main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Erik's C3 Blog

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm hoping if time and technology permits I can post updates of what is going on and what we are up to in Indianapolis, the city that for four days will be the most important city in the world, Just kidding, or am I? Feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them.
    I'm hoping to post stuff at least once a day.

By tomorrow night the first transport will be away, as Adam and Heber and I drive to Boise, which is actually farther away from the most important city in the world. Wednesday we get on a plane with my brother Russell and start heading in the right direction.

Wednesday night we head to the convention center, check in at the press room and get our fill of White Castle, and hopefully our intestines will still be in tip top shape for the next day's events.

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Cool can not wait to see you again Barry We will also be flying out on wed morning and will see you guys there. I am at the embassy suites with cody and Kasey Can not wait to see you there.

3. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Erik -

This sounds like a cool idea. I hope all you guys have a good, safe time at C3.

Try not to explode from all the excitement!! [face_hypnotized]

4. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    *reminds Erik and crew to take along some Tums*

Looking forward to the updates!

5. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Take your cameras to White Castle, because if you see NPH, I want pictures!!!!!!!

You guys need to have a contest to see who can eat the most too. That would rock.

6. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I'm taking my video camera, so when I get back I'll dump the footage into the computer, cut it together, slap on some music, and hopefully come up with something cool.

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Adam, Heber and I are very lucky to be in Boise tonight. It rained like a MF around Blackfoot and Poky and then it started snowing like mad. We actually saw snow plows. A semi truck and several cars were off the road and slush scraped the bottom of my car while Heber drove and I played Tron on the GameBoy. It was his driving skills that saved us all.
    Once we got to Mountain Home things cleared up. We figured nothing not even Mother Nature was going to prevent us from our journey to the most important place on Earth.
    We are trying to settle down and actually sleep. Not sure it will happen though.
    I hope the worst part of the journey is behind us now.

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Today after minimal amount of sleep we headed to the Boise airport and ran into a bunch of Boise fans. The captain of the plane greeted us on the PA system and said how excited the whole crew was to see ROTS.
    When we get on the plane in Denver it was entirely full of fans being kiddy is giggling school girls the plane crew thought for a second it was a chartered plane.
    And then the glorious moment came and we landed in the most important city in the world. And I'm not talking about Detroit. We arrived at the convention center and looked around it almost brought a tear to all of our eyes. We could feel the Force. Russell and I checked in at the press room and flashed our fancy badges like we were important.
    And then we went to White Castle. The real thing tastes much better than the frozen crap. like the difference between poo and chocolate. We will go there often. Pictures should hopefully be coming soon.

9. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    you guys are going to have gastric issues for days!

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Today, has been a most spectacular day! Russell and I got in early with out press badges and got to see things set up it also helped us get most of the fine merchandise we were looking for. After the autograph hall and the art show we saw Star Wars Trilogy in 30 minutes. It was fast and furious. Next on the agenda was Temeura Morrison and Bodie Taylor on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'ia.
    My feet hurt. My bunions have bunnions on them.
    Most important was the Opening Ceremonies which were Awesome!. I'm so tired right I can't explain too much.
    Barry and Valerie arrived here tonight they are still at the convention center I think.

11. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    the gastric battle has begun. i have called upon the force many times but alas, white castle has begun to overrun the bunker labrynth of inside my intestines.

opening ceremonies was an experience not to be missed. the main exhibit hall has me feeling the force in many ways that would cause me to change my pants. i should have brought some wipes. the art and some of the costumes are phenomenal. there is something to be said about standing in line to get in and there is even more to be said about getting rained on for two hours while standing in line to get in.

the indianapolis convention center is the happiest place on earth. wish you were here.

12. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    sounds like you guys are having a blast... we bored poor Alan to tears tonight... he finally left us... like he wouldn't want to enjoy Love Actually with the four of us girls... what could possibly be wrong with him?

We're all looking forward to a full update when you guys get home!

13. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    The reason that pilot greeted all the fans was by my request! I'm so glad I said something, it really made it special!

14. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Sorry, I didn't post yesterday. The main thing from Yesterday was the Rick McCalum Spectacular with about 8 minutes of footage from ROTS that blew all of our minds. Russell was invited to a after hours party with Master Replicas that was pretty swanky and had lots of celebrities. Today we got to see George Lucas and he did confirm more animation and a live action TV Series is in the works. It was something else to see the man who started it all. One of the main themes of this convention has been "Star Wars is Forever". I don't know how many times speakers have told us that. I thought leaving C3 would feel like the end of an era but I really think a C4 could happen. I also went to a panel on the books and saw some cool shows hosted by Warwick Davis.

15. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    A Helluva party! Ate too much White Castle and got sick Friday afternoon, but aside from that, this was one of the best weekends of my life!! Got to see all kinds of cool stuff, like a stage-full of jedi, a stage-full of Star Wars bad girls, three Fetts on the same stage... Too cool!!

Also got to hear about how stunt coordinator Nick Gillard threw down on some crazy fool who "wouldn't get out of my way." Saw effects supervisor John Knoll just about everywhere I went. I'm sure he thinks I'm stalking him.

Waited in line four hours to see opening ceremonies, and it was worth every second of the wait. A whole stage of stormtrooper, and having Vader call us "scum and villany".

The fan fair room was way cool. You had little kids lightsaber dueling Vader. Really cool dioramas depicting key scenes from the saga. And a whole bunch of Star Wars cars.

Got some autographs. Seems female jedi are really HOT under all that make-up (HUBBA, HUBBA)!! The guy who played Kit Fisto was really cool, and he kinda looks like Max Cavalera from Sepultura!!

Lots of cool costumes. My favorites: a midriff-baring female stormtrooper, a guy dressed up as a lightsaber, and a pack of dudes dressed up like George Lucas!!

And the footage we saw frow ROTS: UN-MUTHAF#$%IN'-BELIEVABLE!!!! This movie wil boot every other movie ever made in the butt three or four times!

One off-the-wall highlight: Staying up until 2:00 a.m. making up goofy bogus questions to ask George Lucas. Lots of laughs!!

All that and we saw Kung Fu Hustle, too!! And, yes, I laughed until I peed my pants.

Despite the lines, and crumby weather, and inability to get to all the things I wanted to see, this was a very special weekend.

16. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Got home at 6:30 this morning. The homecoming was not uneventful. Someone failed to pay attention what bag she was claiming at the airport and she ended up with mine instead. Fortunately, she called me and apologized and then returned it to the airport where Erik's mom (was visiting Russell in Boise) picked it up and brought it home so I could get it.

After that I had sweet sweet Star Wars dreams for the 4 hours of broken sleep I managed to get before a job interview today. Then I managed to bomb a math test tonight but it was all worth the best pants-filling experience of my life. My testimony of the Force has been greatly strengthened. I think I'm going to buy an x-box just to play Star Wars games on it. All due to C3.

And how about those Titaniums from Wal-Mart?! Sweet monkey!

17. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    That was my math test you bombed by the way. ;) But think positive, I havent even graded it yet.

So, shall we all get together to exchange pics and video? I taped a great deal of the opening ceremonies including the music video and the intros to the performers such as 30 min, One-Man, and the Musical. I also turned on my camera during Lucas and got 15 minutes of great footage of the ceiling... but you can hear every word Lucas says. I got Biggs to bless my helmet and a few random encounters with celebrities.

Oh yeah, lots of footage of Indianapolis at 4:00am while in the Lucas line. Lots of ambience in that shot.

18. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I shot about 45 minutes of footage. I'm gonna sit down and see if I can cut it down to about 5-10 minutes. Then I'll slap on some tunage and SHAZAM!! Hopefully, it'll turn out okay enough to show at the May meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.