main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Episodes I, II, III discussion...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Discussion of the Prequels lands here...

Starting off with Padme Amidala....savior or threat? I say she's the reason we're in this mess. If it wasnt for her, Anakin would have not fallen to the darkside! Is it his emotions alone that rule this man or is it this woman's web of conceit!?!

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    It is always a woman that causes a war! [face_devil]

Seriously, I think that the story was done well. Let me get back on this after lunch.

3. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I was a bit confused by the actress when it first came out. You see, there was another woman (Keira Knightley) who played one of Queen Amidals' handmaidens. They kept switching places I thought,and well, they just looked so much alike as hard to make heads or tails of who was who. Recently a Star Wars Insider had a great article on this. So much alike that even Ms.Portman's mother had a hard time telling the difference.

4. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    well i think that its not padame or anakin falt that he went to the dark side.
    he did what any man who loved his wife and child would do. That is to do above and beyond to save the ones you love. he got the short end of the stick. not to mention palpatine all in his head. he had alot on his plate . those are my thoghts

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Ok Danny, I think this is where we will have to disagree.

Let me take each point one at a time:

"He had a lot on his plate" - And no one else didn't? He was a Jedi Knight who was so slick he could manage to trod his way out of every jam he put himself and others in. I think in the big picture he had less on his plate then say Obi-Wan who was still trying to help him "grow up". Or how about Mace and Yoda dealing with Jedi scattered all over the Galaxy doing a job they were not ment to do.

"Palps all up in his bidness" - He played the boy like a Bee-otch from day one. When he does finally figure that out he runs to Mace when he should have run his evil @$$ through.

"short end of the stick" - How? He was shagging the hottest Senator in the Galaxy, a Knight at a very early age, His own troops, his own ride, heck even a seat on the council which was insane.

And finally, the last time I checked I would not choke my pregnet wife to death out of love. EVERYTHING that Anakin did was out of his own selfish desires. He wanted Padme even though he was told to leave it alone. He wanted to be a Knight in charge and even a Master, He wanted everyone to do what he wanted without much thought to what anyone else needed, thought, or wanted.
    That is the the idea of love and going above and beyond? Sounds about the same as when Henry cuts off his wives heads when he is bored with them.

Anakin was a spoiled brat that needed a good spanking. He ended up be a ticked off brat that was so mad at himself he would take his anger out on everyone.

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Could also go back to the fact that he was too old when discovered and taken to the Jedi Temple. Although everyone on the Council knew he was strong in the force, they all had misgivings about him right up front. Perhaps if he was found by Qui Gon when he was much younger, there'd be a different ending to the story. Theoretically it COULD have been Anakin who defeated the Sith Palpatine prior to his claiming title to the galaxy.

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Good points and interesting thought.

So I guess now you have to wonder who punked on the council. I would be willing to bet it wasn't Windu. I think he pretty much felt the little punk was dangerous from the go. So Yoda, I reckon is the one who persuaded the council to let Obi-Wan take him on.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ki Adi Mundi? Binary Brain Power! :)

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    You would think as Jedi Masters, there would be a deeper understanding of the force or something. Some way to show that they were the elite of the elite.

Sadly, I think Qui-Gon Jinn had it figured out better then most everyone else. I still say had he been alive it would have all been a bit different.

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I was watching AOTC the other day. My favorite part is the back half when the Clones take to action. After watching Dooku escape on his little speeder bike, I wondered, why didnt that Gunship that Ani & Obi were on just shoot him down. They wanted to take him alive? how dangerous would that have been? Then there'd be a trial for which he could manipulate the system!

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    So many questions. I agree that it seems a bad idea to try to take Dooku alive but it seems that was what they always wanted to do. Even by EP III the only person that actually wanted him dead was Palps.

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ture enough. It's just every time I watch that part in EpII I cant help but think that ol Dooku is on a little old bike with a Gunship hot on his tail. Talk about ol Obi Wan. I dont think he had enough faith n his own abilities to take care of Dooku (even though he had a squad of Clones backing him up) by himself. He shoulda let Ani jump out the ship and save Padme.

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I just watched 2 again last night. I think you have a good point. I think it is safe to say Obi-Wan second guessed every move he made. He also seemed more worried about Anakin getting all worked up for Padme then thinking of the fact that someone should be protecting a Senator in the middle of a war zone. hmmmmm...[face_thinking]

14. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Mos Eisley... a wretched hive of villainy? Seriously, I'd like to visit. The number one rule of being on the streets of scum and villainy is... stay off the street! Always liked the characters in those bar scenes. We'll always have the original Star Wars but I think I'm one of the few who would like to see these movies re-visited on an anniversary basis and ol George can tak the computer and add in more cool stuff. More scenes with other characters, other story plots. Wont happen but I'd like to see this when it goes 3D.

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Happy Birthday Star Wars! Allows the inner nerd to shine after a hard day at work. I always feel at peace and happy to be amongst my piles of stuff. DOnt get me wrong, I gotta real life and love it but late night on the weekend, I'm tinkering away at something star wars.

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Watched AOTC again Saturday night. Love it. Love the costuming and the CGI. Call in the Clones! Mace putting a purple lightsaber to Jango's throat will always be a classic to me as well as Padme in her arena outfit! The emotion of Anakin when he tells Padme he slaughtered the Sand People! The Clone Gunships!
    I think I'll bring one of those to the meeting tonight!

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ha! Rumaging around last night and found a box with old 7-11 Slurpee cups from ROTS. They were lenticular cups, my favorite being Anakin to Vader.

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, my Jango has come together. Most of my parts have been put back in order. Waiting to get my jetpack painted. I love both of Jango's jetpacks so I may get another. The stubby would be a lot easier to carry around. You'd think ol Obi woulda got tanked on Kamino by the concussion of Jango's missile or Boba on the ships blasters. What was the name of Jango's ship?

19. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yoda, what a great little piece of green action. AOTC style whipping that blade on Count Dooku. So much better than the original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.