Discussion Episodic endings in a 9 part saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by StoneRiver, Aug 21, 2013.

?

The mood of the ending of EPVII will be.....

Happy 42 vote(s) 47.2%
Sad 4 vote(s) 4.5%
Foreboding 43 vote(s) 48.3%
  1. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    I have to pay attention to what tab I'm in when I want to check something out on Wookiepedia.

Anyhow, I think in Episode VII we're going to see a happy ending with a bit of foreboding. With the exception of TESB going into ROTJ, at least two years have transpired in the timeline between any two films. That being said, I think the heroes will be happy at having dealt with whatever problem they have to face in Episode VII but will have the knowledge to realize that there's probably another, even bigger shoe left to drop.
  2. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    That would pretty much be my guess as well.
    Darth Raiden and plaidphoenix like this.
  3. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been a year since the last post in this thread, and as of a year ago the poll above was pretty even... but I notice many new names/faces around here and wondered if they would like to partake in this thread. If anyone does, please read the opening post as it explains the meat of what this thread is about. [face_peace]

My opinion hasn't changed, and it is exactly at @plaidphoenix says above. Our heroes will have dealt with the immediate threat, but will have suffered loss and will be aware of a larger threat looming (foreboding)*, setting it up for the larger threat to be the game leader by the end of EPVIII (sad), only for our heroes to emerge victorious in EPIX (happy).
    *bucking the trend of having a happy ending to the first film of each trilogy
    Any new takes?
  4. Dak Oolron Jedi Master

star 2
    I would've voted for both happy and foreboding, if allowed. I also wish I would've engaged my brain and looked at the roman numeral... for some reason I thought we were voting on the mood at the end of episode 9 based on the title, lol
  5. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I refused to vote because "So wizard" is not an option.
  7. Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I vote "Happy" but with a sense of foreboding that leaves us wanting more. Maybe a new last minute villain will be revealed or the current one is fully transformed, with a twist! I can see it being sad if a main character dies, but I still think the overall tone for the first film will be hopeful and uplifting.

Disney would be crazy to have their very first film be a bummer. Save that for VIII and possibly IX. This one needs to be a fun, memorable and heartfelt film that sets everything up and at least generally ends on a high note. This will further encourage people to see it repeatedly in theaters.
  8. Darth Dookacas Jedi Master

star 2
    I vote Happy. Imagine Reys ship landing and Rey running up a huge flight of stairs. Luke meets her at the top and they smile at each other. She hands him his lightsaber. The force theme starts to play and they turn and look at the sun over the water. Force theme goes full blast. Roll credits Loud applause!
  9. hartman89 Jedi Master

star 3
    I would like a dark tone, but I'm almost certain Disney won't even or HAVE even considered anything but a (atleast partly) sunny ending...
  10. WatTamborWoo Force Ghost

star 3
    I think it will be a downer ending with a tinge of hopefulness (so positive foreboding).
  11. Flapjack4 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'd go for sad. Would be great to experience a mixture of emotions throughout the journey of TFA. I'll save the happy* ending for episode IX.

*ewoks not included. Maybe baby ones
  12. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    disney has nothing to do with it. why don't people understand this?
    Last edited by thejeditraitor, Mar 21, 2015
  13. hartman89 Jedi Master

star 3
    I know they don't control it, but the automatic association makes me feel that way. Just my opinion this is...
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Long-running internet tropes have done their work, sadly...
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. hartman89 Jedi Master

star 3
    Man, I don't know if it is the medication, my vision, or just my poor education, but I wish I could understand your post. At the very least to know if I should be offended and/or shamed...lol
  16. DarthLightlyBruise Force Ghost

star 4
    I dislike modern Disney for what they have done, with some exceptions, to fairy stories and mythology (and the perception of those stories). I hope the Star Wars Universe will lead Disney to explore less sanitized versions of those stories. Still fun, and with happy endings, but not afraid to plunge the depths of human experience.
  17. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    does disney control marvel studios? no.
    Last edited by thejeditraitor, Mar 21, 2015
  18. DarthLightlyBruise Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm aware of that arrangement. That's why I'm excited about Star Wars. It will likely explore mythological themes in a way that Disney, by itself, won't really touch. So I see potential for the resurrection of the full-bodied myth. One that hasn't been airbrushed.
  19. DarthLightlyBruise Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't vote because "I feel happy, I feel happy, *thump*" wasn't an option.
  20. Rabs Force Ghost

star 4