main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah I agree that episode 9 should end the Skywalker saga, and that Ep X should maybe take place 100 or so years later with a fully re-established Jedi Order. Either that, or just begin a brand Enewetak trilogy.

2. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I suspect that Colin Trevorrow's Episode IX might not only set the stage for another trilogy(Episodes X-XII) but also another war after the war of the ST and possibly a new antagonist. I think it could be similar to when the Green Lantern comic book story arc The Sinestro Corps War ended with a teaser for the next arc The Blackest Night. Perhaps in Episode IX or at the end of Episode IX. It could set a teaser for a future war to be fought by an older Rey and Finn a few years after Episode IX against a future antagonist to be revealed in a post-credits scene at the end of IX. It may say "Coming in 2021 Star Wars:Episode X:The Second Order".

Or how about "Coming in 2021 Star Wars:Episode X:Invasion of the Far Outsiders". Referring to the Yuuzhan Vong or the extragalactic threat coming in the fourth trilogy.

3. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I wonder if there will be hundreds of Jedi Knights going up against hundreds of Sith Warriors or hundreds of Ren Knights in the ST. But I suspect there will only be Rey and Finn becoming full Jedi Knights by Episode IX. If there won't be a massive army of Jedis going up against a massive army of Sith Warriors or Ren Knights in the ST. Then I think we could see a massive braveheart-like battle between Jedis and Sith or Ren Knights in Episodes X-XII the SST which I suspect will come out in 2021 through 2025. People are suspecting Colin Trevorrow will set the stage for Episodes X-XII in Episode IX.

4. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I hope not. That many lightsaber-wielders in one place just looks like a rave. :)

Jedi and Sith (or Ren) should be relatively scarce, IMO. Massive armies should be made up of regular people, not superheroes.

danmcken likes this.
  5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    But wouldn't having hundreds or thousands of Jedi Knights would be the Jedi Order restored to it's former glory? I think that the rebuilding of the Jedi Order with hundreds or thousands of Jedi won't happen until Episodes X-XII and that task could fall to either Luke who would have to survive Episode IX or an older and wiser Rey and Finn. An army of Jedi Knights should also have a massive fleet of warships and starfighters to take on invincible threats like a new Sith army or Sith armada or what if the Knights of Ren will get their own armada of ships to strike at the Jedi and/or Republic/Resistance? This should be a must for if not the ST then definitely the SST.

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm hoping the new team of writers takes the future of the Jedi in an entirely different direction. A small, shadowy, covert, de-centralized Order, that operates on the fringes for the most part, and intervenes in human affairs only under grave circumstances. No more Jedi schools, malls and high-end yoga studios. I want them lurking in old temples on remote worlds.

danmcken likes this.
  7. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    You mean only operate in the Outer Rim and not the entire galaxy?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well at least the saga has a definite beginning not so much an end though

I think there is much more to do with Anthologies then another trilogy.

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    No. I mean they would, for the most part, be scattered across remote planets. They would live and wander in those places, growing stronger in the force as they aged. And they would be disconnected from formal political structures. But when they do decide to act, either individually or collectively, they can do that anywhere. Including in the core systems. But still quietly and without too much fanfare.

Ascetic ninjas, basically. Or ronin.

Rodie, danmcken and littlewaves like this.
  10. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I think they should wait with making Episode X-XII until Ridley and Boyega reach their 40's, which will be sometime around 2032. Hell, Oscar Isaac would be 53 at that time!

Up until then, Disney could instead chose to produce an Old Republic trilogy while we're waiting for Ridley and Boyega to "grow up". More Anthology movies could satisfy the fans needs in the meanwhile aswell.

....unless they chose to make Episode X-XII direct sequels, with Episode X taking place just a few years after Episode IX. OR they could make them take place hundreds of years after Episode IX and therefore disregard the need to wait for the actors to grow old since they would all be dead by then in the timeline anyway.

There's also another possibility.

While waiting for the actors of the ST to grow old, Disney will instead produce Episode XIII-XV (13-15), which will focus on the old children of Rey/Finn/Poe. And then once the ST actors reach their 40's or even 50's, they will produce a prequel trilogy to Episodes XIII-XV which would then be Episode X-XII. The old children of Rey/Finn/Poe in Episodes XIII-XV would have to be recast as young children though.

11. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I think the first half of your post is certainly the more likely especially if the old republic trilogy sets up something for X-XII.
    However your second possibility is certainly interesting. It would throw up the same problems that I-III had though in that they could only work towards a pretty predefined conclusion for that trilogy so they wouldn't have much freedom.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I can't even think about these films yet...!

13. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I agree, but it would be pretty awesome to have the first trilogy (PT) mirroring the last (FT) by having new actors portraying earlier lead characters, and the middle three trilogies (OT, ST, SST) being the only trilogies that have the same actors portraying lead characters.

