main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Epistles to a Master (JA, AU, Qui/Xanatos/Obi) - *Complete, 03/01/08*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmmmm, I'm not actually sure if this is done or not. Whatever. It is charmingly, hysterically, ridiculously funny. Not just the text and speeling errors, but even the header and error messages.

The Coruscant ? Periphery Message Notifier: From anywhere in the galaxy, to the Core Worlds ? we deliver!

The characters show right though, in their own words. [face_laugh]=D=

2. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Good stuff - hysterical; it made my tea come out through my nose. Keep it up...

3. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey, how did this fall so far behind? :eek:

Up we go!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Hehehe that was awesome. Especially the 'computer problems' bit. seems it's been a while since an update...more soon!

5. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    P_A, where are you? Oh, well. Upsy daisy.

6. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    I love this story. It makes me laugh. Oh, I really needed that. :D

7. nvb

nvb Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Hello Ithesock! There is a possibility of another post in this marvelous story? It's fantastic, and sooo sweet too!. And I'm looking for at the reunion of Master-Padawans. Oh, please, don't leave us in this pit of sorrow (a little bit too much? No?)Go, Ithesock, go!

8. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I need to keep in practice ;) , so...UP!

9. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Server does not like recipient

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Great, now I have to go reapply my eye makeup XD Hilarious!

10. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Can't let this get too far behind... ;) UP!

11. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    A/N: Abject apologies for the really loooooooooong silence. But here?s an update. The next should be the sort-of epilogue.

Message No: 565743ftgg
    Time: 268.89.52.21
    Sender: DeCrion, Xanatos [Affiliation: Knight (Jedi Order)]
    Recipient: Jinn, Qui-Gon [Affiliation: Council Member (Jedi Order)]
    Subject: Re: your Location

***************BEGIN ENCRYPTED MESSAGE****************

Qui-Gon,

Kindly blame Captain Solo?s impossibly virus-filled and outmoded messaging system for that half-baked communication you must have received. I sometimes believe he and his ship both satiate themselves with Wherwynn?s Reserve. The drunken responses I receive, sometimes to my commands are quite diverting. Not to mention puzzling. I believe I tried to re-send my messages to you, only to be told that ?This file does not exist and probably never will.?

??Server 4566.304 does not like recipient.?

It is hard enough to earn the dislike of sentient beings ? but harder still to earn the undying hatred of non-sentient beings too. I am eager to know how you managed this. It is a talent not easily acquired, except for someone who possesses your remarkable skills.

The following message is from Obi-Wan, as I cannot possibly rely on Captain Solo?s incredible mailing system, and dare hope that it will actually allow us to send two messages in quick succession:

Dear Master,

This is Obi-Wan. I am safe and sound, and if I am able to even write to you, it is only due to Knight Xanatos?s remarkable perspicacity, shrewd forethought, and a certain predisposition, nay, instinct for extricating oneself from the direst of situate?.

Yes, well. Here?s the real message:

dEAR Masterrrrrrr.

I am so sori. I dit not obey u. I did not lisssen to Nite Xantoos. But I am al rite. I saved Xantoos from horid peepel. He sais it iz ta Fose, but I say it iz also ME. Are me and ta Fose ta same? Masterrrrr pleese say it iz al rite. I forgit ta word for it.

Nite Xantoos toll me. Pleese forgif ME.

I will sea u soooooooooooooooon.

Yur padoowoon Obee-Wun.

**********END ENCRYPTED MESSAGE**********
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message No: bnvghooo88
    Time: 269.96.22.53
    Sender: Jinn, Qui-Gon [Affiliation: Council-Member (Jedi Order)]
    Recipient: DeCrion, Xanatos [Affiliation: Knight (Jedi Order)]
    Subject: Your Message

Xanatos,

Your instinct for extricating yourself from the harshest situations may have saved you from countless evils before now, but it will not save you from the worst?my wrath. What was this situation you fell into? How did you escape ? and how did Obi-Wan manage to be the means of your escape? Kindly stop beating about the gorli bush, as the saying goes, and tell me now. Do not make me address you in my official capacity, Knight DeCrion.

I address no note to Obi-Wan. He has been most impudent in not following my orders (and how he managed this I still do not understand), and seems to have part of these extraordinarily insane, not to mention dangerous exercises.

Jinn.

**********END ENCRYPTED MESSAGE**********
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message No: 1224456uy
    Time: 270.92.52.230
    Sender: DeCrion, Xanatos [Affiliation: Knight (Jedi Order)]
    Recipient: Jinn, Qui-Gon [Affiliation: Council Member (Jedi Order)]
    Subject: Re: your Location

Qui-Gon,

Your padawan manages to combine two emotions quite well: remorse and a certain peevishness which makes me quite desperate to hand him over to the concerned authority as quick as possible. As there is no one else who will accept charge of a six year old pesky padawan, save good Captain Solo (and he is

12. ctt

ctt Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2006
    The banter, the sarcasm and the worry oozing out from it is so precious. Wonderful update.

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I just love this story. It's so damn hilarious and filled with sarcasm and wit and love hidden beneath the banter.

Wonderful update. Don't keep us waiting too long for the end. Please...[face_praying]

14. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Well, Xanatos is now an official member of the "Gah!" club. :p

Now we know whys and wherefores of what happened. Such a precocious padawan, Obi-Wan is!

Such a wonderful post, Princess..., I mean, ithesock! =D=

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Xanatos and Qui-Gon are just so full of themselves in these little missives, but in such distinctive ways. Xanatos is verbose and effusive, while Qui-Gon gets to the point more quickly. The story is wonderful to read.=D= And I like the computer, too. [face_mischief]

Poor little Obi-Wan! :_| So brave (though not very helpful) and his master won't talk to him. This must be resolved.

16. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    HUZZAH! An update! Yaay! [face_dancing] =D= =D= =D= Very funny, as always, P_A.

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Yay update!!!! Awesome one too!

18. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]

You're dialogue was histerical. Very humorous story. I am enjoying it immensely.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I think this may be one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long while. Priceless. My poor keyboard.

20. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I felt the need to do something positive ...so I'm booting this up. :D

21. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Awwww...the silence towards Obi-Wan.

Poor little thing must be distraught. :_|

Even Xanatos put across his little "hints."

Entertaining as usual. [face_love]

22. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    An excellent story, with an extremely believable version of a Xanatos who did not turn to the Dark Side. =D= I love Obi-Wan's messages and his valiant attempts at improving his spelling. ;) Looking forward to seeing what will happen when Xanatos and Obi-Wan return to Coruscant! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. OBI-LOVE

OBI-LOVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Up this wonderful story soon. Your Xanatos is so deliciously arrogant, yet lovable. And your little Obi-Wan is too adorable. I want to find out that Qui-Gon will forgive his little imp. More soon![face_praying]

24. OBI-LOVE

OBI-LOVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Maybe if I say pretty please, you'll continue this fantastic story??!![face_worried]

25. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I agree, please continue.

"Really, ithesock, your silence towards you readers in your previous communication [or lack thereof] was not well done. A Council Member, to boot."

Waiting anxiously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.