main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Episode X: Requiem for the Universe

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Charlemagne19, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicholasFrey

NicholasFrey Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Two Years later

The wedding had been a fairly simple one aboard the Freedom after the departure of Rei and James Brody from their lives, they had both felt their lives better seperated as Ryan only began to realize how much James had really cared for her. He occasionally got impressions of what they did and always knew Rei's general state even as he knew they were fighting in their own way against the enemy. Sakura he was surprised to find soon found herself as the President of the Ruling Council as their marriage was occasionally interrupted by her need to lead the factions and also try and manage the dwindling resources that haunted the world.

C-3PO had become another member of the Ruling Council as he had become something of an odd father figure to Ryan, constantly giving him advice that was wise as well as occasionally completely inappropriate. R2 remained at Ryan's side always and saved his life constantly as Ryan was asked by Junpei to be the first of the Rakatan starfighter pilots even as Sakura wished him to be his bodyguard while the New Jedi Order wished him to impart his incredible wisdom of the Old Ways onto the Ossus Academy where over a million students were often being taught along with dozens of other academies that sprung up constantly as Force Traditions gave their entirety and hundreds of holocrons were found seemingly overnight.

He had not been visited by Anakin's ghost though as Vic Shatterstar remained nevertheless his faithful friend and companion.

So he found himself in the makeshift temple aboard the Freedom, contemplating on what path to take. He could be used very effectively in any area and that's what made this decision difficult and it would take careful consideration.

He sat by the fountain that he and Rei had sat by two years ago. 'What should I do? Sakura needs a good bodyguard, the Freedom needs a good pilot, and the Academy needs a good teacher.' he thought.

He dipped his fingers in the crystal blue water. 'Well, maybe teaching is out, I'm not a teacher.' he continued to think. 'And here I thought with age, I wouldn't be so indecisive.'

He'd actually juggled the three for two and a half years and had been nearly exhausted by the experience as he'd led some of the most dangerous missions into the territory of the Dark Messengers, thwarted seven attempts on Sakura's life personally of the hundreds that had been stopped well before ever reaching her, and given some of his general ideas to the many hopeful individuals who wanted to become Jedi Knights but barely had any stories really of their heroism

He was stunned to find though that in many worlds, Abraxas was still worshipped and he was hated while on others, he was revered as a near God (or blatantly one as quite a few believe him the embodiment of him). It wasn't possible though with the structure of the military, government, and Academy almost completely solidified though

"I can't keep doing all three, I'm going to slip somewhere and it will cost lives.' he thought as he let out a sigh and continued to make ripples in the water with his hand. He was enjoying just having a moment to himself, well as close as he could, Rei was always present in his mind, a impression of her that could be anywhere from a whisper to a yell.

'Maybe I can see where I'd be most effective, where they need me most and chose that?' he wondered to himself.

He knew Rei and James had become lovers even as Sakura was very uncomfortable with his connection to them. He could understand her reaction by his own feelings when he knew they had been...Jedi were supposed to be above jealousy

He watched his visage be distorted in the water. 'That's how I feel right now, I don't feel like I'm going in one direction, towards a goal, I'm being pulled in several directions and it's not helping anyone.' he pulled his hand out of the water and turned to stand up from the fountain, so he could do some saber practice, he had been learning some of the other styles, though he hadn't progressed much, since

2. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Ossus Towers

While she had certainly matured in the past years, Ghent was still surprised by the wisdom and thoughtfulness of what Sakura had told him that day. After finishing up the more menial tasks which had brought him to the other side of Ossus, Ghent took some time to himself.

He had automatically assumed that, as a Force-user, he would know better than others what the Orders needed. This assumption reminded him of what Sakura had said about the Jedi's belief in their own infallability. Force users certainly were not perfect beings. If history was to teach them anything, then Ghent should have seen how whenever overconfidence began to pervade a Force Order, it was certain to take a hard fall soon after. If the Orders of the Force were to survive, they could not be exclusive institutions, no more than they could turn over control of the Jedi and Fodai to non-Force users. Ghent's great plan had originally involved preserving the independence of the Orders, and keeping them free of government control. They would trade their services to the authorities in exchange for goods and whatever assistance would be needed. Already, Ghent saw that this would lead down the paths which the Ancient Jedi Order and Skywalker's Order took: paths which ultimately lead to overconfidence, weakness, and ruin.

The Orders could not be cloistered and free of government interference no more than it could be a branch of the military. The Force-trained would need real-world interaction and real-world experience which they could not learn in a temple environment. A plan began to form in Ghent's mind. The Orders would take a course different from any attempted before. The Members would be more involved in the affairs of non-Members and have more interaction with the untrained, but the leadership of the Orders would need to be more independent of the government, more direct in their decisions, and keep a closer grasp on their students.

