Episodes 7,8, &9 confirmed?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Snaggleass, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Anikan/Vader is the main plot of Star Wars.

With Vader dead in ROTJ there won't be a Post-RotJ Movie.

With Vader -1000 years old in KOTOR there Won't be any KOTOR movies.
  2. george_starwars Jedi Padawan

star 4
    With Vader -1000 years old in KOTOR there Won't be any KOTOR movies. [face_laugh]

I hope not!
  3. jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *calls Peter Jackson and waves hand*

You want to make a Kotor trilogy.
    (see my sig)
  4. General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    All i was saying is that there is never going to be another movie.
  5. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't watch a KOTOR trilogy.

I wish people would see that Star Wars is all about the Skywalker family, in particular Anakin Skywalker and his son. In KOTOR, all you could do in that vein would be to have an ancient ascendant. God that'd be awful.

Six is enough, thanks. :p

I would watch a TV show though, because somebody else would be making it. Might be refreshing.
  6. Valie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    They could always make them in CG. They did a brilliant job with Final Fantasy. !^_^!
  7. DarthBam Jedi Youngling

Without Star-Wars I will die!!! I remember playing with my Star Wars action Figs in the sand box in the early 80's and now 25 years later the saga is close to completion.. I am so stoked for Ep III but I am almost afraid to go and see it just out of fear of the overwhelming emotion I will experience. I really don't want it to end.. Star Wars.. I grew up worshiping this tale told by Lucas to almost every last detail.. I mean the books are great, but I would love to see more on the big screen..
  8. HowardFilms Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Look at it this way:

1) McCullum noted that Lucas would die before finishing Star Wars

2) Lucas had also said no to the prequels

3) Back in the day, Lucas codenamed a Star Wars film Blue Harvest, as we all know. In an interview, Lucas said something about his next movie being Red Tales. Coincidence?

4) On comingsoon.net, Hamill seemed confident that 7-9 were coming, then suddenly, he said it would never happen. hmm....

5) How do we know that the filming of the Star Wars "TV" show is not merely a mask for the filming of Episode VII?

I think Answers are on the way, but I think VII is coming...
  9. malducin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wonder when will people start accepting that there will be no ep. 7-9 from Lucas. He has been very emphatic and on the record. Sure he could change his mind but I doubt it. If anything maybe his estate will one day do them just to cash in.
  10. DarthBam Jedi Youngling

Regardless.... The end of Star Wars is "bitter sweet"... i just feel there is so much more to be told..
  11. HowardFilms Jedi Padawan

star 4
    See above. I am fairly certain. I mean, come on, DVeditor, is it possible he is gonna do it, and just maybe hasn't let you in on it yet. all i know is, i am buying www.redtails.org, and when it turns out to be episode VII, I am gonna make a boatload on ebay.
  12. Senffism Jedi Youngling

Um, ya, you guys did read on F.N link that said the new sequels would be about...wait for it... Master Yadelle and... again, wait for it, Captain Panaka!! OMG, I would soooo see that opening night or something, and ticket sales would be huge. (please note sarcasam). Also, how would Lucas bypass EU lore? Most of the EU is a good time set apart from the OT. *sigh* While it would be awsome, don't get me wrong, I think it would be retarded to have it about a female Yoda and a part bit security guard from PM. Oh, and Yadelle(sp) died in the Jedi Quest series.
  13. malducin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    See above. I am fairly certain. I mean, come on, DVeditor, is it possible he is gonna do it, and just maybe hasn't let you in on it yet.

First of all I'm not DVeditor even though he uses my icon ;-). Yes I read what you said and I do admit there is a slight chance he might do it (like Jordan returning to basketball). But he seems to have been pertty straightforward and he does want to do other things.

all i know is, i am buying www.redtails.org, and when it turns out to be episode VII, I am gonna make a boatload on ebay.

Well an org domain is not that valuable for a movie, and second you could be forced to relinquish it and pay damages if it was proven you did it for cybersquatting. Then again the Lucasfilm legal dept. is not exactly bright in the specifics.

Also, how would Lucas bypass EU lore? Most of the EU is a good time set apart from the OT.

Lucas or Lucasfilm licensing were very clear back when the first Zahn book came out that Lucas reserved the right to contradict any EU material (including all of it). While the novels do have to be authorized by Lucasfilm that didn't mean what was written was set in stone with respect to the movies.
  14. HowardFilms Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry, I thought you were DVeditor. Sheesh. Also, I wouldn't sell redtails.org to Lucas, I meant for a fan. I found this, dunno if it is authentic or not, looks a bit shady...http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html
  15. malducin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well cybersquatting doesn't have to involve even selling it. Although we are straying from the topic. Although it would probably be more or less safe since it's an org, not com domain.

As far as that script: false.
  16. HowardFilms Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Damn Shame. If Lucas doesn't make 7, 8, and 9, I think HowardFilms may do them as fanfilms, based off these plot summaries. Just a thought, but I suppose that idea belongs on the fanfilm board.
  17. DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan

star 4
    lucas has been very clear on the subject of star wars especially right now, doing all the interviews. he keeps saying this is the end of star wars. he has finised his story. it is done. he will no longer make star wars movies. there will be a tv show but he will have little to do with it other then he is producing it. and approving its story.

no more movies. I am sad that its all over and it won't hit till at least next thursday but I have accpted that this one is the last one.
  18. zombie Jedi Master

star 4
  19. dudalb Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The chances are overwhelming that there will not be another Star Wars film for a long time, if ever.
    I really think any quick followup went out the window with the upcoming TV show.
    And there is no freaking way that Lucas, no matter how careful, could start filming Star Wars VII and not have it leak out.
    Time to face reality, folks. The films are over for a long time to come, and , as far as Lucas being the Writer Director, possibly forever.
    And I take him at this word he wants to do other stuff...
    BTW he has been talking about "Red Tails" for years. I doubt he would do that just for a decoy.
    And why would Lucas want to keep Epsidoe VII a secret?
    Lucas is world class at publicity, you think he would avoid publicising it for the sake of a surprise he could not probably keep from leaking out early on??
    Give me a break.
  20. Jedi_fallen7 Jedi Youngling

I just saw ROTS and i thought it was great....however i now feel empty and very sad. I wanted to see the movie so bad but now there are no more Star Wars movies. I think the only thing we can do is hope that he will change his mind for 7-9. A T.V. show at least would be nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.