main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episodes 7-8-9

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    According to a press release... Peter Mayhew has signed for the next 3 films. I am trying to find out how factual this is or if its just another, red herring.

The fact is if Lucas is planning 3 more I don't know If I can take it.
    This last ride has been pretty bumpy. But if it means Han, Leia, and Luke...I might be o.k.!

So what do you think? If there really is a plan...is it good, bad, o my God...I have no more room for more toys...

Let's discuss

2. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok, my first question would be this: How long can Wookiees live? Chewie is already over 200, but I'm wondering what the average max. age is. Not that it matters, really, in terms of age for Peter himself--he's covered in a suit.

As for 7-9 with the classic 4 (let's not forget Lando), they all look pretty good for their ages now, but I think it would have to be one hell of script for anyone of them to even entertain the idea of wanting to reprise their roles. In the latest SW Insider, Harrison mentioned that he likes Indy over Han for a number of reasons, but one of them is that Indy was a far more fleshed out character, much deeper and more complex than Han. It makes me think Han was a character he really liked, that it had great potential, but that he felt very limited with the final synopses of the films in the end, and I can definitely understand that. So I can only see them all coming back for a script that blows all others out of the water.

Also, the scripts could and should not be based on anything published in the EU. Sorry, guys, but for me, those books just are nowhere near film-worthy. And it should take place 20 years into the future from ROTJ's end, for the sake of their ages (sorry, George, all special effects aside, you just can't make them younger).

If George decides to follow such parameters, then I would love to see 7-9 realized. If not, I hold little hope for a good series. Besides, I thought he wanted to go on to other projects after this...? Then again, there was "Howard the Duck"... Bad memories always die hard... ;)

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'll believe it when I see it. I'd expect a Howard the Duck sequel before Star Wars 7-9.

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Not sure about the script, but GL would have to throw bushels of cash at the players (o.k., so maybe not Billy Dee) to pull it off. Luckily, he's got a never-ceasing supply of loot from collector junkies like myself to help pony up if it comes to that. Personally, I'm a little skeptical, but it kind makes me tingly just thinking about the possibilities.

5. Nosh_Dir85

Nosh_Dir85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
    That would be an intereseting thought to consider, but I really don't think he would do that. Then again, he doesn't cease to amaze me with some of the things he does. If he did, however, I would definetly watch it...

6. Neo_Van_Nostrand

Neo_Van_Nostrand Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003
    This was just debunked by Peter Mayhew himself.

7. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    So what do you think? If there really is a plan...is it good, bad, o my God...I have no more room for more toys...

Amen to that Eric, but Hasbro has the liscense till 2016 or something so either way we're going to have to shell out more money, for all the upcoming toys.

As far as the movies go, if indeed they go through with it, which IMO is doubtful I actually would like to see a Yuuzhan Vong based movie, or the Thrawn Trilogy, becuase doing something after all that seems unrealistic. I mean how much war and problems to Han, Leia, and the rest of the gang have to go through before they can just go into retierment?! I also think an alternative to not having to deal with the actors that would not cooperate they could simply rest in peace, and their kids could take over. I wouldn't mind seeing movies based on the adult lives of Jacen, and Jaina, Kyp, and the rest of the New Jedi Order. Thats just my two cents though.

Forcebewitya!

8. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I would guess that if they were to make 7-9 all the current EU stuff would be out the window.

Regardless of your EU feelings, you can't honestly think Lucas would make a third trilogy based on anything that is out there in EU land.

9. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Especially since it mostly sucks

10. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I would guess that if they were to make 7-9 all the current EU stuff would be out the window.

Regardless of your EU feelings, you can't honestly think Lucas would make a third trilogy based on anything that is out there in EU land.

I'm aware. But I do not think he should disregard it totally, becuase if he doesn't make anymore it's whats going to be making his money.

Forcebewitya!

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Why wouldn't he disregard it? The Yuuzhan Vong are nothing more than biological rather than technological Borg, the Solo kids are about as interesting as snail races, and so is just about every other EU plot line. In fact, if he did 7-8-9, I would hope he would disregard them.

There's been one decent EU plot - the original Thrawn trilogy. After that, I've read nothing even close to the original trilogy in terms of quality. Not even Zahn's second set of books comes close.

Jeff

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Here's a thought...Kevin J. Anderson writing the next in the series. I could crap on a piece of paper and it would be better fiction than that tool can crank out.

m

13. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    If he's making 7, 8, & 9, then I have two words:

MARK
    HAMILL

And, I'd appreciate it if he put more thought into the storyline, selecting the actors, and watching what he makes CGI and what he leaves to look real.

I'm really passionate about CT, so this is something that really concerns me--I'm in fact really scared to hear he's considering an additional 3 considering his most recent preexisting, newest films and EU crud, and yet I've always wanted nothing more but Mark to appear in another SW movie. The Classic Trilogy is ultimate.

Oh, and finally:
    LEAVE EU OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Peter Mayhew: YOU KICK WOOKIE BUTT :)

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

LOCK THIS THREAD.

15. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    A bit testy today Tom?

Why lock the thread?

With the right amount of money anything is possible - even for Mr. Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.