main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

episodes 7.8.9. - somebody help me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RipDaJackerJR, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipDaJackerJR

RipDaJackerJR Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2004
    yea yea i know episodes 7,8, and 9 arent gonna happen (crosses fingers). but i want to do a student film about what would come after all those (my own version of 10) but i need to know first what 7,8, or 9 are based on.

at first i thought dark empire 2 and the empires end but someone was telling me it was on different books

any help plz? thanks

2. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's based on different stories, when Lucas decided to cncel them, it completely changed Return of the Jedi, originally Leia wasn't suposed to be Luke's sister. The emporer wasn't supposed to appear ntil probably Ep. 8

3. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    There is no 7, 8, and 9, and there isn't even an EU quasi-7/8/9. The two contenders are the DE trilogy and the Thrawn Trilogy. While DE contains more thematic elements of what the sequels would have been than TTT, TTT is often regarded as being of higher quality.

There's no 7/8/9 no matter how you look at it, but if you are going to do an EU-based 10-12, then you should start around 10 years after The Unifying Force.

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    While DE contains more thematic elements of what the sequels would have been than TTT, TTT is often regarded as being of higher quality.

Don't let Genghis hear you say... type... that. [face_mischief]

Anyhow, I think that it's obvious that The Courtship of Princess Leia, Planet of Twilight, and The Crystal Star are the base of the default sequel trilogy.

5. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    JAT . . . Luke passing on what he has learned.

6. RipDaJackerJR

Aug 28, 2004
    thanks guys

7. Traest_Krefey

Traest_Krefey Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2004
    JAT???????? I can't think of a more illogical triology. The Sun Crusher, an isloated base... (Where did the guys at Maw get their food, and supplies during those years?)

Well many important things happen in Dark Empire but again it is illogical. The Clone Emperor is acceptable but the massing of Imperial Fleets are totally unbeliable. Where did those guys do their repairs? How did they get food, ammo, medics, fuel and most importantly new recruits?

TTT is the best of them. The X-Wings are also good but they are more focused on the Rogues-Wraiths than the grand sceme of things. But Coruscant's Fall, Ysanne Isard and the Krytos Virus are very important things.

8. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    George's original idea for 7, 8, and 9 was basically like this:

A new threat arises in the galaxy. During this crises Luke Skywalker's son turns to the darkside. In the end the new threat is defeated and Luke turns his son back to the lightside essentially completing the circle, now having redeemed both his father and his son.

Those aren't the exact words, since I couldn't find the source where I got that from, but that is indeed the basic idea of what George wanted 7, 8, and 9 to be about.

There is NO EU STORY that equates to what 7, 8, and 9 where to be about.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    clonewarseu: As far as I know, that's not the story for 7-9

Episode 6: Luke confronts Darth Vader, kills him, Han dies; the Emperor only makes a minor appearance or doesn't appear at all.

Episode 7: Luke sets out on a quest to find his sister, who is NOT Leia.

Episode 8: Luke finds his sister.

Episode 9: Luke and his sister confront the Emperor at Had Abbadon(Coruscant), defeat him.

IIRC, that's basically the rough story for the ST, which I believe is as far as Lucas ever got after first writing the Saga. I don't think any EU should be considered equivalent to any of George Lucas' movies, nor should any be considered subsitutes for a movie trilogy that was not meant to exist since RotJ's filming.

10. RipDaJackerJR

Aug 28, 2004
    anybody else?

11. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I would say the Thrawn trilogy is the best. Dark Empire is not as good, and I think it would be better not to have the Emperor again.

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    i concur with clonewars eu

13. _therebelforces_

_therebelforces_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    I hate to say this but it will never happen. my theory is that shortly after Ep.III comes out GL will die of a hart attack and that will be the end of the films:eek:dont be to shocked its life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.