Several hours later, Ghent caught up with Sakura again.

"Hi there. Just the princess I was looking for. I've thought about what you said earlier, and it left me with some ideas. If you could take over my place on the Temple Council, then it would certainly help; that's only if you have the time. I can only imagine how buisy you are."

"Gee, you sure talk a lot. You didn't even let me say hello."

"So sorry about that. Anyway, what I was thinking..."

"Are you always like this? I'll help in any way that I can, but only if you take it easy for a change. I get enough of the drama from my husband."

"Jedi Darkholm? Is something going on between you two?"

"Oh come off it. I just meant that...never mind. What was your idea?"

Ghent rubbed his hands together, "I'm sure that you'll love it. Since the military needs more Force-users, and since the apprentices can't be expected to become well-rounded Force-users if they only have classroom training at the temple, I was thinking that we could set up a rotational training program that places the more aggressive masters and knights into military units, then cycles the more advanced students and apprentices between the temple and the masters who are assisting with the war effort directly. That way, the students will recieve first-hand training in more stressful situations...we wouldn't put them in combat, of course, but they would still get a chance to assist in logistical areas and see that it is possible for Force Users to go through war and destruction and still keep from falling completely to the dark side. When one group cycles back from the field, another would take their place, and those that came back would assist the teachers and share the wisdom and experiences that they have acquired with the other students. That would help to make up for the loss of the teachers at the temple who go to assist the military with the war."

"Okay." Sakura replied, her voice neutral.

"Well, what do you think?"

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

Ghent thought that that was a positive response to his idea. "Wel

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: I'm sorry to say this, but I must back-out of this game. I'm just too busy right now and RL is taking a sharp turn upwards in the busy department with the Volunteer Fire Department and all.

I'm really sad to back out of this game. I really wanted to finish it, be the one of the three, Antar, Greyjedi, and Bravo, to finish the series. I still remember when Charle came along shortly after that, with his long posts and excellent story-lines...that's what got the first game and series rolling. But, with all things, life moves on. :)

Charle knows the rest of Jim Palso's character plot (pretty much) and can play Jim Palso as much as he wishes...Charle, keep Palso looking good for me! ;)

Anyways, I'm really sorry yet again. I know Charle has great plans for this game, don't worry folks. If I know Charle, which I do (trust me :p ), he'll have more then a few tricks up his sleeve and plot twists.

Charle, send me a PM, please? Sorry buddy.

-Jason
    Volunteer Fire Fighter (94% of the United States of America is composed of Volunteer Fire Fighters by the way ;) )

4. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
  5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: My apologies, I've just been preparing for school.

The game shall resume as soon as I edit this post.

6. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    ooc: See ya Bravo...happy trails mate! :) :(

I'll leave my post until after yours then Charle

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: Yes, basically this thread will be ending within the next couple of weeks I'm afraid but it will be an end the like of which few have ever known!

I also recommend to 7-7-7 the "Broken Galaxy" thread where alot of us have moved. I'd be happy to explain the basics of it to him if he desires. I'm also recruiting NicholasFrey.

IC:

Freya's Mind

Abraxas dusted off his shoes as he looked to her.

"My dear, you are always so insufferably dramatic about these things. Do you think I would have placed my neural clone in your brain if I wanted to spend all my time using the threat of all these unpleasant souls crashing down onto your skull? I could have uploaded myself into any number of other individuals upon my death if that was what I wanted....they'd also give me far less trouble."

The figure wore a white suit and sunglasses with a scarf, like he was going on a trip to the beach. Apparently, his death had restored some aspects of the traitorous spirit of Thomas Duvalle...a figure who had suffered very similiarly to you.

He sighs "I thought Freya, you of all people, would understand what I was trying to accomplish here. You murdered the entire population of Yavin IV for the greater good of becoming a god. I made you immortal and more powerful than you could have ever been normally and you would have eventually been taken along with me."

He shook his head "In any case, my enemies are on the move and I am sick and tired of these penny-ante games. You are clearly unworthy of what I've tried to bestow upon you so many times and you're practically a broken record now with your behavior. Therefore, I'll motivate you in the best way I can. Set our course for Ossus and kill the ones who killed me or simply stab your blade into the chest of the one called Ghent and I will transfer myself into him. He is powerful enough to accomadate the power I need until I rebuild my empire."

Abraxas says "I will obliterate his mind with my abilities and drain all the spirits within your mind of their energy, piddling as it is, to make it so. As a further gesture of my magnimonity I will also restore your body to its original...completely normal disgusting bag of mostly water. Furthermore, to show you just how much I appreciated our brief time together my love..."

He accented the word like he was talking to a postal employee rather than a lover.

