main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Escape" (K/J songfic) !!!!!Sequel "Fall" Up Now, pg 2!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    oooooh...a sequel? funkiness...

this was so cute...more soon please?

-JSD

2. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    This is great! I think he needs to pull out a lasoe or maybe chain her up or something. Probably be the only way she'll stop running.

3. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    heeeehee...weird mental images there...

-JSD

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana, I have now become your follower!!!!
    Your stories are great...

5. JediJainaSoloDurron

JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    i'm speechless, that is one of the best fics i have ever read. great job doesn't even cut it.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    This story is the sequel to "Escape". The song used in this songfic is "The Weakness In Me" by Joan Armatrading. It can be found on the "10 Things I Hate About You" soundtrack.

I don't own Kyp Durron, or Jaina Solo. They belong to Lucasfilms, LTD., and DelRey, and all that jazz. Believe me, if I owned Jaina and Kyp, the books'd be a heck of a lot different than they are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fall" by DantanaSkywalker

She had to be crazy. Yes, that was it. She'd only imagined that her feelings ran that deep. They didn't. Sure, she liked him. How could she not? He was quirky, and smart, and not at all stuffy like *someone* she could think of. It was just that . . . he'd kissed her. And it had been incredible.

But it meant nothing.

Right?

I'm not the sort of person
    who falls in and quickly out of love
    But to you I gave my affection
    Right from the start

Kyp Durron sighed as he flicked a small, round, legume-type vegetable across the table. It rolled across the metal surface and onto the floor. One of those annoying little ME-6 droids scurried over, electronically scolding him for "littering".

Across the room, Colonel Jaina Solo sat with Colonel Jagged Fel, their heads bent together. Fel said something, and Jaina grinned.

Kyp tried to ignore the stab of jealousy. Unfortunately, it was rather insistent, and burrowed from the pit of his stomach, through his lungs, and into his heart.

Had he been wrong about how she felt?

He shook his head. No. He wasn't wrong. She was just doing her best to avoid him, and the truth he'd made her confront.

Maybe he could make her face it again. If he did, she'd have to give in eventually.

I have a lover who loves me
    how could I break such a heart
    Yet still you get my attention

It was late evening when her commlink beeped. Muttering Corellian swear words, Jaina pulled out of Jag's arms and picked up the palm-sized device.

"Solo," she said, trying to hide her irritation.

"Colonel or General?" Kyp's voice asked.

Jaina shoved aside the weird, tight feeling that seized her stomach. She cast a quick glance at Jag, who was dozing, and slipped into the refresher. "What do you want, Kyp?"

"Not much. I was just wondering . . . if I could see you."

For some reason, her heart started pounding. Jaina gritted her teeth. It meant nothing! "Kyp, are you aware what time it is?"

"Yes. I'm also aware there's a certain wood-fiber-pulp product in your quarters."

It took her a moment to realise he was referring to Jag. "Excuse me?"

"Never mind. Listen, will you meet me tonight?"

For the space of five whole seconds, Jaina deliberated on it. Then she sighed. "Where and when?"

Why do you come here
    When you know
    I've got troubles enough
    Why do you call me
    When you know
    I can't answer the phone

Jag woke as Jaina was pulling on her boots. "Where are you going?"

She didn't look at him as she lied, "Jedi stuff. I shouldn't be long. Go back to sleep."

"Okay," Jag murmured, as he closed his eyes.

Jaina sighed. If he knew the truth, it would break his heart.

Make me lie and I don't want to
    And make someone else
    Some kind of unknowing fool

Kyp was waiting in a 24-hour restaurant, in a back booth. He smiled as she slid into the seat across from him. "Evening, Goddess."

"Look, Kyp. I can't do this. I told you. We are not possible."

His green eyes were smouldering. "You're a terrible liar, Jaya. You know the truth, and so do I. You can't hide."

"Yes, I can," she insisted, then stopped. "I mean-"

"I know what you meant. You're protesting too much, sweetheart. And one of these days, you're going to give in."

Kyp moved from his seat to hers, sitting so close she had difficulty breathing, and not from suffocation. "Give me a chance, Jay. Please. Just a chance to prove myself to you."

"You don't have to prove anything, Kyp," she whispered. "So maybe I'm attracted to you. It doesn't mean I love you. I love Ja

7. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    OMG! That was SO good.......... I loved when Kyp was telling Jaina she belonged to him...... BUt I'd have to say my favourite line is:in a breathy voice and tone that indicated Trin had nothing between her ears except the cold vacuum of space.

I nearly fell off my chair there. Great job! (And Ha ha on Jag!)

Anna

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    awww..."Yes. I'm also aware there's a certain wood-fiber-pulp product in your quarters." ...loved that line! so appropriate! sequel? please please please?

-JSD

9. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Kyp said, "I do."

She glared at him. "Shut up, Durron. I wasn't talking to you. Stay out of this."

hehe--that was such a Kyp line!!

This was even better than the first one--I'm sure the third one will be A-Mazing!! I especially loved the last line of this one. It was ended very nicely! :)

10. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful Dana, Can't wait for the third one.

~~Jilly

11. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Ohp ohp!! Ohp! She ran! She's not supposed to do that...!!

Going quickly to the sequel!!

-Mia

12. Jaina525

Jaina525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Very well written. I'll have to read the sequel. I didn't like the end.
    Jaina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.