main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ERAU club?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Karma, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey Q or Jayna....anything happen with the ERAU SW club? Is it a go for the Fall semester?
    Your faithful Faculty Advisor,
  2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm still go for it. Jayna has the petition list. I don't know if she has gotten enough signatures yet. I think I still have all of the old files, although my laptop took a dump at work yesterday so I had to format it. If not, I didn't have anything that couldn't be replaced. We also need two other people to be officers, if Jayna is still interested in being one.

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I haven't filled that petition sheet yet, but I can when we get back. I still think it would be a good idea. I am up for being an officer- although it might be kind of tough getting people together for whatever training they want us to do. Do you know if we will have to be there early for that?

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I have no idea. I'll e-mail the Club Coordinator about that and get back to ya.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, she's out of her office until the 11th, so I won't know anything until then. I believe that we don't have to have the officers for training until the club is approved, and we have the first six weeks of the semester to get the paperwork in.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The application has to be submitted the first day of classes, then officer training would take place a couple of weeks after that. Then we would have to operate for an entire semester before we could get funding.

7. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I think we could pull that off. I will be working a lot with the incoming freshmen so I will work at getting our signatures and stirring up freshman interest. We should be ready to go by the time classes start.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome! *thumbs up*

9. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    Where do I sign?

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well I came by the GG last semester, but that was the one frelling night you and Jack skipped out! Anyway, Jayna has the list, so tackle her down when the semester starts.

11. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    "tackle her down"? o_O
    Do you want to rephrase that! I might just do that. :p

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, seek her out and ask to sign the petition. :p I forgot who I was talking to for a second.

13. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Yeah John, you'd probably kill her. :p

-Jack

14. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    Oh, come on! I'm not that rough.;)

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Not so much rough as, well, extremely large... ;)

16. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    You haven't met my brother yet have you. [face_devil] Muhhahahah

At 6'7" and 350+ he is bigger than me. o_Ó

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Dear god...

18. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    ..looks like we have a Jabba costumer. :p :D
    BTW guys, I'm heading down to D-town with my parents next Tuesday night. Should be there Wednesday evening. Dunno what we're doing the rest of the week but I'm going to try and get into the dorms ASAP. See ya next week!

-Jack

19. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey all ,when you get started with the new semester and getting the club officialized, please let me know if there is some kind of club advisor's class ormeeting I need to go to. I think there is, but am not sure, and nobody over in Student Activities seems to know either.
    Thanks,
  20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I can talk to capt_nobeard about it.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I talked to Wendy yesterday and refreshed her memory. She seemed really hesitant about a Star Wars specific club, so I added that it would be more of a Sci-Fi club to help augment the Gamer's Guild and Anime club, but would have a Star Wars focus, and she seemed ok with that idea. So I think going that route 'officialy' would give us a better chance being approved. Now, what we are 'un-officialy' is a different story ;)

I think it would also get us more members, which equals more money. We would still have our Jedi Council and primarily be a Star Wars group, but maybe have smaller branches like a Trek focus and a Farscape focus?

22. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    That sounds like a good idea...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.