main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Errant Venture's Armament post-NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Even__Piell, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Did Booster get to keep the turbolaser and ion batteries transferred to the Errant Venture from Lusankya during Rebel Stand?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I doubt it.

The generator requirements would be too much

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Damn, and here I thought this thread was about me. :p

I think it would be stupid to disarm the Venture back down to her pre-NJO specs. The Republic needed all of the ships and firepower that she could scrap together, so it would be logical just to keep the Venture fully armed. This way the Venture would be able to put up a good fight, even if she was just a smuggler's ship.

4. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Besides, Booster has become a little more entwined in the GFFA now...

5. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Didn't Booster say that he was going to go into legitimate merchantile business after the war, or was that just Karrde?

Also, what happened to the superlaser that was on the Errant Venture?

6. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    I believe that Booster got to keep most of the weapons. However, I don't think he had the crew to use them, especially since he was ferrying around the Jedi children for most of the war.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Errant Venture's Armament post-NJO<<

He became a mod long before the NJO was finished...

8. Shadeleader

Shadeleader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    What about 'the main gun'? Does it still have the Darsaber stowed away in there?

9. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    It depends on whether or not you believe in the Venture Superlaser theory.

If you do, then probably yes.

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    The Errant Venture is clearly holding her own as a cap ship through to the end of the NJO... she's also serving as a Jedi facility, and as a command ship for the SA (who're as much part of the Alliance as the Hapans or the Empire) and thus no longer quite as civilian as she used to be...

As to the HammerTong superlaser... what do you think fired the "Starlancer" shot? A Majestic-class heavy cruiser, they said in the novel? Nahh... that was a superlaser... and the EV's the only ship with one of those...

Well, actually, the only ship with one of those is the Shada's HammerTong... but that's all the more reason why Booster would want it...

Also, note the suddenness with which the EV trashes the Vong at Borealis... is that just an Alpha Strike from an ImpStar? I'm not convinced...

- The Imperial Ewok

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I always thought that shot was a turbolaser beam that hit Lah's command ship and not a superlaser.

Where did this "EV has a superlaser" come from? I don't recall reading about it. As for the Vong ship at Borleas, my guess is it was not expecting so much firepower from the red ISD. Remember the EV was famous in the Vong fleet, noted for her red color and infearior weapons platforms, so that captain was not expecting it.

12. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    But if the Venture could get a superlaser, then why aren't we seeing ISDs and Mon Cal Cruisers equipped with the same?

Or maybe Booster mounted one of those ultra heavy planetary turbolaser cannons on the Venture.

13. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Errant_Venture: it was in the Gamer, IIRC... a TL simply couldn't take out a ship with a single strike...

Pelranius: because the technology is derived from the HammerTong, which Shada stole during ANH... only a limited number of people know of that ship's existence... it's possible that Booster and Karrde simply lifted the HammerTong prototype into the bigger hull...

And if anyone would have access to DS schematics, it would be Karrde - via Ghent, if nothing else...

- The Imperial Ewok

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, I believe the darksaber/EV info comes from the NJO sourcebook, doesn't it?

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, NJO sb... and vague refrences made within Edge of Victory of some kind of secret weapon causing the destroyer to super nova with only one shot...

Whatever it is was apparently bought through blackmarket Hutts, and one of the head engineers for the weapon, has quietly whispered, "Darksaber". So it may have a conic focusing unit similar to how the darksaber functions, but it must be considerably smaller, it'll take out a large ship, but don't expect it to destroy a planet. Its also apparently unstable, and puts a big strain on the ship in which time the errant venture is pretty much a sitting duck, until the ship recharges. Which is why its only good for last ditch efforts...

16. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Also, note the suddenness with which the EV trashes the Vong at Borealis... is that just an Alpha Strike from an ImpStar? I'm not convinced...

Not to make this thread another "Reintroducing a sort of conspiracy theory-type thing: the armament of the Errant Venture"-type thread, but in Rebel Stand, Allston specifically writes that EV's new guns fired on the YV cruisers. These new guns refer to the turbolaser and ion batteries from Lusankya.

But don't get me wrong, I too personally believe the EV has a Darksaber-type superlaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.