main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Episodes cropped too short

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheNewEmpire, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Re: "Monster" I think I remember Filoni saying at the LA screening that we were seeing a longer version and some things had been taken out? I seem to remember the temple attack being longer and maybe I'm crazy but I think I remember seeing some phase ii troopers commanding the other clones?

2. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    It wouldn't be so bad if we got longer versions on the blu-ray, but we're lucky if we get one tiny extra scene.
    Why not put all the extra stuff on the discs, lengthen the episodes when there are no time constraints.

3. wookieesniper

wookieesniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2010
    Some episodes would work better being 30 or 44 minutes, like Monster and Supply Lines.

But others work best as 22 minutes like Evil Plans.

Episodes like The Academy work best at a length of 0 minutes :p

4. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    fixed;)

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Why, CloneUncleOwen, I hope that you didn't KILL anyone we know for that fixed information. [face_laugh]

And yeah, some work fine as short standalones or part of a larger picture. Some, though, would benefit from moar minutes. Or at the very least, the airing time might benefit from having more room for flowing episodes and two-parters.

EDIT: Then again, at least here, it's common practice to show two episodes in a row. First the two newest episodes for season premieres, then the last episode plus the newest one. Episodes 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, etc.. So perhaps in a way, it does play out. Oh well. :p

6. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    God knows I tried... sword in hand, slashing like a demented avenger... [face_laugh]

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe season 3 will have more director's cuts added to the dvd and bluray releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.