Beyond "Equal Opportunity Killers" [Jag/Tahiri]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elena, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Elena Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jag is one cold customer. Tahiri is one crazy chick. There can only be only one winner. Who's it gonna be?

Sequel to "Deathbed Vigil".

~~~~~~~~~~~`

Alliance Base 37 was a bleak, cold affair somewhere in the Galactic Core. It was exactly the sort of assignment HQ gave to untrustworthy military liaisons, and it was exactly the job Jag loved best. No, it wasn?t the easiest place to get all that valuable, delicate information that he wasn?t supposed to know, but it was a challenge. Jag liked challenges. Still, this particular challenge was a little harder than most?

After all, his targets usually couldn?t read his mind.

That was all right, though, because Jag was good, and he?d always enjoyed getting over the obstacles that this sort of mission engendered. Still?that particular talent of the Jedi was problematic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

His Jedi attaché was problematic in other ways, most notably for her constant attempts at sabotage. Implanted enemy personality or not, there was something wrong with a girl who spent that much time trying to murder everyone in their sleep. Jag gave her more work to do, in the hopes of keeping her busy, but she always found time to wreak havoc ? or at least try to. Jag always found it easy to foil the Shaped Jedi. She thought like the enemy, and by and large, the enemy was not hard to understand.

?Colonel Fel, Knight Veila has been found again,? his aide said quietly by his side, and he watched as she adjusted her earpiece, a slight frown marring her face.

?What did she do this time? More explosives from that idiot Tainer??

His aide shook her head. ?Plan B, sir ? arsenic in the caf.?

Jag rolled his eyes. ?Lovely. I assume the quartermaster is checking the rest of the supplies??

?Yes, sir. No signs of any other tampering,? she said, and then paused as the comm. officer relayed more information to the headset. ?Knight Veila is currently in the holding cells, sir ? the block surrounded by ysalamir.?

Jag laughed dryly. ?Like that will stop her. She?s being guarded by her regular detail, right? I can?t imagine Master Skywalker would be happy to learn that his pet Shaper has met with an unfortunate accident??

A sullen look came over his aide?s face as she murmured her agreement. Jag just grinned at her. ?Patience, Dal. Haven?t you ever heard of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves??

?We?ve given her an awful lot of rope, sir...?

?But not enough.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Despite the ugly bruises and scrapes marring her face, Tahiri was still beautiful. The mottled color of that black eye contrasted against the vivid green of her irises; the maroon of that scab accentuated the golden color of her skin. Her ceremonial scars drew the eye to the shape of her fine, down-covered skull. Flaws enhanced her features instead of detracted, and there was no denying that Tahiri was a lean, elegant woman.

Jag thought it was such a pity she was so very predictable.

She was doing pushups when he entered the holding cells, and she didn?t pause as her half-dozen guards saluted him. Nor did she take any notice when he dismissed the guards and deactivated the containment field. When he sat down at the sole table in the cell block and started taking his charric apart, she was on her sixty-fourth pushup.

At a hundred, she jumped up and moved toward the other chair at the table, sliding into it as silently as a snake, and the only sign Jag noticed was how carefully he watched her as he cleaned his gun from memory. He waited a while, but she didn?t speak, and Jag rolled his eyes internally. Jedi mystique, indeed.

?Tahiri, if you continue to give into your baser urges, I will be unable to protect you from the anger of others. The five hundred and sixteen people you?ve been trying to kill over the last month, for example??

Tahiri just shrugged disinterestedly. ?I never mean it, you
  2. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was evil, chilling, and extremely good. I like the descriptions.
  3. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    hmmm....a lot of fun interesting things going on here.....

but ultimately a great and wonderful post, though I would like to find out more...there is more right??[face_praying]
  4. Killik_Twilight Force Ghost

star 4
    Very interesting?

Odd twists, but they work. :D

KT
  5. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Elena: [Jag/Tahiri], or [Jag/Tahiri]? o_O [face_thinking]

And... is it wrong of me to read this as comedy? :D

- The Imperial Ewok
  6. Inara Force Ghost

star 4
    I can always trust you to write something that is unusual, entertaining, and plausible all at the same time.

Marry me please. [face_love]
  7. Elena Jedi Knight

star 3
    SilSolo:

That was evil, chilling, and extremely good. I like the descriptions.

*makes note* So, chilled evil tastes good? Can you be a little more descriptive on the taste? I mean, is it sweet, sour, salty...?

Kidan:

but ultimately a great and wonderful post, though I would like to find out more...there is more right??

Thanks, but no. This was strictly a one-shot.

Killik Twilight:

Odd twists, but they work.

*modest grin* I try.

Thrawn:

[Jag/Tahiri], or [Jag/Tahiri]?

[Jag/Tahiri], of course!

And... is it wrong of me to read this as comedy?

Nope. This is STAR WARS - even the dictators are amusing!

Inara:

Marry me please.

Do I get a diamond ring?

Elena
  8. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    interesting, poor kyp ;)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.