main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Which, in all likelyhood, will consist of 12 episodes. After that, I see no reason for them to continue the Skywalker saga.

PT I-III: Anakin Skywalker

OT IV-VI: Anakin's children, Luke and Leia

ST VII-IX: Anakin's grandchildren, Rey and Kylo

SST X-XII: Anakin's great-grandchildren OR descendants of the Skywalkers in the far future

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  2. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

what you have to remember is that whoever plays Anakin's great-grandchildren OR descendants of the Skywalkers in the far future will eventually get old as will their young fans.

We will all die and those younger fans will say 'hey wouldn't it be great if the guys from X-XII made another trilogy?'

Disney will in all probability still exist and still own Star Wars and so they'll make new movies

Unless they just reboot and start again. The beauty of the generational saga though is they actually don't really need to reboot. They can just more or less tell the same story with a few changes and get away with it saying that history repeats itself thus having a soft reboot of sorts. So if Anakin's great great grandchild gets seduced by a sith and they start an empire together then 20 years later Anakin's great great great grandchild (who has been hidden in the outer rim) can take up the call to adventure and team up with a scoundrel and a princess and fight the good fight.

3. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Lol. The tagline for the teaser poster would probably be "History repeats itself".

4. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    A forth trilogy Spaceballs 2 the search for more money comes to mind.

5. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    No it would be history repeats itself yet again.
    We could have a Star Trek like plot being stuck in a time-loop.[face_laugh]

6. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I still say Rey goes back in time and literally becomes Shmi.

Probably she gets sucked back in time by the black hole that results from the starkiller killing a star

7. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Interesting setup for fan theories. :p

Here's a photo that shows how a young Shmi with baby Anakin could've looked like:

[​IMG]

Import_Jedi likes this.
  8. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Episode IX could end on a triumphant note with the eventual defeat or redemption of Kylo Ren and the defeat of the Knights of Ren and the First Order or whatever Imperial Faction could replace the First Order in Episodes VIII and IX. But just as the galaxy is finally entering an era of peace. A Post-Credits scene could show a new threat rising in either the Unknown Regions or here's a region of space that should see action on the big screen. I'm talking about the Corporate Sector from the original Han Solo novels by Brian Daley. A Threat in the Corporate Sector would make an awesome plot for the SST(Episodes X-XII). It could similar to the last OT3 novel Crucible about a corporate takeover of the galaxy with the Mandalorians and their fleet of warships and Bes'uliik starfighters coming in to team up with the Corporate Sector Authority who have become evil and want to take over the galaxy. While Finn,Rey,Poe and the new generation can explore the CS and find legacies or threats in fortresses on distant planets and moons left behind by either Palpatine or the Knights of Ren. The Coprorate Sector Authority or a new Sith Faction would of course be defeated in a massive space battle in Episode XII similar to ROTJ and the upcoming Episode IX.

9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The threat of the SST I think should be a threat only the Jedi could solve. And they would of course need their own armada of warships and starfighters to help defeat it too. And of course it could be a threat from the Unknown Regions and be force related too with their own fleet of ships.

B99 likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  11. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    You Won't Live to See the Final Star Wars Movie

A fascinating look about the future of the franchise filmmaking, and how Star Wars' specific elements make it tailor-made to go on forever. Its not tied up in one actor playing Iron Man, no reboots like James Bond, no finite amount of stories to source from like Middle-Earth. Its an imaginative space fantasy that can go anywhere in the universe, star anybody, the old actors and characters passing the torch to the new ones.

12. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    After Lucas' s recent comments I no longer care about any of his plans

The story OR the exact number of films

And I'm a prequel defender (I acknowledge that the ot surpasses them in every way but they have things I like)

Import_Jedi likes this.
  13. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

The fact that the new actors for the ST are fairly young, and we won't have the same time gap between this and the next trilogy make easier to have the main Characters in TFA still be the main guys in episode 10-11-12, mainly the Skywalkers if they get alive out of episode 9

14. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    What's the worst thing that could happen if Episodes X-XII come out in 2021,2023,2025? A lot of people would prefer to see an Old Republic Trilogy or maybe an Obi-Wan or Darth Vader trilogy first. But I would prefer if Episodes X-XII came out in 2021 through 2025 because I prefer the OT/ST era and I want to see what happens to the galaxy and the Jedi and the Skywalker family after Episode IX ASAP.

