1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Equilibrium: Welcome to Libria.

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel001, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nurf HQ

    Beth grinned at the hug.
    "Beth, call me Elizabeth and I'll kick in your knees" She added jokingly. Then she switched to being all business when Dan had talked.
    "Twenty four minutes? Hmmm.... Well that's not the best timeframe, but we need to work with what we've got. Let's.....ah!"
    Something on the map had caught her eye.
    "I knew it. Right here. This building is where they keep the cars and bikes. My distraction idea from before was to steal one of these and run awoke whilst our guys grabbed up Sam and ran for it. Although I don't technically have a license." She gave a small laugh.

    She traced the path they would take with Sam from one building to the other. There was a small square.
    "Here is where we can strike. If you are in position two minutes before they hit that stop everything can go down. It's the same distance from the power grid, garage, and a good short and direct distance to one of the underground entrance points that we know about, and not them.
    If everyone moves in as soon as you hit the lights we have that twenty four minute window to grab Sam and take out as many of the soldiers as possible. Then to stop the bad guys following everyone I can lead them on a chase with a stolen bike and when I've lost them I ditch the bike and head to the safety of the underground." She decided to leave out the fact that that part especially was suicide, double suicide if Cleric were involved.

    She leaned over the map, studying every angle of the route. Thankfully there was only one route to the Hall Of Judgement.
    "At least they don't exactly have the capacity to suprise us." She muttered, more to herself than to Dan. She realised then that she'd been talking in overdrive. Beth blushed slightly, straightening up.
    "Sorry. I sort of got carried away there. What was your plan on it all?"

    TAG: Dan, Nurfs


  2. Sentinel001 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2007
    star 2
    IC: Louis Smith
    Location: Outside Interrogation Room

    As Cleric Smith walked out of the Interrogation room with Sam, he gestured to his partner, Cleric Kevin Rose to follow him to the Hall of The Grammaton Clerics. As the walked through the lifelessly bland building they discussed the events of the next few hours.

    "The Resistance will make their move when the prisoner is taken from here to the Hall of Judgment. They will assume that will not anticipate the attempted rescue, they will be mistaken. You and I, along with a new Cleric named Nadia Juroden will escort the convoy to the Hall, I will walk with the prisoner personally, the two of you will be on motor-bikes to the front and rear."

    The two turned the corner into the Hall of Grammaton Clerics, and made their way over to Cleric Juroden's Desk.

    "Grammaton Cleric Juroden," said Smith, "We have a task for you."

    TAG: Kevin Rose and Nadia Juroden.
  3. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: DAN MURANO

    She's was full of ideas, he smiled. "I think that'll work...I smash you grab. If we time this right we can even avoid the clerics" Dan said as he studied the map intently. "Once the power is out I'll make my way over the the Hall Of Judgement, I figure they'll have at least fifty soldiers gaurding Sam, plus an entorage of at least twenty in the rear. So If you could lead a motorcycle cavalry to deal with the twenty, another team could go in for Sam. Then I could do something interesting, I read about a small set of turbines at street level... they'll be active for Sam's execution" Dan suddenly saw his plan coming into play. "Disrupting the turbines would cause them to burst at street level, if your team can seperate the soldeir for Sam's group, we can use the turbines to put distance between soldiers and Sam's transport." Dan was silent as he awaited Beth's response.

    TAG: ALL
  4. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nurf HQ

    Beth nodded slowly, considering all the elements.
    "I like the turbine idea, it would put asomething between us and any clerics that'll no doubt be about. But I honestly don't think we have enough time or people to do a cavalry charge."
    She looked over at the small group of volunteers that Lou had rounded up.
    "It'll just be us, Lou, the volunteers and Gaz if we can get a hold of him. When you hit the lights that'll be Lou's signal to get the fighters into position. They'll try to get Sam out of there and that can be where I come in. I'll get a bike and come down this main avenue towards the square. I can just about manage to shoot and drive at the same time, and that'll draw enough attention for the group to grab Sam. Then we all make a run for it and that's when you hit the turbines."
    She paused for a moment, then looked up and over to a girl the same age as her.
    "Claire"
    "Yeah?"
    "You remember that pair of radios that we salvaged last week?" Beth asked. The girl Claire nodded and ran off, getting Beth's meaning. Beth turned back to Dan.
    "If you take one and either Lou or I have the other, we can give you the signal and that's when you hit the turbines. Then you get the heck out of there, ok?" She asked.
    Tracing the routes from the square to the nearest underground entrance.
    "The only thing I can think of that can go wrong is if there are any high rank Clerics. But hopefully the bike will distract them enough for Sam to get away."
    She looked Dan directly in the eye, seriously.
    "But if something goes wrong with the bike, if you all meet up and I'm not there, don't come back for me. I couldn't ask anyone here to do that. We're just grabbing Sam and getting out, no heroics."
    She knew that if the clerics caught her it would all be over, it was a heavy price to pay for getting Sam back here, but it was one she'd pay gladly.
    "Ok, anything else? Or should we tell Lou what we have planned?"

