main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Epistles to a Master (JA, AU, Qui/Xanatos/Obi) - *Complete, 03/01/08*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Words fail me...I'm laughing too hard!

Obi-Wan's expertise in letter writing improves every time.

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Darling and expertly crafted. I admit my favorite parts are when Qui-Gon writes back to Obi-Wan. I just about die every time. [face_love] But I also loooved his new use of language. [face_laugh]

3. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    This is just so lovely! I would love to see an additional story to this where perhaps the three of them meet back up after finishing on the planet. I can just picture this cute little scene in the hangar, Obi-Wan running around between them as Xanatos tries to convince Qui-Gon he couldn't care less...Sigh [face_love]

Seven told me you've had some trouble with DRL. I hope you're ok. We're here for you, if you need us.

I'd like you to know that no matter what you do, whatever you post here, you never fail to brighten my day, and for that I thank you a thousand times.

Great job.

[:D] [face_love] [:D]

4. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    I enjoy each update more than the last. Pretty soon, I will lose the capabilities of coherent speech, reverting to that old fangirl tongue: "OMG!thAt wuz Lyk SOOOOO COOOL!!1 Gud jOB1oneone!!!111" If such a moment does, indeed, come, I would like to request that you kindly lob me with a fish until I come to my senses.

<<Message Addition1: What has my padawan been doing with his dictiono-gram? He?s been writhing to me most resentfully, and says I ought to lice his missage better, for I am mindless. Furthermore, he informs me that you are in megalomaniacs ?all day long'. Xanatotoes, I fear for your sanity?kindly transmit a message at once, saying that you still retain possession of your wits. >>

Absolutely beautiful. Has anyone ever written a better Qui-Gon? I seriously doubt it. [face_laugh] Keep it up, O Socktastical One.

P.S: Is Obi's program like auto-correct on Word? If it is, I personally do not hold him at all responsible for the...questionable content of his letter. Auto-correct should be deemed man's most dangerous nemisis.

P.P.S.: Who ARE you, anyway?! Edit: Wait, now I remember. :oops: Sorry 'bout that. Terrible memory, mine.

P.P.P.S.: I, also, hope you are all right. :( Whatever it is, we're thinking about you!

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, no, I almost choked . . . trying to read this at the library and keeping from laughing . . . agh, my throat hurts.

Thank you so much! [face_laugh] I LOVED Obi-Wan's new skills. Yes, I lice his writhing very much. And he added annoyer r because it was more resentful! AH HAHAHAHA! I must get out of this library immediately and laugh my head off, or I will die.

6. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    :eek: Wow Master.

:( I have no idea how I'm going to say all the tings I want to about that post! It was just too good!

~sets her face in a look of determination~ Alright! Onwards to comment Master!

Point #1, The banter between Master Jinn and Knight Xani is wonderful. Have to compliment you on it.... again. ~sigh~ Must find something better than that to say. Note to self. Read a thesaurus. But dying of indegestion? I don't think Qui would be brought down so eaily.

Point #2, I agree with Master Jinn on the ~ahem~ Nuturing nature of Xani, when it comes to Obi-Wan, and I agree that Xani should make Qui a Grand Master! That would be so cute!

Point #3, Obi is not a whelp! But it really does seem that with Xani teaching him, his spelling and understanding of wording just gets worse. I think he's doing it on purpose.

Point #4, ~laughs madly at Xani writing in hutese~

Point #5, Oooo! ~claps~ Xani really should train Garen. And I really hope that Xanatos does respond soon to be sure that we ALL haven't gone out of our wits!

!!!

I got it all done! Everything I wanted to say is there! Yay!

[face_dancing]

More soon please Master?

Your Paddy,
    Seven

River_Stone: You so desired to see me? Well, here I am. You have managed to find me. How may I be of service?

Though from what I understand Real Life is just keeping Master busy. Nothing to be worried about. Sorry if I caused Undue concern...

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I read this at work and almost spilled drink all over my keyboard, I was laughing so hard. Loved it!!! Your missive from Qui-Gon on how he appreciates Xan taking such good care of Obi-Wan and inquiring after Qui's health was just so deliciously sweet and yet sarcastic at the same time. I just was rolling!

And Obi-Wan, I think, would be better off with his own spelling. Loved the misspelled and just plain wrong words in his messages.

This is so adorable. =D=

8. jediGrace

jediGrace Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    This post was wonderful! I love that Qui-Gon writes "endlessly meandering paragraphs about my nurturing (ugh) instincts" and Xanatos responds with Huttese! Obi-Wan's vocabulary definitely seems to be growing. o_O And I especially like Qui-Gon's tender instructions to Obi-Wan. You write Qui-Gon with such love it makes me adore the character.

