main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Escape from slavery to...Find out inside! (adventure)UPDATE #1!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Me-Wan, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Me-Wan

Darth_Me-Wan Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    Title:Escape from Slavey
    Author:Darth_Me-Wan
    Timeframe:1 year before TPM
    Characters:Aydree (OC, by me)
    Summary:Aydree attempts to escape slavery.
    Disclaimer:The SW universe is Lucas's, I'm just borrowing it.

Aydree hid deeper in the shadows, trying to somehow make herself smaller, so the large, burly man wouldn?t find her. ?C?mon, yeh lidle good fer nuthin?! I know yer in ?ere!? the man was 6? 5?, and was as strong as a bantha. He had beady little black eyes and a bushy beard. He wore black pants and walked around bare-chested. In his hand he held a menacing looking whip in his hand. Aydree did not want a closer look. The room was long and dark, its lights had long since burnt out-the man had been too lazy to replace them-Thank goodness for that, she thought. He began to walk down the length of the room, and Aydree darted out silently, behind his back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aydree was a 15 year old girl ?no, not a girl, not even a person- she had to remind herself. She had been a slave as long as she could remember. Worse than just being a slave was being a slave to Gordazhio Fritz. She didn?t think any other masters were like him; in fact he was the worst she had ever heard speak of.

She wore a long black skirt which reached her ankles and a loose, long-sleeved, white work shirt. She had shiny black shoes on. Her hair was straight, shoulder length, and jet black. She also had a black cap with a visor which shielded her from the powerful sun. Frida, another female slave her age, was walking alongside her up the dust path to the farm they worked.

?I?m telling you, one day, when I get the chance, I?ll get away from here. I mean, slavery isn?t right, and Fritz is?is? terrible?do you know what happened yesterday?? without waiting for an answer, she continued, ?I was working for 18 - 18 - hours straight with the same bantha to pull the plow, and when I tried to take a break they wouldn?t let me. They wouldn?t even let change banthas after the usual 12 hours! So the animal got sick,? She stopped for a breath before continuing, ?And he started chasing me with his whip! I was able to hide yesterday, but if he?s still mad, he knows to find me at work?? she shivered reluctantly.

Frida shook her head. ?Don?t speak like that too loudly, Fritz will hear of it,? she cautioned quietly. Aydree bit her lip and was quiet the few remaining minutes of the walk. The farming center was miles wide and miles long, and the entire perimeter was fenced with barbed wire to prevent escape. Every few hundred feet a gray sentry tower rose gloomily into the air. At the entrance were a row of stalls for the banthas, perpendicular to the road. They made the turn and opened the gate. Fritz was there, grinning evilly.

Aydree breathed in sharply in fear. ?Well, well,? Fritz walked forward slowly, ?If it isn?t my bantha killer,? he lifted up a hand, which was grasping a whip. Aydree contemplated running, but before she could even turn around he lashed out with the whip. It cracked across her face, and she fell to ground. She looked up, but now there was a bloody gash across her right cheek.

?Please, please,? she gasped, lifting up a hand in appeal. Fritz walked around her behind her. Crack. The whip slashed across her back, tearing her shirt where it hit. Please, make him stop, she thought helplessly, please? Crack, Crack Crack?

2. DriftingThread

DriftingThread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    Well descripted and exciting. I'm intrigued. Please continue!:)

3. Darth_Me-Wan

Oct 31, 2005
    Thanks for the reply and encouragement!
    ////////////////////////////////////

Aydree?s entire body ached. What happened? She wondered to herself. One eye opened, followed by the other. It was night, but she could see that she was on the floor of the bantha-stall area. She groaned quietly and lifted herself up into a sitting position with her hands. Suddenly, her memory came rushing back: her master, the whip, her pain? She stood up, the pain lessening by the minute. She ran a hand over her cheek, along the scar her master had left. She used her other hand to feel her back. Her shirt was torn in many places, and scabs had formed on her light skin. That man, that evil man? she thought, reliving her pain again.

A thought formed in her mind. He left me here, and doesn?t know where I am! I could actually run away, and he wouldn?t know until the afternoon report comes in. After he gets it he?ll know I didn?t show up to work, but not before! She could actually do it! But then she thought, but I don?t know anything about, well?anything except farming.

But you?ve got to try, the first voice said.

Actually, you don?t, the second countered.

It can?t be worse than here, can it? The arguing in her head continued for the next few minutes. It would have gone on for longer if a beam of light hadn?t appeared at the end of the stall. A security guard! Her head spun for a place to hide. There was none, or at least none that were close enough to her that she would be able to get to it before the guard saw her. I should have been ready?obviously Fritz has someone walk around and around the farm center at night. Wait a minute?he must have seen me before?he must expect to see me again. So she just stood there, which turned out not to be as smart a move as she thought it would be.

?Ah, you?re awake, at last,? the guard said, walking closer, light shining into her face, blaster pistol now drawn. ?Gordazhio Fritz will be happy to see you. Come in front of me,? he motioned with the gun, ?We?re going,?

She walked dumbly in front of him, not believing that after such an elated few minutes thinking of escape it was all over. The guard had said Fritz would be happy to see her, what did this mean? What will he do to me now? She had no intention of finding out, she decided as she crossed the threshold of the stall-area to the path outside.

After a few minutes of walking she stopped abruptly. ?Move!? the man said forcefully, underscoring his words by pushing the blaster barrel against her back. The man assumed she would stop. Who but a fool wouldn?t? Aydree was no fool, but she was desperate. She pulled her elbow back as hard as she could into the guard?s gut. He reeled back, gasping for air, doubled over and groaning. She turned and walked to him, and then slammed her knee into his lowered face. He collapsed. She looked around, saw no one was coming, took the guard?s pistol, and ran off to the main city.

4. Darth_Me-Wan

Oct 31, 2005
  5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Good start! :)
    you get across very well what life is like for your OC aydree as a slave. (her lack of identity, being a slave for so long- the constant work- the cruel master- the desperation to escape)
    i am quite curious to where you go with this. it should be very interesting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.