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren likes this.
  15. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

I think The Old Republic is awesome, but i feel would take a lot of explaining for the average casual fan, i think the Old Republic would function better if there's a TV Live Action series in Neflix fist, explaining the context to the general audience

16. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Episodes X-XII has been somewhat almost guaranteed on Screenrant as it has been mentioned in a recent article Star Wars the Biggest changes

Here is a link to the article: www.screenrant.com/star-wars-biggest-changes-disney-movies-TV-comics/

and the other one: www.screenrant.com/star-wars-7-trailer-discussion-easter-eggs/?view=all

and here's another on Cheat Sheet: www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/should-star-wars-be-a-forever-franchise.html/?a=viewall

I hope that the fourth trilogy(Episodes X-XII) will be like the renaissance age in Issac Asimov's Foundation series and has Intergalactic travel and encouters an Intergalactic Empire or Republic as well as some new Intergalactic enemies like the Yuuzhan Vong or even Intergalactic allies as well.

I think the two perfect release dates for the SST(Episodes X-XII) are either:

Episode X 2021 or Episode X 2023
    Episode XI 2023 Episode XI 2025
    Episode XII 2025 Episode XII 2027

Option 1.We would have the SST ASAP.

Option 2.There would be time to write and develop the SST or time maybe for Daisy Ridley and John Boyega to do other projects and we would have a couple of extra SW anthology films before Episode X.

B99 likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm down with (option 2)!

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Ha, of course there will be! It's like the original Yoda song from Weird Al: "they'll be making these movies 'til the end of time!"

Also for those struggling I already said this in the box office thread.

We have the PT, OT, and ST. After that it's the 4T, 5T, etc. Keeps it just as short and makes perfect sense ;)

19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Though I would prefer Option 1. Option 2 would be good as long we don't have to wait a decade for Episodes X-XII. We could still have Episode X out in 2023 and Episode XI in 2025 as long as Episode XII comes out in 2027(the golden anniversary of SW). We could have Episode X but only four years after Episode IX is out. Either way we'll have a major Skywalker episode on the 50th anniversary of ANH.

Also when Episode IX does come out in 2019. I wonder if we'll have an ongoing series of novels set years after Episode IX from DelRey with the new characters from the ST Poe,Rey and Finn? And by the time we approach the release of Episode X in 2021 or 2023. Will there be a journey to Episode X series of novels like the Aftermath trilogy from DR or just one lead-in novel to Episode X?

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think when Episode IX comes out hopefully in May 2019. We should get some plot ideas and rumors about the plot for Episodes X-XII or at least only Episode X. Will Episodes X-XII be confirmed when Episode IX comes out or when Episode VIII comes out?
    Either way we'll get out first Episode X plot rumors online come May 2019.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope they announce them at the end of the trilogy..
    Would be painful to wait yrs to find out..

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    It was a 16 year wait between ROTJ and TPM, and 10+ years between ROTS and TFA. I can be patient [face_cowboy]

MillenniumFalcon2015 and B99 like this.
  23. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Im thinking ix comes in november or december 2019 depending on avatar status disney wont allow a star wars movie and an avengers movie that close to each other

24. SOLARISENSHI

SOLARISENSHI Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2015
    If these films don't have Jacen Solo Darth Caedus you know the New Jedi Order story line from the books I'd be incredibly disappointed even though Disney has Star Wars ideas and movies games/toys TV shows and all matter of multimedia based around or directly on Star Wars supposedly up until 2031 or 2032 the New Jedi Order storyline is what I initially thought episode seven would be when I got announced way back when and then I heard JJ Abrams was directing so I knew that it would be a completely different story line I'm not saying I'm disappointed about the force awakens I'm only concerned about the fans enjoying with they get up until that time and beyond and I know that most people tend to like the New Jedi Order books the directions Star Wars is heading in is much like the Marvel Cinematic Universe where things aren't entirely based off of the source material but heavily inspired

MillenniumFalcon2015 and B99 like this.
  25. SorrowfulEmpire

SorrowfulEmpire Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2015
    That's perfect!

MillenniumFalcon2015 and Bowen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.