main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think it would be great to have this story filmed over 50+ years that spans the timeframe, with actors getting old. Stories get rebooted, or actors replaced to keep them forever young... James Bond.

But if in 2060 Daisy Ridley is playing an aged matriarch, of course I won't be here to see it, that would be something unique.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I'm looking forward to the STAR WARS versions of The Final Frontier and License to Kill. [face_sick]
    :bb8: :c3po:

JEDI-RISING, StoneRiver and GregMcP like this.
  3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think if that day ever comes.. it will be a sad day indeed and a great experience lost.

4. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope that day does not come either. I want Episodes X-XII be an epic moviegoing experience like the OT, the PT and soon the ST. And I hope as I said before they come out as early as 2021,2023 and 2025. And I hope they announce plans for them at D23 this weekend.

starocean90 and EviL_eLF like this.
  5. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    even making X-XII is probably a lame idea but if they announce it this weekend before VII is even out that'd be even worse. if in 1999 they said 'oh hey episode VII comes out in 2007' people wouldn't be as hyped as they are now (releasing them so close takes away the special 'once a generation' vibe) and watching star wars would start to feel like a chore. that's the direction they are risking going in anyway I guess. when I saw that one post (don't remember who it was) who had fifty years planned out with a film each year I was just like 'ugh who gaf about this ****'.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  6. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    That was me! MillenniumFalcon2015! And I'm proud of my potential list of future SW films for the next 50 years. Call me the Nostradamus of Star Wars!!

carlcockatoo likes this.
  7. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    They should chill and wait with announcing anything related to Ep X-XII.

8. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    We all know that Colin Trevorrow has been confirmed to be the director of Episode IX. But on the website action movie addicts.com. It was said that he has been confirmed to direct Episode IX "as the last episode of the first sequel trilogy". Did they confirm that Episodes X-XII are happening after all. And Gabriel at Twitter is right after all. I'm disappointed that Episodes X-XII weren't announced at D23 this weekend. But there's always SW celebration in April 2017 before Episode VIII comes out or in April 2019 before Episode IX comes out. But then there's always SW celebration Europe in 2016.

9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hmmm. So we'd probably get Episode 10 by 2021, right?

10. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that Gabriel doesn't know anything, but I'm 100% sure that Episodes 10-11-12 will happen.

But I do expect a break between the 2 trilogies.

Redimet, PymParticles , TX-20 and 2 others like this.
  11. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think that Episodes X-XII are definite and will be made in the near future because I think that the Jedi Order will increase throughout the ST but not that much. I think that Luke will train Rey and Finn but Luke will likely die in the climax of Episode IX. So he will pass on the rebuilding of the New Jedi Order onto Rey and Finn and the Jedi Order will increase into an order of thousands of knights but likely that will not happen until the SST(Episodes X-XII) which will be set likely a few years after Episode IX and Rey and Finn will have trained a new order of thousands of Jedi to defeat a new Sith army that will likely be teased about in Episode IX or perhaps an extragalactic invasion that will be the new enemy of Episodes X-XII the SST.

12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I expect they won't announce an episode 10 until after the release of episode 9. Surely they want 9 to be seen as the climax of this trilogy and all the more epic for it being so. Whereas if people know that 10 is definitely coming a few years later then it deflates some of the urgency to see 9.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Announcing Episodes X-XII before even the release of Episode VII, let alone Episode IX, would completely take away from the impact of VII-IX as a trilogy. I mean, it would just be the biggest mistake. We don't even know where Episode IX will leave us narratively; we don't know who lives and dies, what state the Galaxy is in, etc. An immediate follow-up might take away from that ending, and an announcement prior to seeing it definitely would. If X-XII are made, let the Saga rest for a bit. Give it a bit of cool down time, and let the standalone films and a potential Old Republic/Legacy-inspired trilogy fill the gap if need be. Disney want to make a return on their investment, obviously (that investment will probably be returned by TFA alone), but I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is stupid enough not to realize there's value in scarcity. The last thing I want to see them do is run Star Wars into the ground with too much too fast; we might dig it as hardcore fans, but we're a margin of the films' box office gross. As excited as I am for The Force Awakens and its two sequels, as well as for Rogue One, the Han Solo film, and the likely Boba Fett movie, I'm also kind of scared of how they're going to handle the franchise from a film-standpoint, which, at the end of the day, is all that really matters to the general public, meaning it's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things.