"I will show you just how much you have lost by silencing the voices while I take a rest in the back of your mind. Consider yourself free for the next standard week....that should be how long it should take you to make preparations and get to the planet."

[Tag]

Ossus

Ghent came to deliver his speech when he was ushered into the back of a gathering of the dark military conference where he saw every single ranking leader of importance in the UIO.

Admiral Junpei Starkiller showed the plan to his commanders as he looked over the documents given by James Brody. It seemed like an obvious trap but the fact remained that the human race or any other race couldn't exist in this terrible stalemate any longer. The Invader's weapon would eradicate them all if it wasn't put a stop to immediately.

"Operation: Overlord is the final and collective assault we have to use to wipe out the Dark Emperor. We cannot rely on the support of the Jedi Knighthood or the Order of Forces for this but suffice to say this is a battle to bring an end to the Darkness that is determined to wipe out the force....to exterminate life itself in the universe. This is an all or nothing assault and if we fail then the universe will be left unguarded and defenseless against the Source. We can't hold out for much longer though....in three years we've lost most of everything that we've built across billions of years to their madness....."

He looks at them "I am not force sensetive but I believe in the Force and I follow the way of the Jedi as best I can for one who can only acknowledge it's

8. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Darika stood at the back of the assembly, weary from the battle she had just come from. She had been with a small taskforce, seeking out a refugee ship when they had been attacked...classic Dark Messenger hit-and-fade. Even her Battle Meditation had only been able to stall the attack long enough for them to escape. The refugee ship had been completely destroyed within the first few seconds of battle.

She looked up at Junpei as he described the plans and felt a deep sadness fall over her as she realised that this battle would indeed cost lives, possibly more than they had the right to sacrifice. It had taken her a long time to come to grips with losing other people to death, but now that she had a family - Junpei and her 'sister' Alinda - it was becoming hard to cut herself off from the cold feeling doom.

Councilman Ghent stood quietly off to one side. Darika caught his eye and a brief, grim smile passed between them. So much had happened since the Death of Abraxas. With so many force-users, the UIO seemed to have an army of invincible soldiers at is disposal. But at what cost? Darika often asked herself. She was comfortable being a warrior destined to die in battle, but so many of the padawans she had trained in the last years had been young and hopeful for a peaceful resolution. They would be the first casualties of a Final Battle that called up the most bloodthirsty among them.
    If only Zedd was alive, we'd have a sort of secret weapon... she'd often heard Junpei sigh, late at night when the both of them tried to think of plans to defeat the Dark messegners once and for all.

The vote was taken - a unanimous vote for war. Darika made her way quietly through the crowd to be at Junpei's side, moving slowly due to the fatigue of battle, but finally making her way to him.
    She saluted him briskly and resisted the urge to smile.
    "Is there anywhere in the battle that you can use me, Admiral, sir?" she asked. "My full capabilities are at your disposal."

[Tag]

9. NicholasFrey

Oct 3, 2003
    Ryan was in one of the hangars onboard the Freedom, he was under one of the new Flare-Novas and going over the more mechanical aspects of the bio-mechanic ships. He was covered in grease and he was enjoying himself, getting to know the ship he'd be piloting.

R2 was beside him, handing him parts he asked for, he was getting used to the jump in technology.

He was also nervous.

Rei was arriving today, well at least according to Anakin, and he trusted him, but it still made him nervouse, it would be awkward.

Shadow Sith Base

James Palso slashed through the hordes of Troopers even as he threw his lightsaber into the top of the roof before ripping it down, crushing hordes of the enemy monstrouscities as the three Dark Messangers still alive of the twelve here smashed through as James ran forward, knocking way the blaster fire into the malformed cancerous like humans that served the evil race.

He slashed the first of the monsters, a black robed reptilian thing with a bisected blow, decapitated the next by cutting through his energy staff with a blue lightsaber blow then forced the saber to the neck of the last one.

"WHERE IS JIM PALSO!?" he growled.

"We will never betray another of our kind Olin. You shall not survive the End of the Age." it said before James then threw it aside and blasted golden force lighting into it as it exploded. Setting the self destruct on the converted Republic base, he sighed and went back to his Flare Nova as he took off.

It was the seventh base he'd hit in as many days.....he didn't want to stop his quest but his love needed him....

Rei handed him the hydrospanner for the last tool he needed as he adjusted its central systems to accomadate his current force presence.

He then realised that Rei had handed it to him and not R2. He pushed out from under the fighter and stood up, his eyes were wide, he was speechless.

Rei smirked, "Surprise!"

She'd only gotten more beautiful in the intervening years though she'd gained considerable muscle mass even as he also noted alight scar across her left cheek.

He had an impulse to trace it with his finger but he restrained himself. "Uh, hi....yyyy you look good." he says stammering a little.

She said "Thank you! How's life treating you?"