    TAG: Dan, Nurfs
  5. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Lou Chen

    NRF HQ, Conference Room

    The meeting was adjourned as soon as the eight volunteers had been chosen. Apart from Lou, Beth, and Dan, five other capable resistance fighters were gathered. Two excellent divers and three fighters and sharp shooters.

    Lou walked over with the other five men, when two familiar faces walked in carrying a trunk.

    "Lou, these are the weapons you requested."

    The two men put down the trunk and opened it. Inside, a number of rifles, handgus and knives were neatly arrayed. More than sufficient clips of ammo and belts were placed therein as well. Included were binoculars and functioning communicators. Lou even noticed several hand grenades and a few sticks of dynomite. Lou saw these and raised a questioning eyebrow as he gazed at the older of the two men.

    "Compliments of Arthur." said the older man with a smirk. "The better to bring back Sam." The younger one added.

    "Then give him my thanks." Lou responded with a humble smile as he shook their hands. "And thank you both." The two men were about to leave when the older one suddenly remembered something. "Oh, I almost forgot. Here are the keys to the vehicles." The man tossed the keys at Lou, who caught them with a swipe of his hand.

    "Thanks again."

    With that concluded, the small group gathered around Beth and Dan, and listened to what they had to say.

    "Maybe we can add a vehicular distraction to the blackout, or even the other war around. They might be able to handle two distractions, but not two." One of the drivers commented.

    "And the shooters can provide suppressing cover fire."

    The interjecting comments ended when Beth had asked Dan about his plan.

    Everyone grew quiet as they waited to hear from the katana weilding freedom fighter. In the meantime, several of the men began to gather up armaments for the upcoming operation.

    Dan mentioned turbines at street level. Could it be that they were still functional? If so, perhaps he knew how to operate them. They were going to need all the help they could get to pull this off.

    "Yes, I see what you're intending to do. Are you sure you can do it?" Lou asked, not wanting to leave anything to chance. "I don't want any unnecessary heroics, and no one is to act alone. We all go in pairs. Understood?"

    Lou gave Beth a look of emphasis. He did catch her unspoken implication earlier and did not wish for her to risk herself anymore than she already had. Women were extremely important to the Resistance, especially since future generations were born from them. There was no way Lou could tell Beth not to come, since he did already say this was a volunteer operation, so he'd have to try an protect her in some other way.

    Either way, he was getting a Bad feeling about this rescue mission, but he did not want to jinx it by speaking the words aloud.

    "Once we are done coordinating our movements, we should go and take our positions. We won't get a second shot at this."

    Nurf, GM
  6. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nurf HQ

    Beth nodded.
    "Yup, safety in numbers, definately." She chose to ignore the look Lou gave her. She wasn't exactly planning on wearing a target on her chest. Did he think she wanted to die?
    At that moment Claire came running up with the radios. Beth took them and handed one to Lou, giving him an emphasising look back at him.
    "You call Dan on this when it's time to hit the turbines. It's all about the timing, but I think- I know we can get this right."
    She looked around.
    "Any questions?"

    Tag: Nurfs
  7. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Daniel Murano


    Dan stood as Beth and he had finallized their plans. Dan knew his part, black out and burn out. He then adressed Lou, "Trust me it's easy, punch a few numbers and they streets will be full of fried cleric" he laughed continuing, "and then Beth and your group could do your bit, and Beth..." he became serious. Dan didn't know the girl well but he was human, " ... not one of us gets left behind. We can't throw eachother away,you may as well get back on the dose" Dan said. He then threw his sword over his shoulder and tied the strap.

