main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

that's just 'cause rebels is awful lol.

it's totally possible to make a good 'non-skywalker' film.

JabbatheHumanBeing I think the jedi could operate in densely populated areas too. like a small underground thing. they gather in temples that are kind of hidden and unassuming from the outside. that kind of thing.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I hope they go back and make a Prequel Saga. I think the potential incredible with regard to an open canvas.

3. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Only way to go is forward. The entire franchise has become one giant retcon, Ep7 is at least refreshing in that it doesn't try to cram more unbelievable events into the time prior to the OT.

The main saga will continue linearly from here. Anthology stories will remain one offs in random time periods.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    don't see how Rebels being good or awful has to do with my post. I'm talking about how I think we will get stories mostly about random characters coming together and becoming a family (like Rebels). Which I'm saying isn't the same thing as a story about a real family and never will be. Also never said they can't make a good non-skywalker film just that I doubt they will be like the Skywalker Saga which are about family/generational stories whose's stories are like Biblical/myth/legends.:)

nightangel likes this.
  5. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

eh not really disagreeing with you but I think a lot of this depends on the viewer's mindset. imo 'family' stuff is kind of artificial. like the idea that once you're related suddenly it becomes so much more important or w/e. I think luke and han's interactions are just as interesting as luke and vader's for example. what makes the family thing great in the ot is that they play on this theme and it sort of reflects a societal shift. in the original star wars we don't even know who's related to who. the 'family' theme isn't even a thing. then in esb we find out that darth vader is luke's father and it's like, lol, now luke's gonna get all sympathetic just 'cause they're related now? clearly he's more close to the people who aren't his 'real' family. but the ot addresses this in a sort of self-aware thing. most of these characters aren't even related to each other yet they have a stronger bond than actual family. it's specific to luke and anakin's arcs which doesn't have to be the central focus point of the entire saga (of course leia is related too but they tacked that on in the lamest way possible. :p ). so I guess the ot is an interesting family story, but it also shows that blood ties aren't everything. it's a great concept but imo at least it shouldn't define star wars as a whole.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Never said it should define SW as the whole since we are getting anthology movie and I even said for them to take a break from the Skywalkers before coming back to them. Just saying I'm more interested in the story of a real family over random characters. All 6 movies were about family and the ST is still according to KK about the Skywalkers so still focused on the real family theme.:)

nightangel likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yet.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

don't worry I get you.

I know it's going to be about that and I'm not complaining about it or anything. I'm just saying going forward after the st (I hope the 'saga' ends) it doesn't have to be that way. I love the generation theme in star wars, but I prefer if it wasn't limited to one 'real' family. side note: I think 'real' family in a social sense is kinda a false construct and I think it reflects a somewhat arrogant trait in our society where anyone not related to us is 'not important' or 'random'.

moving on, gonna drop a total #fanfiction post: if I were writing this story, star wars would be a generational story for sure, and everything would flow together via characters who have some sort of ties. of course newer characters with no previous ties would come along too. kinda like this:

PT= Obi Wan as main protagonist.
    OT= Luke as main protagonist.
    ST= Rey/Finn as dual protagonists. (in this scenario unrelated).

the skywalkers would be present in each of the three trilogies, but the focus (in terms of protagonists) would shift so this is a generational story about a wider group of people i.e. not everything revolves around the skywalkers. each trilogy has its own standalone arc, e.g. the ot would have the skywalkers at the core, but it's layered with the other trilogies which have an overarching skywalker story even if they are not the main protagonists. so basically a very layered overall saga that is tied together by many people and themes (especially the wars themselves), but it's not out of focus because each trilogy has its own 'contained' stories going on. idk if this even makes sense but this is how I would set it up moving forward (of course too late on the pt but you get my point). maybe to better explain this, obi-wan would cease to be the main protagonist by the ot, but he would still have an ot arc of his own. it'd be a similar thing for skywalker characters.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    until they make an SST with the new 3, if the ST is a massive hit and people want more and just like how the original ST was supposed to be about more stories about the OT3 but Lucas never did those stories and we got an ST with new characters instead and decades later.Now with Lucas gone Disney/Lucasfilm can make more stories with the same characters. Wait awhile and have 30s Rey/Finn and 40s Poe with new characters too.:)

just because someone isn't part of a family doesn't mean they are not important to the story (look at Kenobi and Finn) and the point of me saying random is that how am I supposed to know the names of future non Skywalker character so they are random new characters.

