main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, the popularity of the main saga supports the argument for having X-XII. That fact was nowhere present in the statement you were actually claiming supports the argument. As far as the popularity of the main saga goes, it remains to be seen if the anthology films or any potential new sagas/trilogies won't be just as successful as, or even more successful than, the main saga movies. In such a case, it makes more sense to exploit the new geyser than pump the old well. It's hardly an inevitability.
    The new Jedi order is established and the New Republic rules the galaxy. The story is brought full circle. The End.

And no one is saying Star Wars won't be continued. They probably won't need to do so with the Saga.

The only thing Iger can be said to be hinting at is more movies/trilogies/maybe sagas. The person referenced by the OP was talking specifically about X-XII. That's where the point of contention is. Not surrounding more movies or trilogies or sagas, but surrounding the needless infinite continuation of this one story told (so far) in 9 chapters.

I actually said both in this thread at different points. I would probably revise the former to say that it is not a foregone conclusion or inevitability.

StoneRiver likes this.
  2. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Please Lucasfilm do make Episodes X-XII!!! I want Episodes X-XII more than I want to see Episodes VII-IX! Sure I'm looking forward to seeing the OT3 and the new cast in TFA and Episodes VIII and IX but I want to see Episodes X-XII(the SST) because I want to see the continuation of the adventures of Rey,Finn and Poe Dameron years after Luke,Han and Leia are long dead and I want the new heroes to battle new villians and/or threats like perhaps an extragalactic invasion from either the Yuuzhan Vong or any enemy from the Unknown Regions and or beyond the GFFA and the Jedi and Sith and even the First Order and the Resistance/New Republic team up to face this new threat to the galaxy and like Episodes III,VI and IX in Episode XII there would be a huge space battle with hundreds of warships and starfighters and land battle with many Jedi and Sith with their lightsabers eventually defeating this new nemy and perhaps Rey sacrifises herself to save the galaxy and becomes a legend and one with the Force.

I hope the SST comes out early as 2021 and ends in 2025. Or if not it begins in 2025 or 2027(SW's 50th golden anniversary). But I prefer the former and I just hope we see the SST(Episodes X-XII) ASAP.

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
  4. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

Corellian Scoundrel likes this.
  5. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Disney is pretty good at this.
    They held off for a long time doing a classic "Princess Movie"

Then after a long break they put out "Frozen" which of course went gangbusters.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    No. Supershadow tried hard. Gabe didn't put any efforts into his lies.

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  7. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    just want to point out that "star wars is forever" could mean like fifty thousand different things.

8. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Yeah, this theory worked out reeeeal well for Supernatural and the Simpsons. Oh and that classic favorite of babysitters everywhere....The Land Before Time. Cuz that's what we're looking at people, Star Wars Before Time!! [face_clown][face_skull]

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Star Wars Episode XL

10. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

the first land before time is legit good for what it is fight me.

haven't watched it since I was five though lol

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Funny The Land Before Time is mentioned. Lucas was involved as a Exec. Producer on it and even helped out with some ideas during story conferances.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

thought about bringing that up. lucas contributes to a good film. sequels don't involve lucas and they are really stupid and really pointless.

see look I don't hate lucas lol.

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    The first one is a nice little animated film. Probably the last Don Bluth film I liked.

14. Jedi with a TARDIS

Mar 4, 2013

Bluth did Land Before Time? There's just something about his movies that give me the creeps, yet I didn't mind Land Before Time. But, now that I think about it, that movie was really depressing for a kids' movie. Yup, I can see that now.

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah Bluth was the director. Lucas and Spielberg helped sponsor it. The Secret of Nimh scared me when I was a kid, especially the Wise Old Owl.

16. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015
    it's one of those movies that should be complete **** yet there's something endearing about it. it's just the animation and sound and overall vibe. I like the original idea of no dialogue just a really beautiful animated film with a bit of a loose story that manages to be really emotional. imagine journey but instead of a video game it's a film and it's with dinosaurs instead.

who wants to make this film with me lol

anyway yeah star wars they shouldn't make the mistake of making way too many films eh?

17. Jedi with a TARDIS

Mar 4, 2013
    Disney beat you to the punch. "Rite of Spring" from Fantasia!

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm greedy because I want more than a TOR trilogy I want a TOR saga! I think it'd be amazing and set up Lucasfilm for decades of moviemaking if they had one trilogy dealing with the rise of the first Sith, one detailing their infighting and eventual fall and finally one focused on Darth Bane and his creation of the Rule of Two. Or at least something along those lines.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think Episodes X-XII should be a necessity for us SW fans because we would like to see the continuing adventures of our new heroes from the ST Poe Dameron,Rey and Finn and to see what the galaxy will be like after the death of Luke and co. and finally see a peaceful galaxy after the Sith are finally defeated or maybe have made peace with the Jedi and the First Order is defeated and has made peace with the Resistance and is back to being the New Republic and has to face an awesome new threat perhaps an extragalactic threat.

Or how about the heroes of the SST have adventures in other galaxies beyond the GFFA and there is an Outbound Flight II or just an Outbound Flight but decades after ROTJ instead of years before ANH. Tim Zahn could do an Outbound Flight reboot novel set years after the ST and sometime before the SST and the GFFA have technology to travel to neighbouring galaxies quickly through an advanced hyperdrive and the heroes from the ST and the next generation heroes from the SST face new threats in these galaxies but encouter new allies or new force sensitive species and increase the New Jedi Order to thousands of new Jedis and perhaps even encounter an Intergalactic Republic and the GFFA become part of this new Intergalactic Republic in Episode XII. This could be the best plot premise to an SST that I could think of. What are your ideas for a plot to the SST people?

