main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ESB Question ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MikeSolo, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Have a question for the holy grail for Star Wars movies The movie that I think some StarWars fans have a shrine of in their bedrooms and pray to it every nite. Then sleep with some of their ESB action figures. Anyways back to my question.

When Han goes looking for Luke out on Hoth how come he don't die along with Luke ?
    Hoth is suppose to be this super cold ice planet and when the sun goes down it gets so cold that it makes the coldest parts on Earth look like a tropical island. Han's weird looking lama died but Han and Luke live ? I know I know I know that if they did die the movie would be over :) but what is the answer to why they just didn't freeze to death on this super extremely cold planet ?

2. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Han built a shelter

3. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Yea I know but before Han built the shelter you have Han and Luke walking around on this ice planet when the sun is going down. Wouldn't they have just frozen to death. Even the shelter might of not helped were talking about a ice planet here I planet that is soo cold I dunno have the Rebels were able to live there I guess it wasn't that cold then :)

4. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Han had his thermal underpants on.

5. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Of course don't go anywhere without those :p maybe the force helped them but thats the answer to all star wars questions it was the force :p

6. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    What Han should of done was drag Luke back to the wampa cave and set fire to the wampa to keep warm.

Or I guess they could of just activated the lightsaber inside their shelter to keep warm, that thing is hot enough to melt steel so it should be able to keep them warm in a shelter.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Han brought a portable shelter with him.

8. DarthBurns

Apr 28, 2001
    midthomp, a lightsabre does not give off heat.

9. midthomp

Jul 30, 2003
    how come Qui-Gon was able to melt that door? Han could jam it in the Wampa body for a few minutes until it catches fire.

10. DarthBurns

Apr 28, 2001
    That is true, but the way a lightsabre works is by speeding up the molecules on whatever it touches. However, if you were to put your hand next to a lightsabre, you would not feel any heat.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Right, lightsabers do not radiate any heat; they only heat up whatever they touch.

12. midthomp

Jul 30, 2003
    Ok, I can live with that but they still could ignite the wampa by jamming the lightsaber into it for awhile. They then could have heat & dinner.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    First of all, the wampa was still alive, and it would have been very angry. I doubt Han was skilled enough with the lightsaber to fend off an angry wampa. And another thing, the wampa was far, far away, too far for Han to go looking for it.

14. midthomp

Jul 30, 2003
    I guess he could of built the shelter and then roasted the taun-taun. Maybe that is what they did as they did survive the night.

15. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Going back to the Wampa cave nah then they'd be attacked by more Wampas. Should of brought Leia and few other rebel women with them they'd help generate some heat out there :p

16. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Anyone ever think that Han might have brought a portable heater with him in a pack on the Taun Taun. Just a thought. ;)

17. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i'm not entirely sure what kind of heat you're talking about solo

18. MikeSolo

Aug 6, 2002
    Do I hear some sacrasm in your response or you serious :p Well in either case its a heat called HUB aka HUman Body Heat ya know get couple of humans rubbing aganist each other to make some heat. So Leia for Han and a rebel woman for Luke :p

19. Boba_Kris

Boba_Kris Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2003
    My take is that since Luke was hurt or battered, he was obviously weak. So therefore he could not handle the cold Hoth weather like Han. Han was healthy like a horse or Tauntanun (sp?).

20. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Did anyone listen to me!!! Han must have used common sense and taken a small portable heater with him!!!!!

21. Twisted Sithster

Twisted Sithster Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 22, 2000
    Also, the tauntaun's body would have given off heat for several hours.

TS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.