"Um, difficult, you?" he asked as he tried unsuccessfully to wipe the grease off his hands on to his equally greasy trousers.

"Well I've been trying to stay on the front lines and help people." she blinks a bit "It's pretty damn miserable."

Of course both knew each other's feelings intimately. Rei had been in the thick of things the entire time even as she knew he'd mostly only been to the field a dozen or so times on starfighter engagements and almost never in ground engagements. Rei had been fighting since day one, ignoring any and all of Ghent's calls rejoin with the Jedi along with James.

She'd had some moments of pure joy and ectasy though....he was glad he couldn't really sense when they were lovers, that would be way too weird

"Well I've finally decided to stop being devided among multiple tasks, I'm joining up in the Starfighter core again." he says.

She says "That's wonderful news."

She smiles "Gotten a handle on this super tech yet?"

She then looks sad "And do you think it will really help?"

"Well I haven't been up in it yet." he says. "But I think it will, and if I can start training some of the others." he says.

"So, how are you?" he asks.

He looks down at himself. "I didn't picture us meeting again like this, I'm such a mess."

Rei smirked "Pretty well....."

She's hiding something.

Ryan then blinked "YOU HAVE A KID!?"

"How did you manage to keep that from me?" he asked.

She says "Uhhh...I dunno...I wasn't really broadcasting it..."

You knew she was embarrassed on some level, only to you and wanted to hide it. She still loved you despite it all even as her relationship with James had obviously grown much closer.

"Well I'm happy for you." he says. He w

10. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Orbital Platform, Deep Core

One Week. One week of freedom!

Freya had not had a full week without the voices in her mind trying to take possession of her contiousness since the hellish ordeal had begun. Counting back mentally, Freya realized that she had lost about four years of her life. As her mind cleared up and her thinking straightened out again, she remembered her orders. Ossus. Murderers. Revenge. Ghent?

Of course, Ghent would be on Ossus. James Palso would also most likely be there, and an entire order of Force users. If there was one place in the universe where she could get help, it would be Ossus. She had turned her back on her friends and allies before, but perhaps time had softened their feelings towards the idealistic and misguided girl that had once worked beside them. Within a week, they should have formulated some sort of plan to exorcise the demons posessing her, or at least come up with a way to silence them. As Freya paced across the metal deck of the orbital platform, she came across a puddle of lithium acid. Looking at her reflection in the opaque liquid, Freya saw the monstrosity that she had become. She was a twisted mockery of humanity, and would probably be killed on sight if she tried to reach anyone from her past life.

Reaching Ossus would require more work than she had hoped. Once upon a time, she would have been more careful about how she directed those under her command, but now the army of Abraxes' followers were nothing to her. They would be the distraction and the shield to reach Ossus with. A handful of raids and attacks in systems near Ossus to draw away some of the planet's defenses, then a large and messy strike on the day side of Ossus to distract from a smaller, faster, and quieter cluster of ships which she would lead herself to land on the nighttime side of the planet. It would probably cost all of Abraxes' standing army to pull off, but at least she would be able to reach the surface of the world, and perhaps even find help.

Freya flew off to assemble the various fleet groups and strike teams for the comming slaughter.

[i]Command Towers, Ossus[/i]

In the wake of the meeting, Ghent took a moment to prepare for his second meeting with Junpei that trip. The plan for rotating Apprentices, Padawans, and Learners between the Temple and the front lines would have to wait. The attack on the Source was a more urgent and necessary task, and one which the Force Orders would have no choice but to be heavily involved in. Even if they were fortunate enough to escape with ninety percent casualties, that could be devestating to the Orders. Nevertheless, thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, would volunteer from among the Force-Sensitive, and Ghent would much rather have them recieve direction from experienced Jedi and Fodai then be led to their certain deaths by government and military officials. He would have to volunteer to be part of the attack himself, which meant that he would have to make sure that an effective leadership structure for the Orders was in place in the highly likely event that neither he nor many of the councilmembers who would also volunteer to join the attack did not return.

The very thought of that made him burst out laughing.

"And just what is so funny?" Ghent hadn't even noticed Alinda come up beside him.

"Oh, nothing really. It's just that not too long ago, I spent most of my time skewering pirates on my lightsaber and getting smashed in cantinas, hardly a care in the galaxy. Very Jedi-like, don't you thing? I wasn't even allowed near the Fodai Council Chaimber, much less in it to take part in leading my Order." Ghent laughed again, "And look at me now. The only things that I skewer are stacks of paper, and not with a lightsaber, mind you, but with a stapler. All that I've smashed in the last year is old datacards. I spend almost my entire waking day determining policy for not just one, but every order of Force-users, and not only am I allowed in council chaimbers, but I'

11. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    OOC: Wow. Seven pages of writing. I almost came close to beating my own record today. This certainly turned out longer than I had hoped it would be. I think that it may be some of my best stuff, however. Well, maybe...