    "I'll be heading out" Dan said taking the radio. " Let me know when you're all ready" he turned and headed for the door. He was a loner of sorts these days never really gave him friends, his only friend was murdered by Libria, executed. He never loved since he was younger, he feels ashamed but it's true. He's never found somebody and yet is content, he wouldn't push love away but he no longer scrambles to find it. He exited the building and stepped into the cold air.

    His hair blew in the breeze, he looked back at HQ and then turned to head to Libria, he'd have to spend a few hours making his way into the city.

    It was then he suddenly heard sirens in the distance. He was alarmed and suddenly jolted to wherehe heard the noise, looking over a hill he saw Librian enforcement, soldiers, father's arm. No clerics though, but why go into the nethers without a cleric.

    He slid halfway down the hill, ducking behind a beat up old car. Looking through the window he saw the two vans unload a good amount of soldeirs and then headed into the direction of Dan's home. "Oh... so you thought it wise to abandon your vans..." he said quietly as he quietly sprinted over and hopped onto the top. He pulled his sword from it's sheath over his shoulder and jabbed it into the tires with a smile. They were about a five minute walk from Dan's home. He'd normally let passing soldeirs just go about their business in his home, without clerics they couldn't find anything. But today he felt that there must be retribution for prior offense. He tailed them from a distance creeping behind dumpsters, rubble, ducking in and out of alleys.

    When they arrived at his house, he began to wonder why they wouldn't enter. Until suddenly they saw two soldiers bringing explosives into the doors. They were just going eliminate the hassle of finding all he's collected...and just oblitherate it. His shock was soon overwhelmed by anger. He quickly rose from out of the alley, heaving his sword and grabbing its hilt as if to throw a spear. He sent it right into the back of a soldier and it came out and into the back of the soldeir that stood in front of him. One soldeir screamed as he turned to see the bodies fall, "It's him," as he screamed that Dan suddenly lept down from the balcany a few feet above the area the soldeirs gathered in. He tackled down one soldeir and ripped the helmet from his head. He then chucked the helmet at the head of another approaching fromt he side. He was resourceful he could take them all with no weapon at all. However then grabbed his sword from corpse and stood. The soldeirs knew his reputation and were hesitant.

    They were systematic and easy to predict so it's no big deal that when the "brave" soldeir decided to fire it'd be straight for the chest. The second he saw the man's finger run against the trigger he put his sword in the predetermined path. This always helped his KATAN DAN reputation, "a man who could stop bullets", he even once heard the story that he'd killed a cleric bare handed. Dan always laughs when these things are said, he just predicted the easily predictable.The drawback to emotionless soldiers, always the same. He then threw his sword again although it landed int he ground at the foot of one soldier rather than in him. He then lunged forward placing his hands one the hilt of the sword, swinging around his used the planted sword as a pivot point he jabbed a kick into the jaw of one soldeir and as he came out of the kick he yanked the sword out of the gro
  8. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nurf HQ

    Beth was slightly startled by Dan's quick exit.
    "Not exactly one for runing with a pack is he?" She asked nobody in particular. Still, if he was willing to fight by their side they should be thankful.
    "Well if that's it, we should suit up and meet outside in two minutes. Ok?"
    She didn't wait for an answer before running to her own quarters within the building. It was littered with her own EC-10 materials. Quickly she got out a pair of black jeans, tshirt, old sneakers and jacket. All worn to the best level of comfort, but loose fitting and practicle. Then she strapped on her double holster with two handguns in. Most resistance fighters hates guns, but Beth was a firm beliver in fighting fire with fire. Plus there was something about how using a gun made her feel. It might be power, but Beth tried not to think about it too carefully.
    Before running back to the others she took one last look at her room and said a quick small prayer for all of them who were going on the mission. She was nearly at the others when she heard an explosion. It wasn't near them, but it might be near Dan. She ran twice as fast to where Lou and the others were assembling.
    "What the heck was that?" She panted.

    TAG: Lou, any
  9. Sentinel001 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2007
    star 2
    OOC: Just creating a character to be with you guys so I can feel a bit more like I'm participating in the game that I'm GMing, ha-ha.

