main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ESB]They removed Yoda's line!?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBane77, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    his turn? his turn for what? were yoda, luke, and artoo playing tiddly-winks?

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    If you want proof besides everyone saying its there. Check the line by line thread. those nerds don't miss a beat.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    When? Please give some sort of context.

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    You may be hearing him say "Quickly, I cook. I cook." while in his hut with Luke.

5. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    I dunno if some DVD players are malfunctioning or some people suffer from selective perception - but I've just checked the ESB DVD. And the "feel like what?" line is definately there.

6. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Is it possible that some DVD discs are a bit dodgy?

7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Guess what? Yoda isn't even ON my DVD! Yes, somehow he was erased from the disc in a strange DVD pressing scandal. And the Death Star is pink, too!

Amazing what people conjure up in their minds. 8-}

8. walrus

walrus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    I do believe that DVDs can malfunction in that way. Be as skeptical as you want but it is true. I have watched ESB probably about fifty times (maybe more) and the other day I was watching it on my DVD player and Han's line "You could use a good kiss!" was removed also (an yes, it appeared on the subtitles).
    It is weird but I am sure there is an explanation. I remember once I saw "Ziggy Stardust the motion picture" on a friend's DVD player and all the part were Bowie explains that it's the last tour he will do as Ziggy wasn't heard while the noise of the audience was still there.

9. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Sounds to me like phase cancellation. I'm sure the dialog is there, it just needs to be heard with the correct sound system. Dialog doesn't drop off of DVD's anymore than lyrics drop off of CD's.

10. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    He did it when they went to get the food after Luke gets his. Before Yoda revealing himself. I have it on video but i got no proof. I think they played the special edition ones.

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    That is exactly the same thing and was reported even more often than Yoda's line. It is there. On every DVD.

12. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I blame that on the DVD's period. For the longest time whenever Leia said in ESB: "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee," and Han says, "I can arrange that..." the line: "...you could use a good kiss!" Wasn't there! Then a few weeks ago, I played it and I nearly kealed over when I heard it! At long last!

The audio on those DVD's is awful and that green saber in ANH...

Let's hope they improve on this.

13. the-shrude-dude

the-shrude-dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    DVDs drop synch occasionally , but i've never heard of this sort of thing before !! Me thinks you aint always concentrating !!

Anyway, its least its not as bad as substituting the terse yet orderly "Bring my shuttle " to the rather poncy and pantomimic evil "tell my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival " .... ooooh im so SCAAARRREEEYYY...

14. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    dude getting into an argument about yoda with yodajeff is just silly. Just look at the mans web site. Dudes got all the scripts!!

seriously on all yoda issues i yield to yoda jeff. I dont remember yoda saying my turn ever, and yoda jeff doesnt either so ...

15. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    The lines "You could use a good kiss!" and "Feel like what?" are spoken by characters who are off-screen, and the sound comes from the left/right front speaker instead of the center speaker, to emphasise this. Pretty cool.

16. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Maybe it's my speaker acting up then, because I checked for Han's line and it's gone too. :( I don't have any external speakers. It's coming from inside my TV. Anyone know how to fix this?

17. DarthSerta

DarthSerta Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I have the portuguese version ( spoken in English; subtitles in portuguese )and the line it´s there.PERIOD

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Try either the stereo track or make sure your DVD player is set to downconvert the 5.1 audio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.