9. Zelda_Zelad

Zelda_Zelad Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    I well always be mindless of surrounding animals, and dismember ?do or do not, there is no trout,? as Master Yoda seizures.

I laughed so hard at this there were tears in my eyes. I hope Qui-Gon frames this letter and saves it to display on that far-distant day when Obi-Wan is knighted.

Whatever you do to come up with this stuff, keep on keeping on, because it's absolutely marvelous.

Comment Addition1: I also greatly enjoy the prickly banter between Qui-Gon and Xanatotoes -- err, Xanatos.

10. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I well always be mindless of surrounding animals, and dismember ?do or do not, there is no trout,? as Master Yoda seizures.

Okay, I totally lost it there. Man, I wish I could say something coherent - but it's just too *damn* funny.

I no how many corpses are grown in fields, also how they are irritated. Better than Knight Xanatotoes, because he is in megalomaniacs all day long.

Corpses? Xanatotoes? Megalomaniacs? (Do I want to know?):eek:

Tank you for licking my animate nooses, Masterr.

Once again: *scratches head*

What has my padawan been doing with his dictiono-gram? He?s been writhing to me most resentfully, and says I ought to lice his missage better, for I am mindless.

*Fit of laughter*

These lovely Jedi are killing me! :) You must continue.

11. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    LOL. Didn't mean it to be so puzzling:

Corpses? Xanatotoes? Megalomaniacs? (Do I want to know?)

Crops. Irrigation. Xanatos. Mediations-negotiations. (He got them both mixed up).

Tank you for licking my animate nooses, Masterr.

Thank you for liking my animal noises, Master.

:D

Spelling is so very difficult - but not knowing what certain words mean, and simply writing them down because it vaguely resembles something you've heard is worse. Poor, confused li'l Obi. [face_laugh]

I personally imagine Qui-Gon reading all this, and shaking with silent laughter. :)

EDIT: *Groan* for spelling.

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I really am going to hurt myself one of these days- I am sure everyone is dying to know why I am sitting here cackling like a mad woman

13. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh, but master we all adore poor lil' confused Obi and his speeling... I mean... Spelling.

Seven

14. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] I had a lot of trouble stifling my laughter (everyone's sleeping). I loved it! Obi-Wan's spelling seems to be getting worse, and once he starts using the dictiono-gram the wrong words! [face_laugh] Qui's messages to Obi are so sweet. [face_love] Loved Xan's reply in Huttese to Qui's message. He should take Garen as Padawan! :D Just imagine, Qui as a Grand-Master. :)

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I had a quick look at this before, but now I have more time I read it again.

Your description of Xanatos and Qui-Gon is superb
    They both try to out do each other in the
    sarcasm department [face_mischief]

Your former padawan,
    Now noble and outstanding Knight, Xanatos De Crion.

I see Xanatos still has hasn?t fallen of his pedestal,
    that he puts himself on[face_cowboy]

Strange name, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Not half as strange as Xanatos

conzutasion of a rankor,
    That was so funny [face_laugh]

and Qui-Gon on the Council OH? horror.:oops:

The sarcasm between the two is very thick, I could
    imagine when Obi grows up he will have to mediate their talks. To keep them from killing each other.[face_shame_on_you]

Mmm I detect a slight bit of jealousy Xanatos, was chosen at eleven and Obi was chosen at six[face_skull]

Knite Xantoz sed that it wil take more tan one serviz droid to kill him. Iz that tru?
    What a cute kid Obi is, that was so funny.[face_laugh]

Message No: 11223454bjbg17123

To MY MASTER:
    was absolutely brilliant I could hardly read it for laughing.

Thanks for a good Laugh

16. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Okay, I hate being one of those reviewers you can only say "thanks" to... let's see if I can be a little bit more substantial.

You literally had me in tears, laughing. Why? You have a definate flair for the expression of a young child... is Obi-Wan's program speech based? Is a six-year-old's annunciation the reason for such a messed up letter?

Also noteworthy? The suggested algorithm or whatever for translating the Huttese. Have you seen that movie? Is it worth renting?

You obviously put much thought into these letters, and I think it's hilarious.

And doesn't Xan realize that a cute kid will help him pick up ladies? ;) Why the resistance to Obi's cuteness?!

17. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    This gets funnier - and cuter. Poor Obi-Wan - his natural spellng abilities were superior before his elders decided to help him out with spelling/grammar programs. Now he is almost incomprehensible! :eek:

Xanatoes' caring and slightly arrogant nature come across beautifully when he tells Obi-Wan a fairy tale with him - Xanatos - in a starring role! Aww... Garen would be an awesome padawan for him - then Obi-Wan and he could be trained together! :D

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL!!! Oh man this is just to great! Hilarious!