    Name: Harris Freedman
    Age: 16
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Five foot ten, long brown hair, brown eyes, wears a tight-fitted Linkin Park shirt and blue-jeans
    Affiliation: Nurf
    Specialty: Been a driver since he was tall enough to see over the steering wheel. Not of much use in any other field except playing the guitar, which he learned from Sam.
    Bio: Harris was born into the resistance, his father was a Grammaton Cleric and his mother was a sense offender who fled into the Nether to avoid putting her child through the life she was forced to live. She died giving birth to him.

    He had a collection of mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers. Everyone was always able to look at him like family because they basically were the only family he had. The ones who really stood out however were Beth, who was like his sister (that he secretly had a little bit of think for... not in the incest kind of way) and Sam, who was more like his dad.

    He grew up at the old warehouse that was the Nurf headquarters and never once stepped foot inside Libria. He had always begged to be allowed to tag along with Sam when he went to meet Jurgen, but Sam always insisted that he was better off in ignorant bliss.

    Now he had a chance to simultaneously see Libria and prove to both Sam and everyone else that he was worth something, he wasn't going to miss out.




    IC: Harris Freedman
    Location: Nurf Headquarters Conference Room


    "I'll go, with you!" he said anxiously, he'd been waiting in the back of the room for a little while now listening to everyone decide how to rescue Sam without him. Already he saw the seemingly hesitant looks on some of their faces, formulating a comforting way to tell him "NO"

    "Look, I can drive better than any one of you and you know it. Come on, I wanna help! I wanna save Sam! I'll just wait around the corner for you guys or something, I don't have to be in any gun-fights or whatever. Please," he sounded desperate, "I can do it, I swear!"

    Suddenly there was an explosion heard in the distance and Beth came racing up the stairs asking

    "What the heck was that?"

    TAG: Lou, Beth.
  10. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: DAN MURANO

    The burning wreckage before him brought tears to his eyes. Rain, it always seemed to rain at times like these. He rose to his knees in disconnect. He slumped over and rolled onto his feet, the anger. He walked over to the rubble. His anger began to choke his grief. He saw shreds of his paintings littered through the rubble. He overturned woods and stone to see if anything was left...one painting a water color from his teen years. It was an android being put together, the basic idea of conformity embodied. All built in likeness, a facade to hide what a person truely is. The rain began to wash away the color. He thought for a second...as the conformity in the painting washes away so too would libria's inffection. He walked to his sword, tredding throught the ankle deep mud. He pulled it from the belly of one man.The rain drops beat away the blood. He stared at the wreckage, anything he's ever loved was ripped from him. So now he'd do the same to Libria, rip them from a perfect world.

    TAG: ALL
  11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Nadia Juroden

    Tetragrammaton

    No sooner had Nadia read the report did two Clerics approach her desk. "Grammaton Cleric Juroden," said one of them. "We have a task for you."

    Nadia nodded and stood. "I would be honoured," she said. "What is it?"

    TAG: Sentinel001, Sentinel-825

    Zomg, two Sentinels. :p
  12. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Lou Chen

    NRF HQ

    "Ok, Ok!" Lou exclaimed with a smile as he listened to Harris. "It's true, you are one of the better drivers, so you're in! But remember, no HEROICS!"

    Lou gave a small laugh that was cut-off by the sound of a distant, yet LOUD rumbling, like something huge had gone off. Where they under attack by the Librian Forces?

    "What the heck was THAT?" several people exclaimed. There were others in the hallways running outside.

    "Grab your weapons and let's go outside!" Lou Cheb said, his mood turning very serious. Almost without thinking, Lou put a black nunchaku in the small of his back and under his hoodie, then strapped two black octagonal Tonfas at either side of his waist. These were his weapons of choice and he was extremely profficient with them. As he ran by the crate of weapons he grabbed two grenades. he didn't see the map on the table so he assumed that Beth had it with her.

    Everyone ran outside in what seemed like a blink of an eye, and what they saw was enough to shock them. A plume of smoke rose high into the sky, even as it began to rain. The column of black smoke seemed to me coming in the direction of Katana Dan's home.

    Lou Chen cursed under his breath as he pulled over the hood over his head to keep out the rain.

    "Harries!!" Lou yelled for the driver as he ran. "Here are the keys for number for! Let's hurry to Dan's place!"