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've always wanted to see SW really become an authentic modern myth, and formally speaking, something truly epic like 21 episodes would really do the job.

I can't see SW ever losing its relevancy to our culture considering its focus on war, technology, and our spiritual tension with both.

15. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    You'll see the entire saga rebooted, 1 through 9, at some point. By the time Disney is done squeezing the life blood from this once sacred stone, every major character will have been recast two or three times.

16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Disney IMO will never touch the first six episodes. The OT is a masterpiece that people both young and old worship. If they ever reboot it, fans from around the world would storm the princess castle and hang the mouse from it. And what would be the point of redoing the PT? I think Disney just wants to forget those ever happened and just move on to better material.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Definitely no reboot or remakes for ST in the hear future. I would only prefer if they did an interquel trilogy set between ROTJ and TFA with new younger actors playing the OT3 about the Battle of Jakku and some other early battles between the First Order and the Resistance that might be referenced in TFA and Episodes VIII and IX.

By the way what does anybody think of my theory that the New Jedi Order won't increase into hundreds or thousands until the SST(Episodes X-XII) and that they might be trained by Rey and Finn in the SST or in between the ST and the SST?

18. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    I know it's out of his hands now so maybe it's a bit silly for me to approach it this way, but I think for me it depends on whether GL ever even had an inkling of these in mind. We know he planned VII-IX so I'm cool with that, those were always in the works and now we're getting to see them. But if he didn't conceive of episodes post-IX then I'm not sure if I want those.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Get out.

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Think about this! They announced a Sequel Trilogy long before ROTJ came out. And then of course the ST was cancelled for many years until 2012 when Lucas should Lucasfilm to Disney. I don't think announcing Episodes X-XII long before Episode IX comes out would cease the impact of Episode IX because we don't know possibly which of the new ST characters will either die or turn to the dark side. For all we know Rey or Finn could turn to the dark side and become a Sith Lord in Episode IX and would perhaps be redeemed by a possible offspring of Rey,Finn or Poe in the Episodes X,XI or XII. That is if Rey has kids with Poe or Finn in Episode IX.

21. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    I hate to nitpick, but it wasn't cancelled until 2012. GL has said that he'd planned to make Episode VII all along, and was going to do so on his own and then sell Lucasfilm, but the people who live in the valley where he wanted to build a film studio to shoot Episode VII all protested and threatened to sue him, so he ended up selling it without shooting E7. That's my understanding of what happened, anyway.

22. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    This is why as much as I didn't like the prequels, what I did like about Lucas is I think he would've protected against the over-milking of the franchise.

Sadly, while I do think Disney will do a decent-good job with this trilogy, they will also inevitably milk the franchise like a cheap cow.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The main reason why I think Star Wars is safe from that over-milking feeling is that, unlike many other universes, there are no limits to the time and setting that you can use. Many other franchises have only a few decades to focus their main work in, mostly set on one planet. With Star Wars, you can have the basic feel and atmosphere of Star Wars and set it a few thousand years before the movies. It can look radically different and still be Star Wars. You can tell any story you want at any point in the timeline.

This freedom, if used wisely, will protect Star Wars from feeling like too much of the same stuff over and over.

TK327, Force Smuggler and dekaneas like this.
  24. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm fine with have 10 11 and 12 but I hope they have a nice long break in between trilogies.

25. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Hellhammer do you think Episodes X-XII should be released as early as 2021 through 2025 or wait a few years and have it out in 2025 or 2027? I personally want Episode X to come out in 2021. Because I want to see what will be done with the new ST characters Poe,Rey and Finn. Will any of these characters turn to the dark side or will Rey get together with Poe or Finn and have kids ans their kids will be the heroes of the SST and face a new enemy like an alien invasion armada from the Unknown Regions or outside the galaxy like in NJO or a planetary seperatist movement like in Legacy of the Force?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.