main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VIII Production Announcement Video

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Also they have constructed sets for Skellig Michael at Pinewood which have or will be moved, and rumor has it that because of environmental reasons that though they have already shot twice at SM, they have a location on the Dingle peninsula, Here's is the reference from an older MSW article: here.

2. Black Leader

Black Leader Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016

is it sheer drop on both sides of the path ?
    I wonder if Ms Ridley had to do multiple takes walking up them ?

turnip white likes this.
  3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The clip shows the scene from the end of The Force Awakens.

Is it possible that Johnson shot TFA's ending? Or, at least, just that final moment of Rey handing the lightsaber to Luke?

Ricardo Funes, Gobi-1 and nightangel like this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Luke changed the weather to sunshine. First new force ability of Luke in VIII. [face_whistling]

I had this suspicion too, but others said it is for VIII. Maybe VIII starts with the same shot of TFA ending again, but from another perspective to continue? [face_dunno]

5. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    It's a reflection of the Kylo/Han Shot when the light is gone so is BEN.

Perhaps when the sun comes out, Luke and the light return. :)

Ricardo Funes and nightangel like this.
  6. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    See I thought that too, but couldn't find anything on it & just figured I was crazy but I could swear I read that before?

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Am I the only one who thought of a similar image when seeing that shot of Luke?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Father and son on the cusp of a major decision.

8. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    They were on Skellig 2 days after me and they did build up the sets at these places:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and regarding the filming, I had my problems getting up the whole stairs, but with all the euquipment, I would have been dead. [face_relieved]
    [​IMG]

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I like your new avatar. :)

Get ready for more Luke, folks!

Man, this clip has gotten me excited. Rian Johnson is filming a Star Wars movie.

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

He is not wearing a plaid shirt as far as I can tell.

11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

light_sabe_r likes this.
  12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The footage looks awesome!
    Perhaps it's an ancient Jedi training technique.

13. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I liked it, I'm excited. I think Lara is playing Luke's significant other. Also the time-gap quesiton is interesting. No Star Wars ever picked right up where the last left off. But I like those shots they were good. Rian may not have the hits but I like his creative style. He's going to have a hit after this for sure.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. Azpiri

Azpiri Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm not entirely sold that all of this is where the movie will pick up from. The look of it "just feels wrong" from when TFA ended. I didn't feel the same emotion from Rey's expression as she was handing over the light saber. And Luke looks stoic here, but very "dwarf like" (as someone said, more LotR rather than TFA) -- unlike in TFA where you can feel the tension of his decision that he has to make. I wonder if some of that was done ahead of time? After all, they cut away from Luke and Rey... and simply showing them celebrating performing a "take". Some of that could have been footage from TFA that got cut... and this far out? I wouldn't be surprised if this an early "misdirection" play. Still, it's exciting to know that they're filming... and I did like the approach on the island. I hope that gets put into the movie (though we did have a different approach shot in TFA -- so again, that could have been something from the cutting room floor).

I hope that makes sense.

15. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I've seen a bigger, better shot of this and it's not him.

nightangel likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So....how long till do you guys think it'll be till we start getting some legit insider news? I'm counting on MSW to satisfy our thirst for news.

PymParticles and nightangel like this.
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    True =D=^:)^

arjank likes this.
  18. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    From MSW...like...tomorrow, haha. Kidding! MSW probably already has some info that they've been sitting on just to make sure it's right. It probably won't be very long.

nightangel likes this.
  19. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Just seeing that shot of Luke makes me a hundred times more pumped for 8! I kinda forgot about rouge one lol

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, despite what it looked like there, I still think Episode VIII will pick up some time after VII. Rey will be half-trained (or nearly fully trained) by Luke when something interrupts them and forces them to abandon Rey's training and go on an adventure (Like ESB) IMO.

Ren will be pretty much fully trained by Snoke I'm assuming...

21. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Apart from the island shot, I don't think there's anything that might make Ep 8. Is Rey going to hold out the lightsabre again? Unless they've reshot the whole scene and it picks up from where Rey's got to the top of the steps, for continuity.

IMO, we'll start with Hux taking Kylo to Snoke after the crawl (giving us the mandatory starfield shot) then we'll head over to Skelling to pick up the conversation. There's too much left hanging after TFA to pick up weeks or months later.

22. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    That was one of the rumors and reasoning behind why they had stunt doubles up there.

23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I think Luke's expression has something to do with the death of Han that he felt through the force and that he feels responsible for it.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Considering that the spoilers just started to "leak" for TFA in the summer of 2014, I'd say it will be this summer. However, we really didn't get anything that ended up being true in the summer of 2014. Remember, the first thing we got that was supposedly legit was the floating lightsaber/Luke's hand. Now, that likely changed afterwards, but the lengthy post-production of Episode 8 means a LOT will change and they have even more time to re-shoot. I'd say we may start to get things in the summer, but more likely in the fall-at least stuff that ends up legit.

In actuality, we really didn't get truly legitimate spoilers until last February (one year ago), so we really do have a while UNLESS security is even more shoddy this time around.

But that shot of Luke is truly mesmerizing!!!

nightangel likes this.
  25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    With how little has leaked about Rogue One, I'd say Lucasfilm has tightened their security a bit. That said, they're going to have trouble keeping drones/cameras away from their location filming in March since it has leaked where and when they will be filming, so there's always the possibility of a few things coming out of that to fuel speculation.