    Lou tossed the keys to Harris and motioned for two other Freedom Fighters to join them in the vehicle. "Where's Beth? is she taking...." Lou stopped yelling as he got in the car, specifically the front passenger side. He immediately produced the radio and spoke into.

    "Beth... hey,grease monkey, this is Lou, The Crow, meet us at Dan's ASAP, and make sure to bring the map with you, we gotta start the operation now."

    With that, Lou looked over to Harris. "Hit the gas and don't stop until we reach Dan's."

    Tag: Nurfs, GM

    OOC: Sorry it took this long to post this. I'm kinda swamped right now. Plus I won't be able to post again until tomorrow, much to my dismay. The GM and Sub-GM have control of Lou until that time. I don't want to hold this game up. It's too AWESOME! Good luck to us all! :D
  13. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nurf HQ

    Beth turned on the radio when she heard Lou.
    "Roger that Crow, I'll be there soon. Grease Monkey over and out." She paused before turning it on again, "And I'll kill you for that grease monkey comment later."
    She ran and grabbed the map from where she'd left it and jumped into one of the cars about to leave.
    "Punch it." They took off at speed. Thundering along, Beth hoped it wasn't anything too serious.
    Looking out she saw the other car with Lou and Harris in it. She really wasn't happy about the kid coming with them. But she knew he had to learn to stand on his own feet and learn about his place in the resistance someday. He was a bit like the little brother she'd never had. They were all family out here and all took care of each other.

    TAG: Nurfs
  14. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: DAN Murano

    Outside the Nurf HQ, about a mile down

    He ran his sword into the sheath over his soulder. He fell back on the ground leaning agains the side of the van. He felt such a sorrow, it wasn't just EC-10 materials that he collected but his home. His paintings, keepsakes, things from his past. He watched the smoke and the rain beat down on him. In a small puddle near his foot a scrap of paper floated. As Dan observed the paper he saw it had something written on it.


    He leaned over grabbed the scrap, unfolding it he began to read. It was an old poem he'd written when he was much younger.

    "In thse blues of dumb I discovered the golden love
    I felt the reds of hate, and now I feel cold
    I no longer live by the alarm, but yet I can't feel
    Love or touch of another, I suddenly don't seem real
    As they begin to pull the curtain over my eyes
    I scream to tear myself from this hollow shell
    To embrace a world of true image and too see
    What this world truely holds for those like me"


    He went into thought as he stuffed the scrap into his pocket. He stood as the bottum of his coat was dripping with murky water. He then then pulled off the blood soaked trench coat and dropped it into the puddle before him. Thing were going to change he felt, suddenly he heard a group of cars heading his way.

    TAG: ANY
  15. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Nethers

    As the car pulled up Beth jumpd out. She gazed at the destruction of what was evidently once Dan's home.
    "Dan? DAN?" She yelled. Then she saw him, just standing there. He wasn't moving, he was like a statue, like one of the pieces of art.
    "Dan are you hurt?" She asked, walking forward tentatively.
    She looked back and saw the other car pulling up.
    "Lou! It's Dan's home... they....." She didn't know what to say any more. What could she say?

    TAG: any Nurfs

  16. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: DAN Murano

    His head slowly turned. Looking over his shoulder and shifting his body slightly. His eyes were haunted with a sorrow as he looked at his fellow resistance fighters coming to him. He glanced back at the scrap of paper remembering it's words,"I'm fine," he said softly turning to Beth and the approaching others. He began to slowly walk over a small hil of rubble crossing to the others, glancing back at the ruins. He didn't know what to really say, he just clenched his radio and suddenly became firm in his words. "We need to head into Libria now," he glanced at the others as he continued. He couldn't find words, only action he was going to commit one hundred perecent of himself into the mission.

    TAG: ANY
  17. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Lou Chen

    Outside the Nethers, Dan's Home

    Lou had the car door open just as Harris fish-tailed the rear end and brought the vehicle to a conrolled stop.

    "Lou! It's Dan's home... they....."

    Lou felt the adrenal rush shoot through his entire system as he heard the urgency in Beth's voice. He silently muttered a prayer in hopes that Dan was unharmed.