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    How nice, you actually suggest peace is not only possible but desirable. We need more people like you. :)

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  21. Jedi with a TARDIS

Mar 4, 2013

But not in the film world, otherwise we'll get "Serenity" and I'm not dealing with Reavers. Nope, nope, nope!

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Indeed.

I'd like to think that, in founding and shaping a new Jedi Order, Luke Skywalker may be laying the foundation for an eventual lasting peace. That Luke and his Jedi will be bringers of that peace and harmony.

I know, I know: Luke can't have everything. :)

But I feel very strongly that a new Jedi Order is meant to be Luke's lasting contribution to the galaxy, and what better legacy than "The Peacemaker"?

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    You just weren't thinking about what you were reading. It isn't difficult to piece together what I was saying. The continuing of the popular, "supporting roots" saga would continue to support the rest of the SW universe's popularity. Everything SW stems from that, including things like Rebels which continually reference and place in characters from the main saga; the Anthology films are sticking very close to the saga, they are not going to some off-beat story about an unknown Jedi in a far corner of the universe that has nothing to do with the saga, or going to something like an Old Republic movie. That saga is the spring from which all SW products sell, chances are they will keep it going. All it would require is more good writing and filmmaking to keep it alive successfully, which I am sure they are confident they can accomplish at this point.

The other sagas and franchises are WAY more beat to death than SW, and are less pliable in terms of new story possibilities (much less pliable than a continuing saga of the Skywalker lineage, not just less so than a SW story in general), yet they still manage to come out with some good movies, and they push on with more and more movies. No good reason to believe they just chop off the saga after Disney has only made 3 movies, especially if they are successful.

The inference on Iger's part was specifically about TRILOGIES. More movies are a foregone conclusion, so he obviously wasn't just hinting at that. More trilogies could WELL mean continuing the current saga.

That is too many years away to call anything a foregone conclusion; but it clearly is hiding from reality to say it isn't more likely than not that the saga will continue, certainly at least for another trilogy.

24. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

oh yeah duh. bit different from what I have in my head though shame I know nothing about animation eh?

let me just give my general opinion on why the st is a good idea but an sst is most likely not.

I think lucas's original vision of a 'trilogy of trilogies' with the ot being the middle, the pt being the beginning, and the st being the end is something I can get behind because there's clear purpose to each of them. a bit biased but if you look at the ot as the centrepiece, it doesn't seem redundant to explore what happened directly before and after. but even getting rid of that bias, look at it like this:

in the phantom menace, we learn that the galaxy has been at relative peace for a thousand years. the jedi order and the republic are in their prime. this is a clear, logical starting point for the saga. that doesn't mean that we don't have all this additional backstory to work with, but for the main saga this is the most logical beginning point. we see the downfall of the jedi/republic and the rise of the empire. in the ot, we are thrown right into the action and see the "centrepiece" conflict. as a standalone film it makes sense, but as a saga it's understandable why the pt is a thing. we have all this great backstory to work with and could be a compelling story. the quality is debatable but there's definitely clear purpose. the st could go either way given the ending of rotj, but it still makes sense to make it when you look at it this way:

pt=how this era of conflict began
    ot=how the heroes ended said conflict
    st=the reconstruction era/aftermath

the st has clear purpose because the conflict we see in the st is really a direct continuation of the same conflict that began in the pt. the ot ended said conflict in the short term so if you wanted you could end it right there, but we never see the real return of the jedi order, the new republic or any of that. the moral issues that come with reconstruction and putting in a realistic kind of post-soviet setting or something like that is a compelling story that feels like it's part of a three part saga, not a detached sequel made for no reason. once we start getting into the 'aftermath of the aftermath' and it stops being directly tied to the beginning of the story, dragging on and on, it just gets redundant. this doesn't mean that the star wars timeline just ends period; there's potential for some good 'new eu/anthology' stuff but let's give this one a good ending so that this saga can be great. I say once we have a stable new republic and the jedi in full force, the 'saga' has come full circle and that's a good place to stop, especially if you give it an 'epic' ending better than ewoks and fireworks. the thing I came up with in the thread I made is beautiful lol.

this post is waaaayyyy too long basically just typed a college essay don't worry my unemployed stint should be ending soon. :y:

25. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    SW Episodes X-XII should be about the legacy of Luke,Han and Leia. The SW saga has always been about legacies. The PT was about the legacy of Qui-Con Jinn as he passes Anakin onto Obi-Wan and the Jedi Order as the chosen one to bring balance to the Force even though he succumbs to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader and kills the Jedi. The OT was about the legacy of Obi-Wan as he starts to train Luke as the first of a new Jedi Order but dies at the hands of Vader's lightsaber and then passes him onto Yoda to further train him as a full fledged Jedi. The ST should be about the legacy of Vader/Anakin years after he has died saving Luke from the Emporer and bringing balance to the Force allowing Luke to train new Jedis and even Palpatine as the Empire still lives on now as the First Order. So perhaps the SST will deal with the legacy of Luke,Han and Leia as the new heroes Rey,Finn and Poe Dameron defend the galaxy against a new threat to the GFFA after Luke,Han and Leia are long dead and perhaps the SST will end with Poe,Rey and Finn passing the torch to another generation setting the stage for Episodes XIII-XV perhaps.

Another theory here is perhaps the ST is the first of another pair of trilogies consisting of a major arc since the PT and the OT were about the rise,fall and redemption of Anakin then perhaps Episodes VII-XII will be the adventures or the rise,fall and redemption of one of the new heroes perhaps either Kylo Ren or perhaps Rey turns to the dark side in Episode IX and becomes the new Lord/Lady of the Sith and perhaps Poe and Finn and (maybe perhaps Rey could have child in the ST) they have to redeem Rey in the SST. I suspect the SST will be released as soon as 2021 two years after Episode IX and I hope it happens 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.