Ossus Orbit

Freya recieved one last fleeting glance of the battle raging over the daytime side of Ossus before her crash pod fully rounded the planet. Just as she had suspected, the combined fleets of those who had stayed loyal to Abraxes after his "death" had drawn away the ships and other craft defending the far side of Ossus, leaving a clear path for her small cluster of landing pods to reach the surface of the planet. Regardless of the planet blocking her view, she could still sense the battle through the Force. While Abraxes commanded an impressive force, it was lacking in the department of the supertechnology used aboard the UIO and White Messenger ships. Ravager Cruisers, Oni fighters, and Planet-Eaters stood little chance against the planet's defenders. Despite their overwhelming numbers, Abraxes' fleets were being torn apart and blown away at the molecular level.

Freya's crash pod hit the planetary shield and bumped violently. The other pods, as well as the asteroids, comets, and space dust which was acting as a disguise for the small party, was vaporized on the shield. Freya held her small pod, not much more than a coffin with a tough shell, together with the Force. She finally broke through the shield, her pod nearly intact, and made the final descent to the planet's surface.

[i]Temple of the Orders, Ossus[/i]

"If you don't mind, I'm going to go make a run to the vending machines. I need something sugary and artificially processed before I fall asleep."

Ghent looked up from his desk and saw his assistant already standing by the door. A quick glance at the clock reminded him that he had kept the padawan up into the wee hours of the morning for the third night in a row.

"I could go for a fudgesickle right now. Make sure that you get the chocolate chunk kind for me. Those white chocolate chip fudgesickles don't sit well with me."

The assistant skipped away, leaving Ghent alone in the dim lighting of the old temple office. A curt report came up on his datapad about an minor attack on the planet which would be resolved shortly. The night seemed calm enough, so Ghent didn't concern himself with the report. If it was important, he would get an earful about it next morning.

The assistant came back. Before he had made it around the doorframe into the office, he was already saying, "We're out of the chocolate chunk, but there was an elderberry cream. I hope that's okay...[i]yelp![/i]"

Ghent's head shot up at the cry. The assistant was standing in the doorway, a mask of horror covering his face. For the first time, Ghent realized that they were not alone. A large creature emerged from the shadows. A tall humanoid with shimmering wings, grossly large hands and fingers, and a face contorted into some sort of mockery of human beauty dominated an entire wall of the dark office. In a hushed, milky voice, the creature moaned, "Help me. Ghent...before he comes back."

Ghent tried to sense the monster through the Force, but felt only an indistinct, flickering, grey cluster. The being had the feel of a battlefield after the combatants had left but the wounded remain to die. The only time Ghent had ever felt this in a being was in Freya after she escaped from Shadoloo. Freya, who had disappeared so long ago without a trace...

"Padawan," Ghent shouted, "Go get help. Get anyone you can."

The assistant fled, and the creature stepped out of the dim light to where Ghent could properly see the being. Somewhere beneath the artificial exterior and the aura of darkness, he recognized something of his old partner.

"Freya? It really is you? Come here, sit down. Tell me what happened." Ghent pulled one of the larger chairs up and set it facing away from the desk. Freya sat down, cautiously, then began whispering again.

"You have

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: I agree, it was defintely some of your best work there.

Afterlife

"Undone by peasants." Abraxas muttered. "The irony of it all is the fact that it was an accident of all things."

None of the Dark Messengers dared touch his soul despite its potency. He was thus left alone to rot in his prison.

Abraxas retrurned to his throne as he plotted and brooded on his next ideals. He would likely never have such servants again as Freya and Thomas Duvalle but the universe's destiny was not up yet he was sure.

"Let the preparations for the final battle commence though, if nothing else...I am eager to watch."

Freya's Medical Bay

"How is she?" James Palso walked in as he looked at Ghent.

"Not good, I'm surprised to see you here," Ghent replied. He secretly blamed James for much of Freya's suffering, perhaps it could have been avoided had he simply given her the allevation of what she needed.

James said "I merely wanted to wish her well. You have alot of work ahead of you."

Ghent said "Yes but I have confidence."

James said "Your task will be to learn from her example Ghent, not redeem her."

Ghent said "Get out."

James said "I'm merely stating the choice is and always was hers. When the invasion began, she was given a choice of destroying a populated world to become a god. She took it. She was given a chance to regain her senses by defeating an evil, she chose to bargain for it for power. When given the choice of reconciling with the souls trapped inside her...souls she took the lives of, she chose to accept an offer to silence them."

