main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    I noticed we didn't have a lit thread for this and we should be starting to hear concrete rumors and maybe even a few genuine leaks in the months ahead and we need some place to discuss it. Also serves as a good place to indulge in baseless speculation.

[face_party]

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks. I was going to make a thread at some point, but we'll go ahead and use this one as its here.

A reminder that this should be the ONLY thread where we discuss Episode VIII spoilers, and tags are required as directed in the thread title. Only official released info should be discussed without spoiler tags.

Thanks, all!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I edited the threat title to match more close our TFA discussion thread. Just because I'm a bit OCD like that. :p

Speaking of spoilers, lest anyone missed the confirmations this week on makingstarwars.net:

ACKBAR IS BACK for Episode VIII. Oh, Lando's co-pilot from ROTJ and some Wookiee too. :p

--Adm. Nick

TheRedBlade, Karl0413 and spicer like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Title speculation?

"Fury of the Republic"

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This movie needed more Poe. Oh wait. Too early.

So question: what do you guys think will be the new major threat? They've already done superweapon, so what's left? A show-down of sorts, like ROTS or ESB? They already did Rey & Finn vs Kylo, so... Luke vs Snoke? Luke vs Kylo doesn't seem like it has as much potential, if only because Kylo was beaten by relative novices in TFA.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Rey will be trained by Luke.

Ren will be trained by Snoke.

The origins of the Jedi will be relevant.

There will be some showdown between the two pairs.

Luke will either die or be possessed by Snoke.

Rey will either be captured or truly be left feeling all alone.

Kylo will betray Snoke... whether it's to become the master, or he's an inside agent like Ulic/Cade/DE-Luke/etc., remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Poe and Finn will go on an adventure with the Resistance. Probably visiting a First Order world, where we see how everyone is brainwashed from youth, even the civilians. Phasma will be hunting for Finn.

Leia is elected Chancellor of the newly-elected Senate. But she needs the supports of the planets to rebuild the military from their planetary forces. The new capital is Naboo, which looks quite different and worn.

Hux is captured by Leia and interrogated.

Benicio Del Toro plays a new First Order admiral, who's leading a successful invasion of Republic space while it's in chaos.

7. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    THE REPUBLIC STRIKES BACK

--Adm. Nick

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    THE REPUBLIC DESTROYED

DEATH OF ACKBAR

WATCH NICK CRY

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kylo Ren and Rey train all movie for a climatic fight. Basically just an hour and a half version of the training montage from Rocky IV.

Same music and everything. Rey will holler "KYLOOOOOOOOO!!" from the mountain top too.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Despite my aforementioned Anglophile tendencies and being an ardent supporter of the US/UK Special Relationship...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh my god, those "Jedi steps" it's perfect!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Sorry if I jumped the gun a little. :)

I am schooled in the great art of pseudo-precognition, I can see the future! Peering into this crystal screen, with the aid of my assistant Jack Daniels, I can see the future Episode VIII soundtrack titles. Track 10 is entitled Ackbar Sushi. [face_whistling]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You're really gonna start off our shiny new thread by misusing the word "confirmation"? o_O

15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

The Admiral loves
    Ackbar
    . You know who I'm happy to see with my avatar :D

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  16. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    So apparently

there is a rumor going around that Ewan McGregor could be playing Force Ghost Obi-Wan in Episode VIII.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I'm with you in that the primary threat of Episode VIII will likely be Force-based rather than techno-Empire-based, ie the Knights of Ren. The First Order will be licking their wounds in the Unknown Regions, allowing Kylo's Knights to take center-stage as the main baddies. Rey knows more about the Force now and faces a major test, as Kylo's focus is sharper than it was after being shot by Chewie.

Also, let's get Wedge in this movie. Offer him a role with some substance that he won't find boring, dammit! Have him lead a fleet into the Unknown Regions to find Snoke or something. Poe heads up the fleet's starfighter complement. Finn goes with him and also Rey ends up there in the climax and Finn rushes to help her or something... I dunno. I'm typing out loud here.

18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It's interesting to hear the recent stories of how close we apparently got to Yoda and/or Anakin appearing as Force Ghosts in TFA. Personally I'd love if they reused the TFA concept art of the Anakin/Vader combination ghost appearing in 8.

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm guessing
    that Benecio Del Toro's (unconfirmed) part in the film will be another Knight of Ren, who will take over Kylo Ren as the leader of the knights of Ren, since Kylo will no longer be considered worthy after his defeat at the end of TFA, thus starting some sort of rivalry between the two knights.

20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

I'll make sure to tag you when the confirmation is official. [:D]

--Adm. Nick

21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    "Unofficial confirmation" is an oxymoron. :p

23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Wow, that's such a leap. It's not like he already had a cameo in TFA, or anything. :p

Karl0413 and Ghost like this.
  24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Star Wars movie number 8, yeehaw!

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013