    The rescue party organizer literal ran out of the car as it stopped. "Keep the engine running!" he yelled back behind him as he went. A quick sprint later, Lou came to a stop next to Beth and Dan, who seemed to be paralyzed with shock. Lou barely glanced at the razed home. There was nothing they could do about that now, and Dan could always move into the Nethers proper. At the moment, Lou was more concerned the man himself.

    He drew closer, taking tentative steps. "Is he Ok?" he asked Beth in a whisper.

    The rain poured all around them as if the heaven's themsleves cried for them. Lou shook his head in an attempt to fight-off the recuring and intensifying bad feeling he got earlier. Rain before a battle was always a bad omen.

    After a momet of silence, Dan answered the question himself. "I'm fine."

    Lou could clearly hear the edge in his voice. This was a man who'd just lost everything. Even the little that he held dear was taken away from him. All hat he had left was his life, and that alone made Dan truly dangerous. He was totally free now.

    A frown came to Lou's brow as he noticed that Dan was no longer wearing his trademark trench coat.

    "We need to head into Libria now." Dan declared with steely resolve. Lou nodded in understanding.

    "First we get you outta the rain. C'mon, you're riding with me. We'll get you somethng dry to put on."

    Lou came over to Dan and put a hand on his shoulder and coaxed him to move towards the waiting car.

    "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger..." Lou quoted a particular warrior's tenet to help transform Dan's grief into strength. Into a greater focus. "They'll pay. You know they will."

    Lou did not voice his concernas he got a funny feeling in the pit of his stomach. If Dan let his grief and anger overwhelm him, he could act out recklessly and doom the whole operation. But right now Lou needed to think like Sam. He was the type of Leader who could look in someone's eyes and know with uncanny certainty if they would fight or flee when it mattered most, he knew if someone could be trusted enough with your life. Lou did not have that skill, so he'd have to learn it quickly.

    "You're still up for the rescue mission?" Lou found himself asking in an easy tone that surprised even him. It was more a statement than a question, but it was something to take Dan's mind off his personal loss.

    "Let's go get Sam....then everything will return back to normal."

    Lou closed the back door behind Dan before getting in the front passenger seat. He really wanted to believe his own words, that things could return back to normal. But he knew that such a freedom could only be won after a great decisive battle.

    The wheels of the car spun in the muddy ground, and inside a moment, they were gone. Off to meet whatever destiny awaited them.

    Tag: Nurf folk. GM
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Katie Sutherland (Kat)
    Underground


    Katie woke up several hours later. Not that time really mattered to her, most of the times. But right now she needed to get up. Turning her lights up dimly, she put Walter on the table.

    She quickly changed bathed and changed clothes. Her 'uniform', she placed back in her pouch. It was time to scrounge around, and she what she could find. With luck, she might come across something that could earn her some extra money. Or better yet, she might even find out something she could pass along to the others. Lots of interesting things could be found in the Underground, if you knew where to look. She sat on her bed, tying her shoes. It had been awhile since she had spoken to or seen any of the other folks who scrambled around in the underground. Usually, she didn't run into any of them, unless she had some info or items to barter.

    Kat broke off some bread, and began to munch on it, as she opened up her bag. She tossed in some of the bread, and then put it on the table. Walter promptly scooted inside. She picked up the bag, and slung it back on her shoulder.

    She looked in a tiny mirror she had. "Eh..it will do." she proclaimed, as she put the mirror away. She crawled her way out from her tiny home, and pulled her items out along with her. Once she had cleared the 'doorway' she covered it back up, so that no one would know where she had come out from.

    With that mission done, she looked around her. "Time to earn a livin'" she murmored softly to herself, as she held up a finger. A tiny squeek from her bag, made her grin, as she looked down at Walter. "Oh..you wanna go this way today? Alrighty."

    She began to walk down the tunnels, scouting out for anything useful.



    ...
  19. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    The Nethers

    As the other car drove off Beth got into the other car. She raised the radio.
    "Crow, come in Crow. This is grease monkey. I'm right behind you and Bushido. Looking at the map there's a point to the north of the city that isn't as guarded where we can enter the city and it'll be close to where we need to be for the smash and grab. Grease Monkey over."
    She put the radio back on her belt and went back to studying the map.
    "He's dangerous." Said Jim, the driver of the car.
    "He has just lost everything."
    "Yeah, and that's what makes him dangerous, he's on an edge. You know I'm right and you're probably thinking the same thing."
    Beth fell silent, partially because he was a little right. But there was no time now and she knew that when it came right down to it Dan would come through for them.
    "I'm right aren't I?" the driver pressed.
    "Jim? Just shut up and drive."