19. obi-isa

obi-isa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    Wow!!! [face_laugh] this is realy goood!!! MOre please!!

20. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm upping this. It's too good to get left behind, and I needed a laugh.

Also in the hopes another post might happen, too. [-o|

21. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~begins laying out carrots for plot bunnies~

22. Darth_Cliffie

Darth_Cliffie Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks for the 'ups', dear ones. [face_love] I have the plot laid out, actually...its just that I have to get down to write it. Will start this evening, though.

You guys are da best! [:D]

23. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    No fair, Darth_Cliffie! If you keep changing monikers, how are us faithful readers going to keep track of your fics?

24. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Perhaps it's an acquired skill...? :confused:

Kind of like the way you have to acquire a taste for avacados... *Goes off to ponder the significance of avacados and what they could mean to this story*

25. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Am back. :D

Musing: Glad you enjoyed this so much - and here's your update! {psst...want to blame changing monikers? There's 'Fluffy', waiting to be er...Targeted. :D}

LuvEwan: :D Thank you, m'dear. Obi's messages need a dictiono-gram themselves, to sort them out. :D

River_Stone: My dear, thank you so very much - coming from you, a wonderful writer yourself, it means a great deal to me. I haven't had 'problems' with DRL per se...but the good Sith won't let me off, for whatever reason.
    >>>This is just so lovely! I would love to see an additional story to this where perhaps the three of them meet back up after finishing on the planet. I can just picture this cute little scene in the hangar, Obi-Wan running around between them as Xanatos tries to convince Qui-Gon he couldn't care less...>>>

Now look what you've done. There's been this picture of all three of them in my mind - with Obi-Wan scampering about on his little legs, as you put it...and I can't seem to get it out of my head! :_|

Fluff-Slayer: <waits until F_S reverts to Olde FanGirl Dialect of 'Goodjob' !!!11oneone11!!', so she can have the treat of lobbing her with a fish> Although I've never held a fish - are those things slippery, or something?! Eh, well. :D

Thank you so much. [face_blush] I love writing Qui, really. He's so full of...angles and twists and turns. And yes, Obi's program is a lot like AutoCorrect - the poor little un. :)

maychorian: Har har. :D <pats may on the back, and gives her a drink of water> Glad you liked it so much. Thank you. :D

Padawan: <is vastly glad at her padawan's praise> thank you, little one. So glad you liked it so much. And that you love the idea of Xani training Garen. :D . Think you'd like Obi's dictiono-gram, since you like it so much? More soon, coming up for you, paddy mine. :) <and [:D] for the carrots! The bunnies are most appreciative. :)>

dianethx: [:D] for your lovely review. Made you spill drink all over your keyboard? Loved that. :D. Obi, I think has made some kind of decision, anyway. :)

jediGrace: Thank you. :) I imagine Qui is very affectionate towards younglings - he would have been, had he seen Obi at 6 years of age. That's what I think, anyway.

Zelda_Zelad: I love writing Xanatototoes, too, actually - which is really weird, because I've never written him before. But I'm glad it?s worked out. Thanks! :)

corellian-jedi: Lovely Jedi, indeed. [face_love] LOL, am so glad you could laugh at the messages - humour isn't easy, an I'm always worried when I try it. Thanks for reading. :D

PadawanKitara: <looks appreciatively at cackling mad woman> Don't worry. I know. Thanks, PK! :D

Jedi_Tigris: Qui would have enjoyed being a grand-master - lording it over the next generation of baby Jedi, with horrifying tales of his padawans, and made Xanatos squirm, probably. :D A pity that didn't happen in canon. Ah well. That?s what fanfic is for!. Thanks. :)

Gkilkenny: My dear, thank you, for the lovely, long review. :D Glad you enjoyed it all so much, including Qui's conzutasion. Xani might have been a tad jealous...but he's a knight, after all, and ought to be above such things, right? :D. I suppose he tries, anyway.

Qui on the Council seems to inspire horror in everyone. I wonder why? [face_laugh]

astraevirgo: LOL, I;m glad you left a review - although I love long reviews too, certainly - so I'm very happy that you did write one. [face_dancing]. Obi's program isn't exactly speech-based...I imagined him simply tapping out long and intricate words to impress his master, and relying on bits and pieces he had heard. :). No, I haven't seen THX1138 - I used it because of the Lucas connection. :). You could tell me, though, if you watch it.

As for resisting Obi's cuteness? heh. He detests 'cuteness', ya know. men do. Especially when elders they respect,. like it. :D

forever_jedi: He is incomprehensible, isnt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.