He says "Even Abraxas saw this. When he made his offer to bargain with her, she destroyed those under her...deserving of death or not...to provide a distraction so she could save herself. What his original plan was or not, we shall never know. Redemption will not come to her until she is willing to give of herself, forsake her ambitions, and possibly give all."

James turned around and walked out. His next words cut to the core of what he percieved to be the conflict.

"It may not be enough that you are in love with her."

[Tag]

War room

"I love Ghent's plan," Junpei said to his wife Darika. "I just wish it could have come at a different time than this."

He says "Thank you. I'd like you by my side through this. I know your Jedi battle meditation has grown much more powerful."

He stares outward as he says "I welcome this battle though. It is our last and best hope for peace."

[Tag]

13. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Zedd Vega

Undisclosed Location

Years had passed. Many were dead because of Abraxas and his minions. Each of the ragtag group had learned something from the entire ordeal, something each of them could use later in life. The Force Users learned to bring balance and peace to the Force, not having anymore darkness within the galaxy, the crew members of Freedom learned the value of relying on each other and remembering their fallen comrades, and as for the forgotten ones... they had their own lessons to teach...

As everyone had returned to the Freedom, one did not. Thought dead by everyone and unsensed from the Force itself, Zedd Vega had survived the Last Stand at Centerpoint. After seeing the abomination form of Shadoloo and the last remaining Sith Lucius, Zedd's attitude had changed. Her hadn't saved anyone, but he had eliminated his foes, and thats all that mattered to him.

Within his ship, his unreleased power of Talis Nord had formed itself snugly around his body. He was one of three infinitely powerful beings. He was also the luckiest for the bastard that he was. Zedd sat and made his way to an empty portion of space. There, he stopped the ship and looked outwards towards space. Zedd was now himself. He was emotionally and physically at peace, and with his soul now forged with that of Ajunta Pall, he had become even more powerful.

"I hope this works..." He said softly to himself as he opened the hatch on the Zealot Class starfighter. He began floating out into space as he stopped himself and began glowing in the horrid flames that were used to save the others on Bothwanni. His body then began glowing in an eerie red light as he held his hands out to his sides, his body looking like that of a cross.

Below, in the empty reaches of space, the emmense power of the three combined souls: Aunta Pall, Talis Nord, and Zedd Vega began forming a star. The star began to grow as it began to solidify from its energy form. Then, it grew in size and mass forming that of an average planet. The planet then began sprouting vegetation as well as sources of water and air. Finally, a series of Suns began to form. Four suns, closely followed by three moons. The planet was complete, and Zedd had a job to do: Create his own civilization... but he couldn't do it alone...

TAG:

14. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Temple of the Orders

Volunteers among the Force-trained were many and numerous, with an incredible turnout of individuals wanting to participate in what might be the deciding battle of the most horrific conflict in the known history of the galaxy. So many had turned out, in fact, that the Leadership Council was forced to turn away a great number from participating. Most who were told that they would not be able to directly participate were too inexperienced, too young, or not physically well enough to accompany the force that would strike at the Source of the Dark Messengers.

Nevertheless, there still would be a huge force of Jedi and Fodai from thousands of species who would take part in the battle. Those who would go were drilled and organized into coherent groups, thanks in large part to the assistance of Sakura and Varun. Now they only awaited the signal from Admiral Starkiller that it would be time to depart.

15. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Pokes RPG w/ stick

Is it dead? :(

16. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    ooc: I hope not...personally I'm just having a bit of trouble continuing on at the moment :(

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Nope, its just drawing to a close. I was surprised you didn't respond to my having James talk to you 777

18. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, he kinda walked away. I took that to mean the conversation was over...and I was particularly uncreative that day.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: No problem. Well I was hoping for thoughts of Ghent if nothing else

20. NicholasFrey

Oct 3, 2003
    OOC: I'm sorry for the lateness of this post, it's been sitting on my computer for about four days or so. I really have no excuse, sorry.

James Palso sat in the dark corners of the room as Sakura waited on him a great deal, he barely was able to hold her off from hugging him inappropriately with snuggles and keeping off her questions as she tended his wounds and generally treated him like a King. James seemed somewhat withdrawn truth be told though as if he'd suffered a great deal.

Ryan was sitting at the table, spinning the disc in his hands wondering what it was. 'I should get going and get this to Ghent.' he thought.

He looked over at his wife and James, she seemed so happy right then, he hadn't really seen her like that in a while, and it touched him with a bit of jealousy.

'What am I doing wrong? Why can't we have a close relationship like James does with Rei?' he thought. 'She has a kid with him!' he sat quietly as he contemplated what he would do next.

James sighs as he finally is alone with Ryan. "Well...your wife is as lovely as I remember her."

"She is, isn't she?" he said smiling, though it was with a touch of sadness. "And you and Rei seem to be getting along reat, she has become quite the confident woman."