    TAG: Nurfs, GM

  20. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Daniel Murano


    He went along in the backseat of the car. His resolve was firm and he tried to calm himself, as well as one could when they've just lost their life. He became focused and intent, he would channel his rage and make it a weapon. He feared nothing right now, for there was nothing he could lose except...

    His thoughts switched as he came back into the world around him. "Lou, why..." he paused. Almost answering himself in his mind, he spoke again, "Why is it that emotion has become so esoteric, why is it the few who have it are often victimized by it..."

    TAG: ANY
  21. Sentinel001 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2007
    star 2
    OOC: The character Gaz will not be featured.

    IC: Harris
    Location: Driving through the Nether


    Harris was silent, gripping the steering-wheel, watching the speedometer move quickly in a clockwise direction. He didn't know what had happened but judging by the uneasy silence in the car and the blood all over Dan that he guessed wasn't his, it couldn't have been good.

    As he sped passed the marker indicating they were ten kilometers from Libria, Beth came over Lou's radio...

    "Crow, come in Crow. This is grease monkey. I'm right behind you and Bushido. Looking at the map there's a point to the north of the city that isn't as guarded where we can enter the city and it'll be close to where we need to be for the smash and grab. Grease Monkey over."


    Harris was almost upset that she left his call-sign out the mix. Crow, Bushido and Hedgehog, he thought to himself, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead he just kept his eyes on the road and waited for Lou to answer it.

    TAG: Lou/Beth/Dan/Jim?

  22. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Beth
    Outside Libria

    As the cars finally stopped Beth got out apprehensively. This was it. She walked over to where Lou, Dan and Harris were.
    "OK, it looks like we're all a go. We only get one shot at this guys." She paused, looking at the wall. She checked her guns in their holsters before turning to Harris.
    "As for you, you stay with Lou, you understand me. I know you're bright and can handle yourself, just...." She sighed and ruffled his hair slightly, "be careful you dumb mug."
    She turned back to facing the wall.
    "So, are we ready to go then boss?"

    TAG: Lou, Dan, GM, any really
  23. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Dan Murano

    he exited the car leaving Lou to think about the question. He realized this was about to be the first mission with a team he's ever had.
    He looked at all the guns his team carried, " So uncivilized" he taunted to Beth with a smirk. He then went off by a small trench near where they parked. The team wondered what he was doing, running off?

    A moment later he came back up with very old transportation device, a skateboard. He stowed it away for every infintry run he'd make, less time consuming than by foot. He turned to Lou, "I'll give the signal when I'm ready, until then make your way slowly into the city. But don't come out into the open until i give the go. Find a safe place to hide," he turned to Libria and threw the skate board onto the ground. He sprung onto it as it rolled off and he crouched low. And was lost amongst the buildings. Weaving in and out of alleys, he did his best to avoid the populated streets. Down narrow and abandoned streets he went along, jumping cars, even grinding the hood of a Librian defense van. He felt alive, exhilerated and feeling. He soon neared the main streets of Libria, a minute later and he was one block from the Archive Chambers. However from here it'd be on foot. He stepped off his skateboard and ducked into an alley. He cautiously looked around to be sure nobody was in his line of sight.

    He then pulled up a small lid in the ground. He lifted to metal lid and set it beside the whole. He was no in the sewers making his way to the Archive Chamber's basement.

    TAG: ALL
  24. Sentinel001 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2007
    star 2
    Cemero, Libria is surrounded by a massive wall, you couldn't hop on a skate-board and magically be past it. We have arrived at a sewage entrance used by the resistance to get in and out of the city via the underground, If it's too late to edit the above post to fit that criterion, post something else.

    Sorry I didn't make that clear enough because the skate board thing would've been a cool idea.
  25. DarthCemeroX Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2007
    star 4
    OOC: Well I'm in the sewers at any rate, so no real biggy anymore. And senty yah gotta make these things clear to your players. (shakes head) Much to learn you still have
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.