main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Episodes VII, VIII & IX ?????????

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JayTee_Erricck, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Fellow Star Wars fans,

By now, you've probably heard that Lucas proclaims that there will be NO Episodes 7, 8 & 9. [*sob*] Since I was very young, I had heard the talk about how Lucas had always planned 9 movies total. Thus, I had always entertained the idea of what those movies would be about.

After seeing all 6 of the movies now released, I tend to want to see the rise of the New Republic & Luke Skywalker leading the rebuild of the Jedi Order.

[Please keep in mind that I have NOT YET read any of the Expanded Universe novels.] I have heard of the mighty threat of the Yuzhan Vong (spelling?). I can't speak with an educated guess but, just from what I've heard, I'm guessing they would translate well as a great new conflict for the Star Wars good guys & gals.

In my heart & mind, Luke would be like the new Yoda, recruiting those attuned to the Force (or with the potential to be) from the very young to the not-so-young. [With most of the Jedi dead, I think Luke would be hard pressed to change recruitment practices.] Leia would be busy at work rebuilding the Republic.

Me, I'd love to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford (what are the odds?), Billy Dee Williams & all our other long-time favorites reprise their roles.

Anyone else out there feel the same way? Am curious to know.

If George doesn't want to do it, I wonder if he'd let his son (Jett?) do it once he's old enough. Or, perhaps, Spielberg?

Curious to know other peoples' thoughts on this.

Jay Tee

2. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut wrote:

"GL says there won't be a 7-9, as Anakin was redeemed in ep 6."

Yes. Sad, sad, sad that he says that ROTJ is the last in the saga. As much as I love Episode VI (It is STILL my favorite of them all), I still wish for VII, VIII & IX.

"HOWEVER, with Han Solo at the ripe age of 62, any post Ep6 episodes will have to be centered on the life and times of the children of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, and the next generation of the jedi."

I think the films could still present our long-time favorite characters in situations that are still interesting & still have great character development, even in their older age. [Keep in mind that Harrison Ford is supposed to be starring in a 4th Indiana Jones movie!.........] In agreement with you, though, that it would be interesting to see the next generation (& perahps even Han & Leia's grandkids?) in a sequel trilogy.

I heard Han & Leia had 3 children in the books. Twins (a boy,Jacen & a girl, Jaina?) and another boy, Anakin Solo. I think I heard all 3 of them were trained in the Jedi arts.

Time for me to start reading all the EU books..........

So many out there. So much to learn.

MTFBWY

Jay Tee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.