They sit in silence for a moment. "So, you going to tell me what this is, and what you have been doing the past two years?" he asked.

James says "Truth be told, though I love her, we don't see much of each other. The whole Jedi Knight...champion of justice thing...divides us for months at a time."

He shakes his head wearily "She doesn't understand my need to find my father."

"Oh..." he trails off. "That can be a difficult thing to understand." he says. "I'm trying to keep Sakura happy, but I don't know if I am succeeding, she flew off the handle after seeing me and Rei in a room alone. I'm just not sure if she still wants to be with me or not...." he looks out the window, the steam rising off the cup of caf he had his hands wrapped around.

"I'm not sure about a lot of things right now James, the only thing I am sure of is that I want to be a pilot again."

"The end is coming, I can feel it."

James says "It's possible to love two people Ryan. It's also possible to have even love disturbed by the presence of horrors about."

He pauses "And it is. I found the Invader home base."

He says "I'm going there."

"To finish this."

Ryan looked at him. "Your sure? That's what's on this disc?" he asked as he focused his attention back on the larger problem. "Your not planning on going by yourself?"

He says "Yeah, kinda."

"That's suicide, I won't allow my friend to go by himself." he says.

He says "Yes but is it any less suicide if other's go? I know the Invader's weakness now..."

"Ok, then we tell the UIO and the Orders and we get a plan together, this can't be a mission accomplished by just a handful like last time." he says.

"And besides, now that you told me, you can't keep me from going with you." he says.

"In one function or another, I'm going to be there, whether it's with you in the base or in one of the fighters, I'm coming with you."

James nodded "I'm glad you'll be there my friend."

"In any case I think Sakura is happy but I also think she's worried about the losses. The War is being lost Ryan. Your wife has been at the front of it trying...vainly it seems...to hold back the enemy. Have you acknowledged just how much she's done?"

He blinked. "No...." he admitted. "I've been so busy, we really haven't seen too much of eachother either." he was really thinking on how he had been treating her the past few months and came to the conclusion he had to change, he had to try and make time to see her, to be there to support her. He also realised that choosing to be a pilot may have been a mistake, he should have chosen to protect her.

'I need to inform the Admiral I won't be heading up a squad of those new fighters after all.' he thought.

It was strange, James' words seemed to clarify a few things for Ryan.

He s

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Attack pattern

The number of ships gathered was without count as the fleet was the greatest ever assembled in the history of the universe. Whether it would be enough or not was not known but the signal was given for the attack.....as they all jumped into hyperspace.

OOC: Sorry, internet troubles and moving have kept me from posting. I intended to do a major set up for the end tonight though

22. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    OOC: Hrmm. I posted this just a little too late.

Temple of the Orders, a little while earlier

"And then the hangar opens, and the ship comes in for landing...brmwwmwmmwmwmw...sweeeeeewweeewweee...hssss...vvvvrhrrrrnnnnn..."

Ghent moved the spoon in wild circles around Freya's head for a while, making strange space-ship noises, then pushed it at her mouth. She didn't open, and the spoonful of mushy gruel spilled across her chin.

"Now Freya, you're going to have to eat sometime. The doctor said your digestive system can't hold down solid food yet, and this stuff doesn't taste half as bad as it looks."

Freya's gaze was distant and her expression vacant. She seemed totally oblivious of the gruel dripping down her face, onto the blanket which covered her to the elbows. Ghent sighed and set the bowl of what was supposed to be her breakfast aside. A nurse had said that she had eaten on her own before, but she hadn't been spotted doing that for days. Ghent didn't know what to do. She wasn't responding to the phychiatrists who came to visit with her, the most experienced Jedi healers hadn't been able to pierce the mental walls she had put up, and Freya had stabbed one of her doctors with a seringue when he came to change her bedsheets. The medical droids who had tried to help her weren't treated nearly as nicely. Her only words since she had been revived were either incoherent mumblings, or eerie and disturbing stories about what she remembered.

Despite doing all that he could think of, including spoon-feeding her himself, Ghent was getting to the point of despair. Perhaps it was time to put Freya into a more permanent care facility so that he could focus on the upcoming mission? Despite the logic in it, Ghent could never bring himself around to removing her from the Temple hospital where he could keep an eye on her. Palso's remarks hadn't done much to ease Ghent's thoughts. Sometimes he felt like the world was spinning out of control around him, and other times he found himself staring blankly out into space.

As he looked down on the gruel dripping onto Freya's blanket, Ghent decided that he couldn't take any more of it. Junpei was requesting his presence at the government center, and he knew that he was only holding up matters by staying at the Temple complex.

Ghent patted Freya's knee, then looked back at her one more time before standing up, "Goodbye, old friend. Until a better tomorrow."

