main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VIII Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (Including Force Friday Discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am an example,. I bought loads of Hasbro Black Series, but there is a wait for the face printing tech they showcased. So many like myself are waiting up.

And also there is a limit to how many Stormtrooper variations one can buy....

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Wow, they cant even get the scheduled products to shelves? I guess the chances of seeing fan favorite characters is becoming more slim.

4. SOLARISENSHI

SOLARISENSHI Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2015
    I actually managed to get my hand on the Disney parks exclusive kylo ren crossguard saber

5. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I would like to see Ben Solo's blue lightsaber made. But it won't be. Not with the pathetic place of the toys/merchandise right now.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have yet to ever buy a Star Wars action figure. It looks like that tradition will continue with this movie.

7. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Still waiting for a Crait Luke. Hopefully sometime this year.

whostheBossk, yanote and nightangel like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will buy this in every available shape and size. Especially if it is a 2x scale statue which I have no choice but to leave in front of the house on the lawn.

Revanfan1, TK327, Jaxxon- and 2 others like this.
  9. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    I want evil Luke from Kylo's memory.

we will likely get a "Jedi Academy Luke" and i will have to add the crazy eyes.

10. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    'tis in this set that you'll get your Crait Luke...

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2...st-jedi-multipack-listed-entertainment-earth/
    "UPDATE: JTA sponsor Dorkside Toys contacted us to let us know this set has a name: Battle On Crait. I guess we can easily figure out who the included figures will be!"

And ( you have to read between the lines here, but this is an unofficial confirmation ) a 6 inch Black Series Jedi Exile Luke.
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018-01-17-wouldnt-luke-skywalker-jedi-exile-6-line-grand/

Ricardo Funes and nightangel like this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yep, the only toy I will still buy and collect.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Jaxxon- likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It helps that he looked absolutely incredible in that scene. I will have no issue wallpapering entire rooms of my house with numerous duplicates of that figure.

Revanfan1, Jaxxon- and nightangel like this.
  13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Ok, dark brown. Regardless, it isn't a color that Luke or Mark have ever had.

14. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Since your knowledge of Star Wars is far greater than that of mine, do you think will ever end up getting a high end statue and basic figures of Crait Luke? Nothing would make me more happier to be honest with you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I've already designated money aside for such swag. Counting the days.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/luketh...-toys-selling-as-well-this-year/#18fa66b54e5a

nightangel likes this.
  18. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Toy sales are up when a new line is released. At this point, there are only so many stormtroopers and different versions of the same characters that one may want to buy.

I have already 5 or 6 versions of Rey. Do I need to hurry to buy another one, just because she has darker clothes in TLJ? Or yet another Kylo, this time with shorter clothes?

We know these toys will be selling for a long time, and Hasbro will increase the quality by adding face printing technology. So, unless we are talking about collectors, people just are satisfied having ONE version of their favorite new characters.

We have to take this into account.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    That never stopped the previous 85 versions of Luke, Vader, Han, Leia, etc. from selling. There were also brand new characters and vehicles in TLJ line.

Collector's? Really? When I was a kid I wasn't satisfied with 1 version. I'd like to see evidence of your assertion so I can take it into account.

20. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Oh yes, for sure, they will keep releasing new versions, but the volumes will be lower.

Personally speaking, and I guess many here would feel the same, I bought so many TFA stuff, that now I don't see the need to buy too many new things from TLJ, except the new bomber, the Crait speeder, a standard Jedi Robe Luke, a levitating Luke if it is released, Snoke, Rose and Leia... and that's it.

I bought t-shirts, mugs, etc, but not so many new toys.

21. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Market fatigue is the real reason. We're seeing huge product launches happen every 12 months instead of every 36 months. Hasbro, during the PT years, as a case in point, used to be able to rest the SW range by offering a reduced, collector focused range, with much smaller productions runs for each of the two years following a movie release. That isn't happening now. It's an interesting problem for Disney's consumer products people. IMO, they'd be better pulling back from the huge annual launches, or at least limiting the range and volume of product launched at any one time.

Satipo and TK327 like this.
  22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Star Wars can only go up so much before fatigue kicks in.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  23. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Can I ask my fellow SW collectors a question?

What are the chances we will ever get a Crait Luke Hot Toys?

I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Thank you.

24. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    100% if they are consistent, but it may take a while (one year even)

Darth Gummybear and Jaxxon- like this.
  25. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    The wait is fine but as long as it happens. You seem quite confident. I need to be positive.