It's like poetry, it rhymes. George Lucas would love it!

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Disney is going to continue the "Skywalker Saga" with a new trilogy X-XII, then they need to do three things:

1. Wait at least 5-6 years between Episodes 9 and 10. I prefer they wait 8 years, so that Episode 10 arrives in 2027 on the 50th Anniversary of the original film!
    2. In-universe, skip the timeline ahead at least a decade, if not more.
    3. Introduce at least two new protagonists, even if Rey, Finn and Poe are still relatively young (though aged up some with makeup) and ghost Luke is still making cameos.

If they do that, then I'm all for it. But really Episode 12 should definitely be the end of the Skywalker Saga. I love James Bond, but Star Wars is a different beast. Closure is a good thing, and 12 films—6 from Lucas and 6 from Filmmakers Inspired by Lucas—seems balanced and is plenty!

I'd even be for Kylo returning in some capacity, if he's only wounded and captured at the end of 9, then seeing him in a new state and finding out where his allegiances lie and how his character changes once captured would be a very interesting aspect to Episode 10. Snoke and the Knights of Ren need to be defeated though to bring closure to the ST.

If the Resistance is in a very fragile state throughout the ST, it makes sense that we get another trilogy about the early days of the New Republic, finally see the flourishing of Luke's Jedi students, and the government and era formed after the last remnants of the Empire are defeated in Episode 9. Plenty of room for drama and enemies that rise without them being tied closely with the old Empire.

If Rey is Han and Leia's daughter, I'd like to see Luke have a son as a baby or small child in Episode 9. Then Episode 10 skips ahead to when Luke's son is 18.

If Rey is Luke's daughter, I'd like to see a roguish Han-Leia daughter introduced in Episode 8, and in this case Episode 10 does not have to skip ahead 18 or so years for Luke's son to age up. They can skip just 10 years in the movie timeline, 8 years in real time to 2027 [face_dancing]

15. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    This would be the logical direction to take the Jedi order , reforming a massive and centralized order would be just repeating the mistakes of the past.

16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I agree, I like this direction for the Jedi to take. But at the same time I still think to be effective in the GFFA, they still need much greater numbers then a handful of Luke apprentices. And I don't think large numbers has to mean centralized and sterile and the Yoda/Mace Jedi Council 2.0.

The goal should be to have several dozen, if not a hundred fully trained Jedi Knights, each operating alone or in very small groups to service justice and improve the galaxy. It's a huge place! Maybe they only meet up in one place every few years, and the rest of the time they are like nomad warrior priests. I just don't see how 4 or 5 Jedi can be Luke's end game.

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed that numbers should eventually exceed 4-5. I like the idea of a roundtable of 12 knights. Or, perhaps, a 47 ronin situation.

18. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I think this is actually what we're actually getting with the Knights of Ren....

19. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    The Sith were successful enough with only two so a handful of Jedi should be more than enough. They should be like a myth staying in the shadows only appearing to help those in need then disappearing again.They should be the bad guys boogeyman

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  20. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Yup. Anything to prevent going back to this again:

[​IMG]

21. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    As long as John Williams can become super-human and is able to stick around AND write the music for said fourth trilogy, then, by all means, go for it!

Otherwise... I'd rather stick to expanding the Anthology at that point. I just can see a main title SW without ole Johnny.

22. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I love John Williams. His score is so permanently etched in my mind that it runs through my mind at least once a day.

But one of my favorite stretches of the Star Wars saga - the early scenes out in the snow on Hoth with the tauntauns - essentially has no music. Just wind and sound effects.

I think the saga could suffer a little without Williams. But ultimately, a good replacement will be found when the time comes.

23. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    They won't wait for actors to age to make a fourth trilogy. There's too much money to be made.

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I personally hope that they end the Skywalker Saga with Episode IX and that if they're going to continue they make a Second Saga or another saga in another time period. It's sad and weird to think that after the Sequel trilogy we're no longer going to have John Williams doing the score or Kenny Baker, Peter, Harrison and Anthony in the movies. I truly feel like the Sequel Trilogy should end the Saga so it doesn't get ruined by an endless flow of Sequels. That way the Skywalker saga can stay unique for all time with it's unique score and cast :)

Jair Crawford and carlcockatoo like this.
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the Skywalkers are basically myth/legends, the more the better. Let them continue the family generational story for decades to come. I just feel like the Skywalker Saga will be the only SW stories to actually focus on real family and that feel like Biblical sized stories and that the rest will be like Rebels the type of story where a group of people come together and supposedly become a family which isn't close to being the same thing or same feel of the stories. But I do agree after IX do a trilogy set in the far past take a break from the Saga and then come back to it with Episode X by 2027, the 50th anniversary.[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.