"Escape" (K/J songfic) !!!!!Sequel "Fall" Up Now, pg 2!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The song is "Escape" by Enrique Inglesias. I've had this idea running around in my head for ages, and finally had to put it down. It's kinda odd, but . . . Here it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Escape" by DantanaSkywalker

He let her run. He knew that he would track her down. She would stop running eventually, and realise the truth. She couldn't escape it. He knew it, and she knew it.

Here?s how it goes
    You and me
    Up and down
    But maybe this time
    We?ll get it right
    Worth the fight
    'Cause love is something
    You can't shake
    When it breaks
    All it takes is some trying

She leaned against a bulkhead, breathing heavily. She had been running for what seemed like ages. Running had been cowardly, but it was the only response she'd been able to come up with, after that scene in the deserted pilot's lounge. They'd been having a perfectly normal conversation, then . . .

If you feel like leaving
    I'm not gonna
    Beg you to stay
    Soon you'll be finding
    You can run
    You can hide
    But you can't
    Escape my love
    You can run
    You can hide
    But you can't
    Escape my love

She looked up, to find his green eyes fixed on her, a faint smile on his face. Something in his eyes made her sit up straight.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Not much."

She didn't know if she wanted to pry further. His voice had taken on a quality it only did when they were alone, talking about . . . personal matters. It meant he was thinking about her, and didn't want to admit it. Or maybe he was trying to get a response from her.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Why?"

"It makes me uncomfortable."

"So? Are you telling me that my simply looking at you frightens you, Colonel?"

"I didn't say it frightened me. I said it made me uncomfortable."

So if you go
    You should know
    It's hard to just
    Forget the past
    So fast
    It was good
    It was bad but
    It was real and that's
    All you have
    In the end
    Our love mattered

One black eyebrow lifted, and one corner of his mouth curled. She looked away, at her mug of caf.

"We've had this conversation before."

"What conversation? I seem to recall we were discussing the pros and cons of the new proton torpedoes."

She gritted her teeth. "You know what I mean."

"I'm afraid I don't. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate?"

He was doing it deliberately. She just knew it. "Your feelings for me. I told you, I'm . . ."

He'd stood up, and walked around the table. She looked up. "My feelings for you? You have no idea."

"Look, I'm not stupid. It's just . . . I'm involved with someone. You
    know that."

He pulled her to her feet. "All I know is, I've having a very hard time not kissing you right now."

She swallowed to quell a sudden surge of . . . something. Fear? Anticipation? "Don't- Don't say things like that. It's . . . It's not possible."

"Why not?"

"Because I love someone else."

"You only think you do." He leaned close, pressing her back against the table. "Give me a chance."

"I . . ."

If you feel like leaving
    I'm not gonna
    Beg you to stay
    Soon you'll be finding
    You can run
    You can hide
    But you can't
    Escape my love
    You can run
    You can hide
    But you can't
    Escape my love

His lips closed over hers, cutting off anything she might have said.

For a moment, she stood stiff and unrelenting. Then she let out a frustrated groan and melted, her mouth suddenly pliant under his. She leaned back, bracing her hands on the edge of the table. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her against him.

The power of her response frightened her, more than he ever had. The carefully structured walls of her shields crashed down against her will, but not of his doing. In that moment, she saw into him, and she suddenly recoiled from it, from the depth of his feeling for her.

She shoved him away, retreating out of his grasp. Her brown eyes were wild as she stared at him. He looked just as surprised, his green
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
  3. duskwings Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm here! :) OK, so I'm not in your usual cadre of readers, and I usually don't speak up much, but whatever.

Anyway. :D Lovely fic. I like how it ended not-happily, but still with hope--I mean, Kyp's saying that she will, eventually, realize her love for him, even though she's running now. I also liked the implication that Kyp's love is Jaina. So romantic. Sort of reminds me of Wuthering Heights, but that's probably just because I'm reading it in english right now.

Anyway. Enough babbling. Excuse me if I'm incoherent, I just got on spring break!

Right. Back on track. It's a beautiful fic, like all of your offerings to the K/J fanfiction Gods. :D

-duskwings
  4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    nice job dana! :D the song fit perfectly, and i could see that sort of thing happening...

~TJF
  5. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    No no no! Jaina dang it run the OTHER way! Back to him. Sheesh. Okay, write a sequel. *stomps foot* You must! *waves hand like Obi-Wan* You must write a sequel.

~~Jilly
  6. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yay! Peeps responded! :D

Glad you guys like this one. :D

Dana
  7. Bellyup Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh....*melts* Kyp and Jaina...Wow-the words to the wong really matched this fic!! Absolutely perfect; I can just imagine Kyp saying them! The whole idea was really sweet--wonderful reading!
  8. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I have to confess, I usually HATE Enrique Inglesias, but . . . I really, really, really like this song.

Dana
  9. Hail_Jaina Jedi Knight

star 2
    He was propelled into the wall, driven by the brunette whirlwind that was suddenly in his arms. She kissed him with a force that exceeded what had occurred in the pilot's lounge.

Just as abruptly, she tore away, a frightened and confused expression on her pretty features. He watched as the tidal wave of realisation washed over her.

Seconds stretched into an eternity.

This is really good Dana!!!! I love your writing style!!!
    Jaina ran :(
    she'll be back soon, though, not many can resist a certain masculine jedi master [face_love] ;)
  10. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    (speachless)
  11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm writing a sequel . . . :D

Dana
  12. Hail_Jaina Jedi Knight

star 2
    YAY!!!! A SEQUEL!!!!! *tackle hugs*
  13. alain_bioras Force Ghost

star 2
    Don't you just love it when you find a song that fits perfectly? ;)

Great viggie as usual. Glad you wrote another one, I'm desperate for more K/J material. :D
  14. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Help! I can't think of a song to use! :(

Dana
  15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    ... can't... don't know plot... and brain is broken... (always happens when I read something insanely good)
  16. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, this is great! I felt the knot forming in my own throat. :D And I agree, she can keep running, but eventually she's gonna end up right in his arms! ;)
  17. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    As usual, a wonderful viggie from the Queen of Viggies! No happy ending tho..... :( Oh well. Maybe you'll have to write a sequel where she stops running.

Anna
  18. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Master

star 4
    ... can't... don't know plot... and brain is broken... (always happens when I read something insanely good)

That always happens to me after the guys next door get their shipment and they let me borrow the... eh... better not go any further. Cops are probably monitoring. [face_laugh]
  19. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
  20. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    great fic as usual but not a very happy ending that's for sure
  21. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I need an apprentice.

Dana
  22. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Why would the Goddess need an apprentice...
    we already call you master, Dana :p
  23. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    LOL. I was just thinking, all these people say "Master of . . ." or "Apprentice of . . ." and I realise that I don't have an apprentice. :D Someone I can teach to be as angsty and evil as me. :D

"Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to
    angsssty hobbitses?"

Dana
  24. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTFL! That quote=hillarity :)
    I would be very, very happy to be your apprentice... uless you've got someone else in mind... or don't want me as your apprentice... *tries to contain enthusiasm* ...but if either of those a-fore-mentioned things is the case, it's okay...
    and if that paragraph made no sence... um, I don't know know what to do...
  25. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    KSOTF is now my apprentice. :D

Sequel, "Fall", coming soon. I'm makin' this a series, btw. And I AM still working on "Aftershock", "Not Of This Fold", and the "Moments" series.

Dana
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.