main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episodes 4-9 instead of episodes 1-6 ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Galactic_Emperor, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Would you have liked that instead of compacting ep 7-9 in ROTJ and making the PT, GL would had made ep 7-9 instead? i mean he didnt want to make no more then 6 SW movies. So...

Ep. 4-9 instead of ep. 1-6 ?

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    He pulled it off well enough for my tastes. I see no reason for it to be better any other way.

3. AndrewRanta_da

AndrewRanta_da Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    we probably shouldve did 4-9

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I personally liked the way everything came together in ROTJ and have enjoyed the prequels.

People complain about the prequels but I think episodes 7-9 would have alienated a lot of fans. Remember that according to that storyline, Han is dead at the end of ROTJ, Leia is pretty much out of the picture and Luke is introduced to a series of new characters for the next episodes.

5. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    If it was 4-9, then a lot of our answers would not have been answered.

6. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    What I thought when I read the title is that ep. 1 is really ep. 4. That there is a back story to the prequels. but having ep. 7-9 won't give us the history of the Jedi, wish I really want. Most of Jedi lore seems to be lost by ep. 4.

7. Darkside_Princess

Darkside_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm showing my lack of Star Wars knowledge with this question but I'll ask anyways.
    Han died after Return of the Jedi? How??

8. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    There was a storyline considered in ROTJ where Han would die and Luke would turn to the dark side after killing Vader. Then the "other" that Yoda mentioned, who would have turned out to be Luke's sister but not Leia, would be the main character of Episodes 7-9 and redeem Luke.

I personally like the way they worked it out better, although I would have really liked seeing Star Wars movies with a female as the central character. However, if they would have went that way, it would have made the PT pointless, and of course, it(the PT) never would have gotten made. It just would have been more of the same Rebellion vs Empire as Episodes IV-VI, only with Luke as the new Vader.

But as it's worked out, Han is alive and well in the EU following ROTJ. They did apparently kill Chewbacca, which sucks, but I don't pay the EU much attention anyway.

9. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Another storyline considered for episodes 7-9 was that at the end of ROTJ, Han is killed and Leia becomes queen of her people. Luke doesn't fall to the dark side but leaves in Episode 7 to spend search for his lost sister (who wasn't Leia) on the other side of the galaxy. He wouldn't actually confront Vader and the Emperor until Episode 9 when he would do it with that sister.

Personally, I think ROTJ's happy ending worked very well and I like having Han alive at the end of the saga.

10. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    IMO it's better to have Vader's backstory, than ''further adventures'' of the OT characters. By Episode 6, all the big guns are either dead or ghosts: Kenobi, Yoda, Palpatine, Vader etc.

11. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    "By Episode 6, all the big guns are either dead or ghosts: Kenobi, Yoda, Palpatine, Vader etc"

well if we had ep. 7-9, ep. 6 would had been much different. Who knows, perhabs we would had vader, palps, the empire and luke until ep. 9.

12. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    I would be overjoyed if the episodes were "shifted up" That way Episodes one through three could be about Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon and Mace and all of our other incidental Jedi that we see in our current episodes one through three. It could reveal the discovery of the prophecy and why it meant so much to Qui-Gon.

Man, that would be great.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm happy with 1-6, but I would love to see a more detailed storyline of 7-9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.