main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I like sentences.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Words are good.

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    This story can easily be resolved in the next 2 films. I loved VII, but it is ANH 2.0. Not very original. Looks like VIII might be more original. However don't need 3 more films after IX about the Jedi and Republic screwing up yet again. And a 4th trilogy would only devalue the Anakin/Luke relationship.

4. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I don't want X-XII. I want the ST to tie the three trilogies together into one great story without the feeling that oops, history will repeat itself in a few years! You're right - the more Saga sequels, the more the earlier characters and stories are likely to be devalued. Actually, I think the use of the OT3 in the ST may be in part an effort to make clear that what has come before will ultimately impact the ultimate conclusion of the Saga. The OT3 are no longer the main characters, but they tie together the beginning and end of the story.

5. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Well said!

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think there will be another trilogy at some point. But I don't necessarily think it will be called Episodes X-XII. I think there will be either a trilogy about a time 100-1000 years before the PT or (better) 100-1000 years after the ST where everything that happened in Eps1-9 are seen as legends or fables and are re-discovered at a time where there is no Force, Jedi, etc known to the public.

7. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    The best option would be an origins of the Jedi trilogy (or TV series). Star Wars meets LOTR/ Game of Thrones. Featuring Ahch-to (thus tying it to the ST for audiences) and a particularly adventurous Jedi who ventures away from the Jedi home world to spread the word and combat a growing threat to the galaxy.

Darth Nave likes this.
  8. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Cool!

9. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016

OMG, the Young Snoke trilogy. [face_love]

Darth Gummybear and Gigoran Monk like this.
  10. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    NO MORE PREQUEL-ORIGIN STORIES!! D:

(Seriously - can anyone name ONE instance when it was a good idea? Even Isaac Asimov made a mess of it with his attempt at a prequel trilogy to his famed Foundation novels...)

MaciekRS likes this.
  11. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Spoiler alert: Young Snoke looks something like this

[​IMG]

EDIT: Double spoiler: wanna explain this, hana solo?

[​IMG]

12. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Mara Jade and Snoke RandomGreyJ

I don't know if every loose end can be tied up by the end of IX, but I don't want it to be where new threats like the First Order pop up each trilogy only to be eliminated at the end. If all loose ends are resolved after IX, maybe a conclusion film set thousands of years in the future, and if not, then X should take place at least forty years later.

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Prequels or origin stories?

If the former, well, Rogue One, which was brilliant. And for many here, the SW prequels themselves.

In the genre fiction book world, there are lots of great examples, including from the master, Tolkien.

Other successful prequel films? The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, the new Planet of the Apes trilogy, and half of Godfather II.

And it's not the concept of a prequel or origin story that's a problem. It's that writers tend to botch them by being too self-referential.

Lastly, a Jedi origins story would go so far back in history that it would avoid the pitfalls of direct prequels. Get some great writers in, perhaps from the Game of Thrones stable, and I'm in.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Sorry - that was super vague of me!

Prequels that serve as origin stories for existing characters.

I may have to check out the canes you cite. Maybe ;) Foundation + SW prequels burned me pretty bad DX

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    No worries! Though I wasn't calling for a character origin story. It was an origin of the Jedi thing. Or an early Jedi thing.

16. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I like the idea of a Jedi origin story :)

17. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    RandomGreyJ

I [face_love] that! I also want someone to make a Snoke In Love version of this:

^:)^

18. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    How about threats from the Unknown Regions be the threats in Episodes X-XII? That would make it more original. And I took it some of you liked my last thread that if Luke says the Jedi should end in TLJ and well through Episode IX. Then there should be no New Jedi Order in Episodes X-XII but a new bigger order of the Knights of Ren?

And did anybody like that video I uploaded from YouTube by Mike Zeroh about the Fourth Trilogy? I sure hell did!!!!!!!!

19. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I totally want Unknown Regions to be a big player in IX or X-XII.

JediLight, MaciekRS, GregMcP and 2 others like this.
  20. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Agreed. I'd like to see a barbarian at the gates-style narrative, but one where most of the "barbarians" are actually decent people simply seeking a safe haven in the galaxy (from an evil in the UR), but are constantly rebuffed by the Republic (which radicalizes some of them). This propels the rise of a new Caesar-like figure in the Galactic Republic. Someone who's less obviously villainous like Palpatine and Snoke, given that he's genuinely concerned about Galactic security, but presents a more subtle threat to democracy and tolerance in the galaxy. Timeless struggle between freedom and securiry, but also timely. A combination that makes for the best Star Wars.

21. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    ^It would also be a chance for the story to come full circle by being a contrast to the PT. Once again, the good guys are the ones in power and are dealing with a political crisis/war but have to solve it by remaining true to their values, not slipping into dictatorship, not making the same mistakes that were made in the PT.

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ep 9 could end with Resistance and First Order ships lining up to fight, and in zaps a huge fleet of completely alien, un-Star Wars ships from Somewhere Else. Poe and Hux, Rey and Kylo, all looking stunned. WTF is this? Iris out.

And then, yeah, their intentions could be speculated about for 3 years here.

23. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

So battle of the 5 armies scenario. They fight til Orcs arrive and then they have to fight the Orcs.

Now, imagine if those "from somewhere else" don't need ships. They just zap in.

GregMcP likes this.
  24. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    And origins of the Sith.

25. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I think that content of Episodes X-XII will be determined by whether LF wants to continue with TFA characters or not. Granted, they could get spin-offs but the fact is that they didn't carry this trilogy cause of prominence of OT characters. So will they be given a chance to lead on their own, either in spin-off format or Episodes or some combination, or their story will be wrapped up in IX and the rest will follow in books, comic books, maybe cartoons? I think that LF will want to continue with them on the big screen and that between 2018 and 2019 we'll hear about re-signed contracts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.