As he reached the doorway, Ghent heard a weak voice behind him, "Regret no with choose."

He turned around. Freya's vacant stare had taken on a pained look. "Love you what do."

Ghent stared, his mouth open.

"Is there all is this if as live." She closed her eyes, and her face returned to the blank state it had been.

He nodded, then walked away without looking back. Freya had become a distraction, and an unhealthy one at that. He would go do what he had been raised to do: fight the bad guys.

23. NicholasFrey

Oct 3, 2003
    OOC: Well, Charlie wanted me to post this, our last collaberation, it has been fun, and I hope we can do this again sometime.

Ryan was in one of the new fighters. He had gone to talk to Sakura, to try and find some common ground between them but she wasn't in the mood at that time, and she was very busy getting things co-ordinated for this attack. So instead of him quitting the star fighter corps and joing her side as her body guard, he was now in command of a squadron of these new fighters.

He felt uncomfortable not having resolved things with her, he felt unbalanced because of his failure to right the balance between himself, Rei and his wife. If they were to get through this, then they would have a lot to work through.

"Ok, Red Squadron, report." he commed to his attack wing as they got ready to leave the hanger bay. The Freedom then dropped out of hyper space.

James says "Red-2 standing by...."

The numbers Jedi pilots was considerable as ten thousand of the knighthood would attack the Citadel of Shadow at once. The entire knighthood's militant wing as they would strike as the bulk of the fleet would attack without mercy or hesitation and attempt to eradicate the main body of the Shadow Force.

"Look...the Hyperspace destroying particle has destroyed most of the hypermatter tunnels already...." James said as the red colored devastation was everywhere. "Only the Force will keep our own tunnel from collapsing."

"Then we have to make this count." he says.

He wanted to send out a impression through the Force to his wife, a goodbye, in case he didn't come back. But he knew at that moment, her feelings for him were in doubt, so he let it be. 'Have to focus on the task at hand.' he thought.

"Okay, Red Squadron, move out!" he then brought his repulsors up to full and took off for the magcon field and out into space. "Ok, I want each squad to seperate and listen to your squad mates, it's going to get dicey real fast. May the Force be with us all."

James says "This is a private communication..."

He rubbed his face. 'I need to focus.' he thought. "Sorry." he appologized as he switched frequencies and repeated his commands.

He switched back to James' "What kind of a chance do you think we have?" he asked.

He says "We shall succeed...it is preordained though that 50,000 years of shadow will emerge afterwards with hyperspace needing time to heal. In that time, there will be no jedi or republic for worlds shall be seperate and those which are not self sufficent shall adapt...or die."

James says "I could not say why this is but the Force has decreed it....the universe needs this time to heal."

"Ok." he says. "Let's give 'em hell." he then streaked his craft towards the Dark Messangers interceptor fighters, James and two others falling in in almost perfect formation.

He closed his eyes briefly. [Sakura, I really am sorry.] he sent to her. 'It can't hurt.' he thought.

He says "That's not what I called about."

James seemed to swat the Dark Messanger fighters like flies as he killed them with effortless ease but grim practicality.

"Then what is it?" he asked as he was doing well, not as well as James seemed to be, but James had been fighting these things for the past two years.

James says "The end of the Dark Messangers will claim two of our four lives. One man and one woman."

"When were you going to tell me this? Do you know who they will be?" he asked.

He says "No....and now obviously."

He thinks about that for a moment as he jukes and jinks to get one of the interceptors off his tail.

The Star Destroyers and Captial ships and the enemy fleet started trading turbolaser fire, they had to dog fight, with powerful blasts lancing between them.

"Well if you find out who, please tell me." he says as he takes out the one that was tailing him, and narrowly misses some friendly fire.

He says "Why should I know more? believe me, a part wants to deliberately kamikaze myself so you'll live friend."

"Don't, it may be me that goes." he says.

24. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    I hope I'm not ruining the dramatic "The End" by posting here. I'd just like to say how much fun I've had here, RPing with all of you and getting to read all of your works. In the words of Ed: "Byebye"

[i]Ossus[/i]

"Regret no with choose. Love you what do. Is there all is this if as live."

"He said the same thing before the end came. He remembered."

"Said I what remembered truly he."

"Indeed. He wanted you to know that he remembered, so that you may remember how well you taught him."

"Him meet would end the how chose who he was it then?"

"Yes, he made a choice. He learned from you, and he chose with no regret. That is happiness. You showed him that."

"No regrets. Until a better tomorrow then."

"Dear girl, tomorrow is already here."

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: Although I did not finish this game, I was there for 99.9% of the whole series. I want to say that it was a blast playing with you all and I do hope that we all get to play again together at some point.

May the Force be with you all. :)

-Jason
    Volunteer Fire Fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.