main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eras of Confusion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ozzel, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Sorry if this was already posted in a TG thread, but I'm not about to go into a spoilers thread. ;)

The back cover of Tatooine Ghost sports the Imperial logo, representing the "classic" (a.k.a. "Rebellion") era. However, that era is supposed to be 0-5 ABY, with the "New Republic" era being from 5-25 ABY. (Here is the original thing on the "Eras of Adventure".) If TG takes place 8 years after the Battle of Yavin, then, uh, what's going on?

(The back flap of the book also indicates the "classic" era.)

EDIT: Typos.

2. Oztam

Oztam Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2003
    While I noticed this as well, I just assumed it was because it fits as a bridge novel between both the Rise of the Empire Era and the New Republic Era that maybe they thought it would balance it out by putting it in the Classic. It's more likely a really silly mistake.

3. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    I can't tell one era-symbol from another, so why should Del Rey ? ;)

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Another note for the Continuity Thread.

Isn't there standard file templates when creating this kind of stuff? Not mail merge, but like a base letter where you, when the next book comes out three or so months later, just add it in to the existing file/page?

5. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I was actually going to post a thread about this too. I noticed it last night. Del Ray probably just made an error. Just like listing Truce at Bakura twice in the DW timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.