan has been that in the end of Episode VII, one of these powers will be destroyed for good. You don't have to have it that way, but I wanted to give the option. This is your chance to decide which it might be if one at all. What you choose will help me begin pre-production of Episode VIII.

1.) The Empire must go. Bring on the Vong.
    2.) The Vong must go. Bring on the Empire
    3.) Keep them both, I want a combined threat.

Voting is open. I will use this information to finish Episode VII, and begin production of Episode VIII.

-Rush_Limbaugh

11. imright87

May 30, 2003
    #3. vong are great, but thrawn is cool too. in the long run, the vong should stick it. but hows this: the vong become to powerful, and the empire and New Republic are forced to team up, or the empire and vong form a temporary alliance or something like that.

12. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    I vote #1, get rid of the empire. They're on their last leg, after the Death Star blew up, they were basically destroyed. The Vong should pose a greater threat to Republic now.

13. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    1.)-----1 Vote(s)
    2.)-----0 Vote(s)
    3.)-----1 Vote(s)

14. Han_Solo_01

Han_Solo_01 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2003
    #1. After Episode III, the Empire will have been in 4 movies. We need a new threat.

15. Tegarend

May 7, 2003
    It's not really #3, but I want both ... with the Rebels & the Imps working together against the Vong. Alas something like that only works with a Pellaeon character (maybe you could still introduce one, Rush? A war-tired imperial ... then, when Thrawn dies, the Imps join the rebels (with Mara either dying in VII or being alone with a small imperial cadre).

16. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    I hear a small outcry for a combined Republic and Empire threat to the Vong.

I won't take issue with this, but I have to ask, is this in true Star Wars fasion? Would George Lucas have these two powers combine? Now, I'll add this as an option, and you can change your vote.

1.) Empire must go.
    2.) Vong must go.
    3.) Keep them both as a double threat.
    4.) Keep them both, and Republic/Empire combine.

17. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
  18. imright87

May 30, 2003
    im kindof torn over this issue. on one hand, i want to keep the empire around, but on the other hand the vong are a good threat too. if we decide to have the vong stay as the predominant threat, there needs to be some main characters introduced on their side (the empire has thrawn and jade already) because they are mostly a no-name threat right now.

19. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Keep in mind, Toon has joined them, and I have introduced the Vong's leader too. Remember.

20. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    Also, I have plans for Mara, whether you kill the Empire or not.

21. Tegarend

May 7, 2003
    #1 ... Empire must go. I wish most of them to go, a small cadre to remain with Mara [but nothing worth the name Empire], and a couple [no troopers of course, since they're all clones] to defect & join the Alliance.

22. Rush_Limbaugh

Apr 4, 2003
    1.)-----2 Vote(s)
    2.)-----0 Vote(s)
    3.)-----0 Vote(s)
    4.)-----0 Vote(s)

23. imright87

May 30, 2003
    i vote #1, but my idea is the empire is stupid and attacks the vong, and in retaliation they go and wipe the empire out, then turn back to the New Republic. But keep Mara alive.

24. Darth_Pooh_Bear

Darth_Pooh_Bear Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    My first inclination was to have the what remained of the Empire stay, mainly because of the lack of character development with the Vong.
    You will need to develop some main characters with the Vong a lot more if this is going to work well. You have started with Toon but you really need to let us know the personality of the Vong leadership

I vote #1.

Keep it going Rush, the story is good.

25. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I don't care really as long as Thrwn lives. I was deprived and haven't read much EU I want to see what the big deal is about him. I would also like Luke or Leia (prefurably Luke) to go to Naboo to learn a little more about himself.Not sure how you could work it in but I think it would be cool, and if I never knew my mother and had a chance to learn about her I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.