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    It is a pity that Lucas never did the original planned ST with a 30-40 years old Luke. I really hope we get at least an animation series of these stories in the future. [face_praying]

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Sure, I just prefer most of them going the "ascetic" route, living at the top of mountains, in dense jungles, etc. I imagine the younger Jedi would be more active, operating in discrete "cells" in some populated centers.

12. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I think that we might not see a full New Jedi Order by not the ST but the SST. Here's why:

1.Episode VII TFA Rey and Finn are introduced and taken under the wing of an Older Luke Skywalker.

2.Episode VIII Rey and Finn train under Luke to become Jedi Knights to take down Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren and the First Order. Rey or Finn lose limbs either a hand or an arm similar to Luke in TESB.

3.Episode IX Rey and Finn are now full fledged Jedi Knights and take down the First Order and Kylo Ren. Kylo is defeated as well as the First Order in the final space and land battle but not the Knights of Ren and other Imperial Factions like the Second Order and the Third Order. Luke will likely be killed off in he final battle against Kylo Ren.

4.Episode X It's five to ten years after Episode IX and Rey and Finn are now Jedi Masters training a new Jedi Army. The Jedi order has increased to dozens of Knights and the Knights of Ren has also increased to an army of dozens of knights and have also now have a vast armada of ships to take down the Jedi and the New Republic. The New Jedi Order have a fleet of upgraded X-Wings and the New Republic have a vast fleet of ships and take on the Knights of Ren Fleet as well as a new Imperial Faction the Second Order and their fleet. A space battles takes place and the Jedi and the Republic acheive temporary victory against their enemies. Similar to ANH. Rey has kids with either Finn or Poe Dameron and they become the new heroes.

5.Episode XI The Jedi and the New Republic face dark times as the Knights of Ren fleet and Second Order take over 50% of New Republic Space. The new heroes(Rey's kids) battle the new Leader of the Knights of Ren. One of them becomes a Ren Knight.

6.Episode XII The Jedi and New Republic seek allies with the Mandalorian fleet and the Hapan fleet to take on the Knights of Ren armada and Second Order armada in a final battle.The Jedi Order have increased to a total of 100 Jedi Knights similar to NJO. Rey and Finn try to redeem one of their kids now a Ren Knight from the dark side. The Jedi and Republic eventually defeat the Knights of Ren and the Second Order in a final land and space battle much similar to the Battle of Endor in ROTJ. The kids of Rey and Finn or Poe become full Jedi Knights and set to have new adventures in Episodes XIII-XV.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I can't believe we're a year and seven months' out, and still no Episode 8 teaser. Damn you, Rian Johnson!

14. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I mean, the marketing is already starting for Batman v Rainbow Dash, and that isn't out until 2043.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm looking forward to episode 58

Krueger likes this.
  16. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    It's going to happen. Question is, when. I agree with others in that I don't have a problem with it, but I hope they wait several years after IX before jumping into a new trilogy.

17. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Here are some possible story arcs for Episodes X-XII. Even though TFA and the ST isn't out yet. Here are some plot ideas for the SST and some of these are battles from the EU:

1.The Second Order rises! Even though the First Order was defeated in Episode IX (or maybe defeated in IX) another Imperial Faction comes to stalk the Galaxy called the Second Order. The Republic and Jedi and their allies join forces to stop the new enemy throughout the SST. Finn and Rey are now older and wiser Jedi Masters who train a new Jedi army and Armada to confront the Second Order.

2.Alien invasion either the Yuuzhan Vong or the Swarm War(Chiss-Killik Boarder War)

An alien invasion stalks the GFFA and the Republic and First Order and the Jedi and the Sith join forces to stop the alien menace in Episodes X through XII The kids of Rey and Finn come into their own to become Jedi and confront the UR threat.

3.Nuso Esva and his Eastern Fleet invades the galaxy

An alien warlord from the Unknown Regions begins to conquer the GFFA and the Republic and the Jedi including Poe, Rey and Finn and their kids seek allies with a Chiss warlord from the Unknown Regions a Grand Admiral Thrawn.

4.Corellian Confederation/Second Galactic Civil War

Corellia forms a confederation of worlds to withdraw from the New Republic and battles the NR to seek independence in the galaxy. One of the kids of Rey and Finn turns to the dark side and becomes a Knight of Ren and is redeemed by Rey and Finn and his siblings in Episode XII.

5.Knights of Ren Armada

The Knights of Ren build their own armada of ships and strike at the New Jedi Order and the New Republic.The New Republic seeks allies with the Mandalorian Fleet and Hapan Fleet to battle the dark menacing Armada of the Ren. Rey and Finn become powerful Jedi Masters and their kids come into their own in Episode XII and also at the climax of Episode XII the Knights of Ren armada is defeated and Rey and Finn become one with the force.

