main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Why wouldn't anyone?

JediLight likes this.
  2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Amen!

JediLight and B99 like this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    At long as it isn't rebels vs the Empire round 3 with little to no Jedi presence. Change it up a bit

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's where I'm at too. If Luke had a bigger role in TFA and we knew exactly who Rey was right from the get to I don't know that I'd be looking forward to TLJ as much since it's basically Rebels Vs. Empire: Round 2. Yet another dose of that in the next trilogy would be redundant.

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll watch 10-12 regardless (most likely anyway) but want a new threat. Yuuzhan Vong, Kiliks, Abeloth, something else, etc. Or put the Empire like group in a new position. Work with the Republic or something. And show a fledging New Jedi Order.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It would!!

nightangel likes this.
  7. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I read that each anthology film is only getting one movie, they won't be getting sequels, the real question is if they are going to make for saga films or like do something like make movie about the first jedi that would be cool but I would want them to eventually return to the skywalkers.

B99 likes this.
  8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I agree, the actors have signed on for multiple pictures if LFL/Disney sees fit there will be a "Young Han Solo" sequel. But I believe Donald Glover is likely to steal this Han movie, so perhaps LFL will want to follow Han up with a Lando centric movie (but most likely with Han and Chewie playing a supporting role).

So technically we'd be getting a Han Star Wars Story and a Lando Star Wars Story. Not technically a sequel, but sequential and related because of cross-over characters.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I believe the only logical place to go with the next trilogy would be the founding of the Jedi or the OR era. You could do that without damaging any existing story. It would give the writers free reign to do anything regardless of existing canon.

SirChosenOne and DARTH_BELO like this.
  10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    ^That's a great idea and I want to see that on screen, but jumping way back in time like that disconnects those films from the "Skywalker Saga", so they'd be their own separate trilogy. Eps 10-12 would need to move forward with at least Rey carrying over into them, and hopefully Finn, Poe and Luke, too, if only for Ep 10.

11. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

i agree! but lets also explore the jedi religion as well maybe the jedi instituting there own version of the rule of two and maybe new generation jedi type code/oath

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

I have no idea how a comment like that gets so many likes. I mean, I'm on a Star Wars forum right?! There should be indefinite episodes, so of course there will be a 10-12 eventually. Whether that comes on the heels of IX or a decade later, who is to say, but obviously Star Wars is forever so if you think they'll just ditch the episodes, I would argue that doesn't make much sense. There will always be a primary storyline and then secondary movies like Rogue One and the Han Solo spinoff. That just makes the most sense.

In theory, they could make a new "main storyline" and start a separate timeline, like having nothing to do with the Skywalkers, but there's still bound to be some primary storyline whatever that may revolve around.

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Wouldn't surprise me if we get a Jedi origin story but part me worries that that's pulling back the curtain too much. Keeping the story of the first Jedi a mystery might be more interesting than giving us all the details.

14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Even fans can feel brand fatigue. I'll still watch the films for now, but it's definitely not as "special" an experience anymore.

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I mean, you're not really the biggest fan of either TFA or RO, though, so I'm assuming that has to impact your level of excitement as well.

16. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, obviously the perception of quality will always be a factor. But personally I've found the "too much of a good thing" idea to be true in other areas, so even if I really liked Disney's first two SW offerings I would probably view their film a year schedule with some skepticism.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I don't believe that die-hard fans would experience any brand fatigue, no. That's ludicrous. The idea lacks any logical merit whatsoever. TV shows produce up to 24 episodes per year, at 40 minutes each, and you're telling me that despite most TV viewers actively following at least 5-7 shows at a time if not 15-20, it's too much to have ONE two-hour movie per year?

Yet again, it's the invasion of the casuals on this forum. There's nothing wrong with being a casual fan, nothing whatsoever, but I feel that it starts to ruin the intelligent conversations when people who really aren't that big of fans post on a forum and spew their opinions everywhere. It doesn't add anything to the dialogue. Most actual fans of Star Wars would watch a movie every week if we could, because we love it. It's a major part of our lives. It's a hobby. I've seen Rogue One 31 times and you can bet I'll see every Star Wars movie dozens of times in theaters and love it. One movie every three years was still "acceptable," but it definitely felt like there was at least a year-long period of not much really going on in the fan base after the movie left theaters. It was just kind of back to the waiting game. Nothing wrong with the anticipation, but I like months of anticipation not many years of it. Now, I finally feel like for the first time since the prequel era, I can count Star Wars as an "active" hobby rather than a more passive one. I can entertain myself with Star Wars on almost a daily basis, between the new movies, news of the new films, the forums, and even things like Rebels and Freemaker Adventures.

The great thing about Star Wars now is you can really choose to be as involved or not involved as you want and still enjoy it, on your own terms. If you want to go watch each movie a few times in theaters, but that's it, no books, no toys, no TV for you, that's ok, and if you watched each new movie 5 times you're going to have spent maybe 12 hours per year on Star Wars. I'm tired of the tip-toeing around the facts here, like what matters most is not offending anyone or not hurting anyone's feelings. Bottom line, and I don't care if it hurts someone's feelings, if you're not able to afford a hobby 12 hours per year of your time, YOU ARE NOT A FAN!!!

MaciekRS likes this.
  18. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015

I mean I think it depends on the person and can be a combination of factors. When it comes to my hobbies it is almost cyclical where I am obsessive over one thing for a month and another thing for another month. SW falls into that mainly why I will just randomly come on here after months of inactivity. There are points where my entire free time is devoted to reading a new history book, watching a new anime series, playing a new strategy game, overanalyzing a hockey game, biking (when we actually get sun here) or fanboying about SW :) .

Personally I don't mind if they make more movies as long as it goes in a new direction (a new threat like in NJO in the EU, a movie about The Old Republic Hundred Years Darkness etc). If the quality I feel is good I will continue to keep up and after the canon gets more established I probably won't be excited for maybe every single trailer, book or comic but there will always be the point where after missing a bunch of new content I can then binge watch all the new stuff instead of having to go back to past movies consistently.

Disney is going to have a challenge in being able to convince viewers to be at least be interested at least some time every year but Marvel has done a pretty good job of that even though they have released dozens of movies so far and in my "unbiased" going back to the EU I feel that SW can be more adaptable and original than your typical Marvel story. As a result I think I will stay optimistic that they can continue to pump out good quality content though I do feel that both SW and Marvel might want to eventually take breaks for a few years before resuming.

ZY-Fighter and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002

I didn't say that at all. I said I can understand why some Star Wars fans think three trilogies is enough, and that personally I'm not as excited by the prospect of new Star Wars movies as I used to be. I can also understand why brand fatigue is not an issue for a large number of more obsessive fans.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I don't have any fatigue. I want even more Star Wars. Keep it coming.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  21. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

whats nice about star wars is they can explore explore explore new ideas. it dose not even have to be episodic films either i mean hey with the success of rouge one and han solo stand alone coming the anthology films can open up so much in the star wars universe and i like that because new ideas are always fantastic

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Keep showing new characters, enemies, don't make multiple versions of the same stories, don't rehash enemies and good guys for the sake of it, and don't use the same characters in galaxy shaking wars for decades or more on end.
    The OT Big 3 still saving the day by FOTJ? Tiring. At least I could jump forward to Legacy with Cade and the One Sith, back to Zayne Carrick and the Jedi Covenant, the PT, OT, etc.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  24. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    How about the Resistance and the Mandalorians team up to defeat their mutual enemy in the First Order. Then after some time of peace, the Mandalorians try to conquer the galaxy setting up the next trilogy.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    B99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.