main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Assuming he isn't the one to cause Operation Cinder in the first place by using Gallius Rax as his agent (I note discrepancies in the timeline of Rax's flashbacks in Aftermath trilogy as evidence).

2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Given that we know that Sidious sensed a dark presence in the Unknown Regions, maybe Snoke influenced Palpatine to create Operation: Cinder. I think there was an implication that Snoke was already trying to influence Ben when he was a young child. It would be ironic if the puppet master of the Clone Wars (Palpatine) ended up being nothing more than a puppet himself.

3. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    I will not watch this movie in a movie theater. I don't like the direction they are taking. Unless SW suddenly gets better at some point (which I'm sure it won't with the likes of Kennedy at the helm and Disney controlling her), my interest in the Universe will slowly (or fast) fade away. I've been out of touch with the new canon and I can barely understand, what you, guys, are talking about.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  5. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm convinced. Definitely not seeing TLJ anymore.

/s

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    just spoiler from Andy Serkis interview
    Considering Andy Serkis says Snoke has unlimited resources, realistically Snoke had to be building this up for a long time--including in the decades when Luke was building a Jedi order. It DOES seem odd that Luke didn't fast-track his Jedi sooner into a combat ready status, and coordinate with the Republic/Resistance on doing something.

However, is Luke afraid of precisely that? Starting Clone Wars 2.0 where he rushes Jedi into combat, Snoke rushes his forces into combat, and it all goes wrong? Is that why he's hiding and made his Jedi (before they died) more like monks instead of soldiers presumably? A lot of people wonder what would happen if the Jedi during the Clone Wars didn't play the "game" so to speak--sat out the Clone Wars because it was obviously all a trap by the Dark Side. Well, we're basically seeing that happen here. And it still goes wrong.

The Jedi lose whether they get pushed into combat or not. Kobayashi Maru. :(

7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Why ?

8. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Just being sarcastic about the guy a couple comments before me.

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I can’t believe it’s december already.

Senator Wan and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Feels like 2017 just started.

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If that happens, well, it'd probably break the internet. Such would be the outrage.

Really? Everyone pretty much hated 2016, then its little brother came along and went: Hold my beer!

my kind of scum and Nom von Anor like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    2016 dragged on and on (probably looked fast in hindsight but slow while going through it) and was so depressing. This year went by fast.

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    But man it sure did cram in a lot.

14. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Chinese Trailer has some first images of Canto Bight and some new battle scenes.

Revanfan1, Kylun and Gamiel like this.
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I was just thinking--Back in the day there was all this hype over what Boba Fett or Vader looked like under their masks, but there is no such hype for Phasma? I guess everyone assumes she looks like Gwendoline Christie, but if so didn't everyone also just assume Boba looked like Jeremy Bulloch or Vader looked like David Prowse? How come it seems there is more mystique for Boba and Vader's true faces but not for Phasma's?

Phasma: Finn, help me take this mask off.
    Finn: What should I expect to see if I do?
    (cue cliffhanger, and in Ep. 9 we will see that Phasma is really Mon Mothma. Or Sabine Wren. Or Mara Jade. :p )

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    With Vader it's always been clear he was on life support and had suffered grievous injuries. Couldn't tell you with Boba Fett, though there were early stories that mentioned he was scarred under there.

fett 4 likes this.
  17. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Vader and Fett had different voices than the person behind their masks, added mystery. Not so with Phasma.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I still think Temuera Morrison calling the First Order on Han in Maz's castle in TFA instead of whoever it was would have been the perfect cameo.

19. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, on the one hand, I'd say that the interest in those characters grew organically, rather than the hype-from-above with Phasma. But also, the illustration of Phasma's brother clearly looks like a male Gwendolyn Christie, so it doesn't seem like they're trying to make her radically different from her actress.

Gamiel likes this.
  20. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    And have Garindan alerting the Resistance!

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Mark Hamill reveals his rejected backstory for Luke in the Sequel Trilogy, which he wanted to show the dangers of gun violence
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/mark-hamill-made-up-an-absurdly-grim-backstory-for-luke-1821009826/amp

22. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Poe comic has that old guy from The Force Awaken talk about how the Jedi And Sith aren't so different and could work together.

Makes me think they might go for a "There is no dark side" moment in this movie.

I'd be out at that point.

23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    So I started avoiding the spoiler forum for TLJ about 3 days ago. Figured since there was so little we knew this close to the movie, I ought to try going into a SW film without being completely spoiled for once. I'm feeling like an addict needing a fix right now, though. lol. I've been completely spoiled for every one of these films since ROTJ and I don't know if I know how to be unspoiled when it comes to STar Wars.

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Just give in. It's natural.

my kind of scum likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    o_O