6.Mandalorian Uprising

The Mandalorians build up a powerful Armada of Bes'ulliks and Tra'kads to strike at the New Republic and Jedi Order. Rey and Finn's kids become great pilots as well as Jedi Knights to stop the Mandalorians.

Either way I hope Disney/LFL will use any of these plot ideas or story arcs for the SST(Episodes X-XII) which I hope will come out in 2021 through 2025.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is that the one when Palpatine passes his essence into the body of an Ithorian?

StoneRiver likes this.
  19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    What does anybody think of my plot ideas for Episodes X-XII the SST? I think we may know that the plot for the ST will be the war between The Reistance vs.The First Order. Anybody have any plot ideas for the SST they like to share?

I also hope that Episode IX will set something up for the SST(Episodes X-XII) like Rey getting together with Finn and having kids or another secret Imperial Faction hiding in the Unknown Regions the Second Order waiting to terrorize the Galaxy or the Killiks or Yuuzhan Vong or Nuso Esva preparing their fleets and invade the GFFA or a planetary confederation preparing to battle the New Republic. (Corellian Confederation anyone?)

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    According to the Star Wars Lostworlds website that featured such cancelled projects as the novels Heart of the Jedi and Legacy of Doom. There was a section about the ST which is being made now of course. It mentioned that the ST would feature the Rebuilding of the Republic and Luke as a Jedi Master rebuilding the Jedi Order but also Luke would have a son that turned to the dark side and Luke would have to save him from the dark side and a villian who was frozen in carbonite for sixty years since the PT era and becomes the villian of the ST.

But what fascinated me was it mentioned the SST(Episodes X-XII) and that it would feature the continuing adventures of Luke's son and would determine the fate of the Skywalker family and conclude the Journal of the Whills. If Finn turns out to be Luke's son. Than his mother would be african-american and there could be another trilogy (Episodes X-XII) with Luke and Rey and Finn and would conclude the story of the Skywalker family. Not the ST but the SST.

nightangel likes this.
  21. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I love the Vong.

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I think 100% we will get an animated PG feature film that takes place between ROTJ and TFA and features Luke, Han, Leia and Lando "in their prime." Maybe something set 4-5 years after ROTJ rather than a timeline closer to TFA. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamill and Williams lent their voices to it.

Lucasfilm can start printing money now.

nightangel likes this.
  23. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Better another trilogy than a REBOOT/REMAKE. I think/hope/pray that Disney has more sense than to do that, but something BIG is going to happen in 2027 for the 50th anniversary. You can bet the house on that.

By then, the sequel trilogy and the three planned side stories will be in the books for what, like 6-7 years? Maybe they take a break in the films until that magical date. But something is hitting theaters Memorial Day weekend, 2027, with the Star Wars logo on it.

24. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    After the ST I want to see a trilogy set thousands of years before the main saga.

B99 and Team Padme like this.
  25. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Do you think if Disney/LFL does Episodes X-XII. Will they do Episodes XIII-XV sometime around 2037(the 60th anniversary of SW) with the further adventures of the children of Rey and perhaps Finn and Poe Dameron? If the ST is to deal with the OT3 passing on the torch to next Big 3 Rey,Finn and Poe and they will be the heroes of the SST. Then the SST will be about Rey,Finn and Poe passing on the torch to their kids who will be the heroes of Episodes XIII-XV. If the SST would be released in 2027 SW's 50th anniversary(Though I hope it would be made and come out in 2021 through 2025)then the SSST could be released in 2037(SW's 60th anniversary).

Having the SST come out from 2021 through 2025 however would have many advantages. It could make up for the ST we wanted with Luke in his 30s or 40s. Instead it could feature a slightly older Rey,Finn and Poe in their 30s starting to train new Jedi Knights and the trilogy could end with Episode XII with them just turning 40. That trilogy could of course be based on either NJO with an alien invasion from the Unknown Regions or a planetary confederation armada based on Legacy of the Force. And then around 2037(SW's 60th anniversary) LFL could come out with Episodes XIII-XV with a much older,wiser Poe,Rey and Finn with Rey and Finn leading an army of hundreds of thousands of new Jedi Knights and their own armada of ships against a new Sith army possibly a Lost Tribe of the Sith or a One Sith armada with their own armada of ships. That would of course be based on Fate of the Jedi or maybe even the now cancelled Sword of the Jedi book series or the Legacy comics.

I think the Skywalker SW saga should end with Episode 15 giving it the feel of the old 15-chapter movie serials of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers which Lucas based SW on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.